Smash's Broadway 'Bombshell' Videos: Watch the Marilyns' 'Big Finish,' 'The 20th Century Fox Mambo' and More

Smash Broadway Concert Videos

Though it remains improbable that the whole shebang will be released on video (due to unions-related this-and-that), portions of the Smash cast’s one-night-only “Bombshell” concert have surfaced, thank Ellis.

Performed Monday night at the Minskoff Theatre and benefiting The Actors Fund, the concert featured alumni of the NBC drama including Megan Hilty and Katharine McPhee (sharing the parts for Ivy/Marilyn), Christian Borle, Brian d’Arcy James, Jeremy Jordan and Will Chase.

Thanks to the fine folks at Broadway.com, we at least have a montage of the night (which closes with a “Let Me Be Your Star” duet) plus excerpts from two of the numbers, embedded below. Check ’em out.

1. VJ says:

Oh wow, reminded of how much I miss this series. I know what DVD I´ll watch tonight. Looks great, better than nothing.

2. Anna says:

So they DID record the whole thing but they’re not gonna show it to us? Whyyyy do you do this to me world? I mean, I understand, it’s rules and regulations (I’m German, believe me, I know rules), but still… Anyway – thanks TVLine for linking to these videos! It really is better than nothing. It looks like it was a lot of fun, so that’s great. I hope everyone who got a chance to see it enjoyed it! (Btw – still Team Ivy!)

3. RUCookie says:

AGHHHH – I wanted to see this. How amazing must this have been live. Those voices! Wish we had a glimpse of “The Just Keep Moving the Line” – I had such shivers watching that on TV! And how about “I Never Met A Man Who Didn’t Howl” I could picture the dancing right now!

Thanks for the video TVLine

4. 777 says:

Megan Hilty is amazing

5. Margaret says:

“Don’t Say Yes Until I Finish Talking” was one of my favs, wish we could see the whole thing! Kudos to anyone who was at/performed at the Tonys the night before (+ had an 8 show week), that’s a killer schedule. Looks like it was a ton of fun.

6. Bryce says:

I was there and it was absolutely fantastic. Megan Hilty gave the standout performance in the show! Absolutely amazing!

7. Anandasky says:

Would absolutely love to see more … perhaps a tour? Thanks for sharing these! :)

8. Andrea says:

Want more Mambo!

9. Vi says:

Nothing there on my iPad or my iPhone 😠 why is this always a problem?

10. ed says:

I was there Monday night and Katharine MCPHEE was AMAZING! Public Relations was outstanding– her singing and dance moves WOW!

11. ed says:

And MAMBO! another amazing performance by McPHEE!

12. greysfan says:

This gives me hope that it could be released on DVD or seen on TV in the future as they seemed to have record it! That’s my hope anyway.

13. Tracy says:

Bad idea to have Linda the Stage Manager sing Wolf! Katharine McPhee killed it when she performed it on the show! Wish they would have given McPhee more songs and at least one ballad instead of doing so much with Hilty! McPhee was a much better Marilyn!

• Person says:

Actually, Megan sand it better…

They wanted the ENTIRE Smash cast to reunite! And Ann Harda killed that number!

McPhee did sing a ballad, Never Give All the Heart!

And, yes, Hilty did do a lot of numbers (wonderfully, I must say), because:
      1) She sang the numbers she sand on the show (except for Wolf)–it would have been a sad day if they gave Kat (as wonderful as she is) numbers that Hilty OWNS like “Moving the Line”, “Secondhand White Baby Grand” and “Let’s Be Bad”!

And, Hilty was the superior Marilyn!

14. Jessica says:

I really hope they sell DVDs of this!!!

15. jrpsf says:

Thanks, that was a real treat. Shame it isn’t going to be broadcast or available for purchase.