Exclusive

Defiance Sneak Peek: Nolan, Amanda and Irisa Uncover an Odd New Threat

Loading video...

Even a harsh spell of winter can’t cool things down in always-volatile Defiance.

As seen in this exclusive sneak peek from the Syfy series’ two-hour Season 3 premiere (airing Friday at 8/7c), not long after Nolan (played by Grant Bowler) and his daughter Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas) are (mysteriously) rescued from the pods they were sealed in at the close of Season 2, they and Amanda (Julie Benz) discover a fresh batch of out-of-this-world weirdness happening at the mine.

Who/what has set up shop at the mine, and what is their need for the gulanite? Those answers and more, when Season 3 opens on Friday.

1. Kate says:

I’m just very glad the whole Irisa and ‘god’ story line seems done, that seemed to get out of control and hard to follow. Especially when half the time, you’d rather be watching the drama of the interplay in Defiance itself.

• Wordsmith says:

I agree. I know the show needed an epic central conflict, but the whole evil A.I., magic keys, zombie cult thing was maybe a bit too complex. It did all come together in the end, though, which I respect.
      But yes, the best part of the show is the smaller political and familial stuff happening around the edges.

2. SPAMMER VON SPAMERSTEIN says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

3. The Grinch says:

SyFy started to win my respect back with this show. Was surprised how much I liked it. Ascension was also a pleasant surprise. Hope Dark Matter and The Expanse are good. Killjoys looks terrible. I laugh when I think of all the suits running this channel away from genre entertainment and then all these big hit genre shows become hits all over the dial EXCEPT SyFy. Morons.

• Wordsmith says:

Killjoys may turn out to be cheesy, but at least it’s unapologetically science fiction. The network seems more eager to embrace its brand these days, which is a step in the right direction after years of WWE and ghost hunter spinoffs.

4. James D says:

Is it tomorrow yet? everything I’ve seen or read about this season makes me so stoked to watch it. it looks like the writers have taken it up about 50 notches, those new aliens look awesome. last season season was “odd” the hole Irisa story line left me a little cold but it seems they’ve learned. can’t wait, I love this show.

5. Mary Ann says:

The first thing that struck me about that video was how clean the windows on the car were. I wish mine were that clean. (They never will be, I live in a rural area with dirt roads. lol) Pretty good for a place that probably doesn’t have a car wash.