Did Daenerys Ditch Her Pals? Orphan Clone Gone Too Soon? Why the Fosters Recast? Flash-y iZombie? And More Qs

Orphan Black

We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Silicon Valley, The Fosters, iZombie and Bones!

1 | What did you think of Orphan Black‘s new clone, Krystal? Bummed she’s already gone?

2 | How could Game of Thrones‘ Daenerys just leave her advisors and lover in the bloodbath arena as she flew away on her dragon?

3 | Considering Silicon Valley‘s brainiac Jared knew the uses for amyl nitrate, are we really to believe he didn’t know what Schrödinger’s Cat was?

4 | Did Larry David and Jason Alexander’s biting banter as Tony presenters make you wish they’d host next year? And did Kelsey Grammer’s Finding Neverland performance give you flashbacks to Peter Pan Live‘s Christopher Walken?

Salem5 | Did Salem take the prize for Most Shocking Kiss of the Year when it had the Countess Marburg lock lips with Mary’s prepubescent son?

6 | At this rate, do you think The Bachelorette will end up with any of the guys that were originally cast on her season? And is it perfectly natural — or terribly wrong — that we keep expecting a dark turn in the updates about Britt (this season’s runner-up for leading lady) and Brady (the songwriter who followed his heart/need for screen time to pursue her)?

7 | TVLine reader laurelnev asks about The Whispers: “Why didn’t Grandma ask why Deaf Grandson [Henry] was suddenly watching TV with sound instead of closed captions?”

8 | Does the host of UnREAL’s “Everlasting” almost jarringly sound exactly like (and even favor a bit!) Arrow’s John Barrowman?

9 | It’s weird that The Fosters is recasting Jesus, right? Like, is the character’s absence so terrible that we we need a new actor to bring him back?Murder In the First

10 | Did TNT’s Murder in the First deliver the week’s eeriest moment, when all the dead teens’ cells began ringing/lighting up?

11 | Can’t American Ninja Warrior just, like, leave one of their courses in the middle of Times Square for passersby (…or TVLine staffers on the way to the office…) to play with?

12 | To the iZombie fans who were iffy on Major: Did that awesome action sequence win you over? And as great as the use of “Der Kommissar” was, are you curious to see that scene with “When Doves Cry” playing instead?

13 | Are we to not notice 20Qs_Fulvio_Cecerethat the same cop (played by Fulvio Cecere) works for both iZombie’s Seattle PD and The Flash’s CCPD? Or is this simply a case of, “That’s the Vancouver talent pool for ya”?

14 | As Younger’s Josh was watching Liza’s video, did he seem to at one point be thinking, “Um, who took these pictures of us during intimate moments…?” Also, is that all we get of the marvelous Martha Plimpton?!

15 | All these years later, have we had our fill of America’s Got Talent‘s America's Got Talentincessant reaction shots from Nick Cannon?

16 | Were you surprised that The Briefcase’s “God-fearing, gun-toting Republican” family, especially given the homophobic sentiments they shared with one another, gave the lesbian wannabe moms as much as they did?

17 | Have you ever attempted to watch MTV’s mind-numbing, talking heads-blathering Girl Code? If so, can you please explain its appeal? (We only lasted 11 minutes, so… maybe it got less horrific?)

18 | The Today show’s Gilmore Girls reunion segment — correspondent Janet Shamlian asked some surprisingly smart, evocative questions, right?

Bones19 | Are we alone in thinking Bones’ Cam and Arastoo had vo-dee-oh-doh-doh’d in her office?

20 | If Wayward Pines’ Abbies have such a super-evolved sense of smell, why did that one not detect Ethan hiding, even behind a deer corpse? Are you sad that in 2095, we still have minted currency? And can we assume that in an unrated edit, Ben responded to Mrs. Fisher with, “Get the f—k outta here!”?

21 | Your favorite Beauty and the Beast premiere moment: the hot-and-heated rooftop makeout session, or the sweet proposal?

22 | Who’d like a little more plot development to go with Hannibal‘s extended Season 3 dreamscape? And on that note, were you fooled into thinking Abigail might’ve actually survived her throat-slitting  — or did you know she20Qs-Coneheads was a figment of Will’s imagination right from the start?

23 | Kremnotts (yea) or mebs (nay) to this ad campaign?

24 | Who is the most ubiquitous actress of June: Constance Zimmer (UnREAL, Entourage movie, USA’s upcoming Complications) or Carla Gugino (Wayward Pines, San Andreas movie, HBO’s upcoming The Brink)?

1. Mr. Tran K says:

About number 2 – it feels like a mix of How To Train Your Dragon and Jurassic Park.

2. Cass says:

1) I’m hoping Krystal is still around. They can only pass her off as Rachel for so long, we learned in season 1 that their genetic sequences are unique so hopefully someone sooner rather than later realizes Rachel’s pulled one over on them.

3. wrstlgirl says:

I don’t get The Fosters recast. Having Jesus away at school makes perfect sense. Does anyone know why Austin left?

• Et al says:

I have to assume his frequent problems with alcohol and the law got in the way of production and they got fed up.

• Mick says:

Several DUIs

• matraupach says:

The reasons why he probably left the show were already stated, although we can’t be sure.
      The recast might be because after they let Jesus live, he has to reappear at some point. not as a main cast but as a recurring character.

e.g. for Callies adoption or at graduation, Christmas, birthdays and other important family events because that’s how families are and even when you are far away at a boarding school you have to be home for such events.

I think that’s the type of Jesus they want to recast. Not somebody with a story line of his own more a stand-in character you can show.

This way the recast wouldn’t even hurt much because we don’t see him very often and they can focus more at a look alike kind of person and not on the acting skills ;)

And if we are honest: the Jesus story-lines were the weakest(only the ADHD part and the morning after pill part were good, but that was first half of season 1)

4. Wordsmith says:

2) I figure that, with Daenerys gone, the prospect of going mano-a-mano with Daario will be much less attractive for the remaining demoralized Sons of the Harpy.

5. Wordsmith says:

1) Krystal seemed like a caricature at first, but they did a surprisingly good job of turning her into a real person. I though she ultimately felt like less of a stunt than last season’s Tony reveal, and I hope that they find a way to bring her back from the coma someday.

6. Dude says:

I REALLY hope they bring back Krystal and find a use for her in someone’s storyline. I really liked her (better than some of the permanent clones *cough*Cosima*cough*)

7. RJ says:

2. Ugghh, I’ve been hearing that question – about how Daenerys could leave her team like that – everywhere. The answer seems pretty logic to me.

The Sons of the Harpy are after HER. If she leaves, they leave. Now you might want to ask “Well, the SOTH might still just kill the rest of the team just for the heck of it.” Look around when the camera zooms in on Tyrion & Co after Dany & Drogon fly away. They’re all gone. Half of them literally ran away when Drogon landed (on two guys btw). The other half were either burned alive, eaten, burned and eaten or killed by the Unsullied.

Plus Drogon was very injured and not leaving until his mother was completely safe so Dany decided to get him the f— out of there (as any protective mother would’ve done).

Sometimes I really wish people would just analyze a little further before asking questions that can easily be answered by common sense.

I apologize if this comment is full of grammatical mistakes. I’m Belgian so sorry for my English. Hope you understood what I was trying to say.

8. radmcawesome says:

Kremnots!

I’ve always loved Cone Heads and those commercials crack me up.

9. LADY_in_MD says:

#10- what an opening episode seeing the cell phones light up like that broke my heart I love this show and really like how it’s one storyline for the whole season like the first season
    #13 I was thinking the same thing

10. kate says:

17 I can’t believe I’m doing this but in it’s early iteration Girl Code was a good and unique take. Now they suffer from over saturation.

11. rob geo says:

13) “Or is this simply a case of, “That’s the Vancouver talent pool for ya”?” a little hypocritical of you isn’t it – see #24! i know you all are mad because vancouver is stealing all your money, but, look up vancouver born actors on imdb. the list even surprised me as it numbered 893 people.
    some of the names will astound you!

• hannah says:

Are you seriously offended by such an innocuous comment? And 893 people, many of whom are probably based out of different cities now, and many of whom don’t fit the “older white male office worker” look they’re going for is actually a really small talent pool…

• rob geo says:

i don’t know if offended is the right word, i just took the comment as a slight. why even have 13 there at all when so many actors are in different shows at tthe same time and then tack on the vancouver thing? i thought the writer(s) didn’t know how extraordinarily extensive and divergent the vancouver talent pool is and i was just setting them straight!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Obviously it was not meant to offend; the sentiment was, “That’s simply how it amusingly is with Vancouver-based productions!” (I think Fulvio has also been on SPN, too.) Just like how Degrassi people always show up on Toronto-based Rookie Blue etc. —Mgmt.

• Doug Henning says:

The Vancouver talent pool is spread out over many shows.. Now that Continuum is finished, hope to see its star in other projects.

• rob geo says:

thanks for your comments mwm! maybe fulvio was working on one show and the guy who was supposed to play the cop on the other didn’t show up for some reason so he stepped in and saved their bacon! i’m just speculating here and have no insider info. so many shows are being filmed in vancouver now i’m sure they get their cables tangled once in a while!
      segue coming up… speaking of izombie, has anyone noticed how stunningly beautiful rose mciver is? i know she isn’t canadian, she’s from new zealand, but i think we should claim her anyway!

12. Curly Girly says:

#19 Bones: They were putting on their lab coats; I think its a rule that all personnel need to be wearing their coats at all time while in the lab
    #20 Wayward Pines: I think rotting deer meat would mask the smell of a human; that was the whole reason Ethan was using it.

13. Georgia Madman says:

12) iZombie. Yes and yes. Keep it up Major. And give Liv a break.

14. Lizzie says:

10. That moment was awful. So sad.

15. bar says:

Surprised there isn’t a Fosters question about the overlap between Alex Saxon’s character with his Finding Carter one. I know there are many similarities, but this time nearly the exact same thing happened. It’s funny to think that because of confidentiality he finishes on the Finding Carter set, goes to The Fosters, and then just has to keep mum on the overlap.

16. It’s kind of funny to complain about #17 and then be so positive about #18 because let’s be real…. there was a LOT of talking in Gilmore Girls

17. Byron says:

5 – That was creepily freaky.
    8 – I truly thought it was.
    10 – My heart was in my throat, I forgot how to breathe, and I thought how horrifyingly realistic that seemed…
    12 – Major and the scene itself was pretty awesome, and certainly would have been even better with “When Doves Cry”!
    14 – Wondered about the pix myself, and really hope Martha Plimpton returns.
    17 – I think Girl Code’s girls are quite hilarious.
    23 – Kremnotts for sure, and…
    24 – I do not know, but can we please just continue to have more and more and more of both? Please? Please?

18. Hamish says:

#23 is bad, but no where near as disrespectful as the KFC commercials with Darrell Hammond as Colonel Harlan Sanders.

• Jane says:

The KFC commercials are awful. The creepy little laugh he does makes me feel like he probably added poison to that chicken. I can’t imagine who thought those were a good idea.

19. texmike says:

#23 Knemnotts !!! Great to see the Coneheads are back from France.

20. Et al says:

1. Krystal was awesome. I hope they can get the actress back for future episodes.

21. Becca says:

1) Krystal will definitely be back, minus one eye.

22. Temperance says:

2 – If you want to be the Empress… 4 – No. It was trite and expected, and I hope to never see the awful Larry David again in this lifetime. 5 – Ew. Just EW.

23. Tom says:

~
    Vancouver talent pool. Dude’s gotta eat.
    ~
    23 | Kremnotts (yea) or mebs (nay) to this ad campaign?
    ~
    Kremnotts.
    ~
    ~
    Can’t it be both? They’re both awesome. Let us appreciate them in all their glory.

24. GeoDiva says:

10. Was one of most chilling & heartbreaking scenes I have seen on TV in a long time. I actually put my hand to my mouth in and whispered, Oh God.

25. Letti says:

2. I’d be a little pissed at Dany for that, but that scene was so cool, that it’s forgiven. And we know they will get out alive. I just hope this isn’t the end of Daenerys and Tyrion.
    12. I didn’t really like Major for about the first 2 episodes, but he quickly grew on me, so I already loved him by the finale. But those scenes were so badass, they made me love Major even more.

26. Andrew says:

1 | Krystal Goderitch will probably be back, as it appeared they were harvesting one of her eyes for Rachel. I’d be horrified if I was her, so I’m sure they’ll explore the consequences of that in Season 4.

5 | It was creepy. I don’t like the incestuous undertone they’ve been hinting at all season, either (in regard to female witches and their offspring). I’m all for edgy and different, but it’s just weird. Also, it begs the question: What is the relationship of male witches with their sons?

27. Eli says:

4. No I felt their antisemitism jokes, makes light of the real antisemitism that is plaguing the country and the world.

28. mtmslg says:

Salem is the guiltiest of pleasures. That show is bat sh*t crazy! And I love it!

29. Sheila says:

#9: uh, maybe they have to bring him back because his name is Jesus?

30. Lizo says:

Yes, I’ve been officially won over by Major on iZombie (I feel bad for pushing him aside so quickly now haha).
    And I will never tire of Nick Cannon on AGT. He’s *legit* the best part. How he hasn’t earned an Emmy nod for his hosting skills is beyond me.

31. knd24 says:

1. Loved Krystal! I really hope she’s not gone forever.

2. That was the first thought when she got on the dragon. I was like ummm what about your crew?

32. A.Rae says:

17 – I am coincidentally watching Girl Code right now… It has it’s moments…

33. Mommaknowsbest60 says:

4- Jason Alexander, yes, Larry David, no – that few minutes of Larry David was enough to last me a lifetime, thank you.

34. 22. The extended dreamscape is causing me to completely lose interest.

35. Bob Backus says:

16 If you were surprised than you really don’t understand or know your political enemies. I don’t watch the show but can tell from your comments that you don’t know much that isn’t written in the Democrat’s handbook, you should try learning about actual life and not the lies the dumocrats spew.

36. Lily says:

17) Girl Code is absolutely awful. Women CAN be funny (I’m a woman, so I’m not saying that condescendingly) but these girls either try to hard or are really encouraged to expand upon the wrong material. I watched at least 6 episodes with my teenage sister because she was into it, and honestly, I could host the show entirely on my own and do a better job. I think if you picked any five random women off the street they could outperform the girls on there.

37. Weezy says:

#16: No not at all. It just goes to show you how out of touch with reality the majority of this population is. It’s not really their fault that they are constantly bombarded with divide and conquer stratagems designed to keep everyone bickering. I mean when you can’t have a logical debate with someone because literally every “fact” proves the other side’s viewpoint, what do you do? Well you go super easy and call a group of people 100 million strong racist or homophobic or whatever else. Nevermind that you don’t have any proof of that and each person has their own mind. It’s extremely effective in getting people on board with insanely radical agendas if they think they are somehow on the side that wants to help people…bwah what a laugh that is. I’ve seen a local guy down here called every name in the book and constantly portrayed as a “gun totin Republican.” Funny thing is he is married to another man, who is an African American.

But by all means keep ignoring all the unbelievably heinous acts being done in our name because you believe the other side hates everyone. People are just too stupid these days…

• Weezy says:

For those who can’t understand what I’m trying to say. It’s very simple. You keep repeating something enough times “guns are racist”, “Republicans hate gay people”, etc. etc. etc. and then people finally start to believe it. Nevermind the Democratic party was the party of the KKK or that Planned Parenthood was setup by their best buddy Margaret Singer to abort as many black babies as possible, history and reality just don’t matter anymore. It’s all about broad brushing groups of people and trying to keep us all bickering while the elites take EVERYTHING from you and yours. How can you start to understand and do your own research if you are too busy thinking everyone hates you all the time? It’s so silly and stupid and not even close to true, but I guess perception truly is reality in this backwards ass Twilight Zone world we live in…

38. shrug says:

13: you see the same thing anytime you film a show somewhere other than the obvious places. Leverage and Grimm both aired in Portland, and a ton of the non main actors from Leverage have showed up on Grimm (Like Benano). Same goes with TWD and anything taped in Georgia. Its always best (meaning cheaper) to use the local talent pool when you can. And that is not a bad thing in most cases.

39. ncmacasl says: