The View: Raven-Symoné Officially Named a Full-Time Cohost

The View Raven-Symone Cohost

The 38th time was the charm for Raven-Symoné, who on Wednesday was officially, double-secretly named a cohost of ABC’s The View.

The former Cosby kid has been regularly guest-hosting on the daytime talker since early March.

“The Disney Company has made another one of my dreams come true! Being a part of The View’family will be a wonderful growing experience for me,” Raven-Symoné said in a statement. “I want to thank ABC, ABC News and The Disney Company for believing in me and my potential! Let’s have some fun!”

“Raven is smart, funny and genuine,” executive producer Bill Wolff noted. “She brings a fresh perspective on the hot topics of the day, and she’s a lively, welcome addition to our conversations and interviews.”

Leading up to her View run, Raven-Symone’s TV acting credits also included Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper, the eponymous That’s So Raven and Empire.

Have you been enjoying Raven-Symoné’s contributions to the panel?

1. She’s already gone gray? How old was she on the Cosby Show, 45? :P

2. Cas says:

Oh my that hair! Hipsters these days want to have gray hair but in 10 years when it is natural they will be dying it any other color.

3. Mr. Tran K says:

That’s NOT so Raven to co-host The View. :-(

4. Shazay says:

I dont always love her views, but she’s been good for the View…..I love Whoopi, Nicolle and Raven together. Rosie P hasn’t been working for me, but I like that they’re solidifying the group and have a younger-ish voice on the panel for the long term. She’s very different from their previous young voices (Debbie, Lisa, Elizabeth), so I’m looking forward to her unique look at things. She’s not afraid to play devils advocate, which is refreshing from a) someone from hollywood, and b) someone so young. My hope is that the 5th and final seat will go to someone who isn’t an actress or a comedian. Whoopi, Raven, Rosie – all actresses. Michelle is a comedian, so I’m kinda hoping she’s not full time. I’d like someone who has a more specialized, different background. The original cast had a two news types (Babs, Meri) a young voice with barely any experience (Deb) a comedian (Joy) and Starr was a lawyer with experience on tv, she had some jerry springer type law talk show back in the day. Joy was the closest thing to an actress…now we have 3 actresses and one political commentator. I think they need to hire a news vet of some sort, or a journalist……what’s Connie Chung up to these days? Make the view legit once more. Rosie O and Jenny really dragged it down.

5. Tiffany says:

yay 😂 Go Raven

6. LT says:

Totally down with this!!!!! Great news for THE VIEW!

7. c-mo says:

I can’t wait for the 20-something’s to get tired of gray hair…hopefully it’s before they have a headful of their own!

8. Helen Brooks says:

Love her…welcomed addition and should bring in the youngsters like 50 year old me…lol! I love that she almost never says what we would expect her to say – I won’t give examples lest I get censored…lol! Welcome Raven, it will certainly make me remain a viewer!

9. hopefully some day they can get sane women to host the show again

10. Mark says:

Does anyone still watch this show anymore? Best thing to do would be to scrap all the cohosts (Rosie Perez dear god just shut up!) and start from scratch.

11. HAP says:

Gawd. She’s all of 29!

• hud says:

Another “confused” person with an agenda. That makes her trendy. Wait, she doesn’t like labels. Bet she likes cash..

12. misery chick says:

I feel kinda nervous when I watch her, like she’s going to go CRAY CRAY any second…maybe it’s just nerves and anxiety.
    Hopefully she’ll be calmer now that she’s got the gig.

Love Michelle Collins, hope she’s hired.
    Yes, ITA that Rosie P. should just STFU!
    Painful to watch.

13. emjayay says:

That gray hair looks like a wig. I don’t get it. She’s 29?

14. I don’t understand why people keep leaving the view. I’m not that sorry to see Nichole Wallace leave. She tends to slur words making it difficult to understand her at times. I do regret that Raven has been made a permanent co host. She looks sullen most of the time and as far as politics, I don’t think she knows enough about it to add any comments. I have gotten to the point of just having it on to watch talking points just to see what ridiculous topic they are going to dwell on. Go Whoopi, you are the only one that seems to keep the show going.