Ratings: Beauty and the Beast Returns Steady, Hannibal Slips to New Lows

The CW’s Beauty and the Beast opened Season 3 with 880,000 total viewers and a 0.3 rating (per finals), ticking up just a bit in audience versus both its sophomore premiere and finale (which aired on Mondays), while matching their demo numbers.

Leading out of that, the iHeart Pool Party (880K/0.3) was up 23 percent in audience/flat in demo versus last year.

Elsewhere….

ABC | The NBA Finals did 19.8 mil and a 7.6, up 32 and 27 percent from last year’s Game 4.

FOX | Bones ended Season 10 with 5.1 million viewers and a 1.2 rating, up a tenth week-to-week; TVLine readers gave the finale an average grade of “B.” Wayward Pines‘ big bombshells drew 4.2 mil/1.2, up a tenth and averaging a grade of “A-.”

NBC | Aquarius (3.7 mil/0.8) ticked up, while Hannibal (1.7 mil/0.5) dropped 35 percent and two tenths from last week’s series lows.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

GO WARRIORS!!

2. wrstlgirl says:

IDK how everyone else felt but IMO last weeks premiere of Hannibal was terrible. Having said that last night’s epi is on the DVR.

3. DavidSask says:

Say goodbye to Hannibal!

4. David4 says:

Hannibal needs to move to Netflix. It really isn’t the type of show that can be watched week to week, it’s a big show!

5. Samson says:

Love Beauty and the Beast’s season premiere! Strong episode! Kristin and Jay have sexy chemistry. So happy VinCat are engaged!

6. Liam says:

Why do I have this horrible feeling we won’t get a 4th season of Hannibal? This makes me very sad.

7. Jason says:

The playoff are killing hannibal. if it doesn’t jump up after the warriors win the playoffs, it is finished…

8. Maryann says:

Aquarius is absolutely mesmerizing! If you haven’t checked it out, you should.

9. Troy says:

I love Hannibal but I felt like the season premiere last week was just trying too hard. It was like they were more concerned with the visuals than the actual storyline. I was kind of bored with the premiere to be honest.

10. SPAMMER says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

11. Georgia Madman says:

I’ll be watching Beauty tonight on Hulu.

12. Stanislava says:

NOOOOOO!!!Watch “Hannibal”,people!Please,watch!

13. Ron says:

Sigh. Well, I hope the last episode of Hannibal this season is satisfying because it seems like we unfortunately won’t get a 4th season. Though admittedly I was just happy we got a 3rd season, because it was quite iffy there for awhile. I would love for it to move to cable or online streaming, though, because if we’re being honest, Hannibal is not the kind of show that thrives on network television.

14. kmw says:

Keeping Bones going into June really worked didn’t it FOX. Of course being that the episode was bad it shouldn’t surprise me that it didn’t do well.

15. Dave says:

Sigh. Hannibal, in my opinion, is the best drama on network TV. I really wish more people watched. I’m guessing this will be the final season.

16. Well, seems like there is a party going on in here due to the likely cancellation of Hannibal. Interesting. All the terrible shows on TV today and people are happy that this one is getting cancelled? Such a shame this wasn’t produced in the UK. We’d get it.

• liame says:

I guess it was at the top of the list of terrible shows on TV today? Anyone with a brain gets it, some just don’t like it.