Exclusive

Bones Finale Sneak Peek: 'Pelant' Sends the Team a Flowery Warning

Pelant is reaching out from beyond the grave on Thursday’s season finale of Bones (Fox, 8/7c), and TVLine has your exclusive first look as the Jeffersonian team discovers a gruesome message from the serial killer.

While Cam is quick to point out that she examined Pelant’s remains, and that he’s most definitely dead, Brennan isn’t convinced that he’s completely gone.

“Someone as brilliant as Pelant, with all the money he stole from [Hodgins], he probably planned for the future,” she argues.

The flower — the tormentor’s famed M.O. — that they find in the victim’s throat only helps fuel her suspicions.

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on this blast from the past.

1. John NYC says:

I was SO over Pelant long before they finally eliminated him. The all powerful super villain was silly and tiresome so his return does not fill me with anything but anxiety for a failed finale.

• kate says:

THIS + 10 000

• Kathy H. says:

I’m a huge fan of Bones; however, I’m also tried of the Pelant storyline!!!! Give it a rest!!! I want a new villain – not a rehash of an old villain. If I have to see/hear about Pelant next season, I’m done with Bones!!!! Give it a rest and let Pelant stay D-E-A-D!!!!

• a says:

Pelant HAS NOT returned….he has a copycat follower who wants to carry on his work….lets try and keep sane, shall we ?

• John NYC says:

“‘Pelant’ Sends the Team a Flowery Warning”

That’s a “return” IMHO. And an unwelcome one.

• a says:

Pelant is dead…D E A D…he cannot return…he does however have a copycat follower who wants to emulate him by leaving his trademark flowers at the murder scene, for starters.

• John NYC says:

He quite obviously can return as an issue, i.s.s.u.e., and that’s enough of a turn off.

For starters.

• smartysenior says:

I actually stopped watching during the whole Pelant thing, I read recaps until the show got back on track and then I returned to watching. It always bothers me when a show that had a lot of lightness in its episodes suddenly turns dark and out of character. So, I just don’t watch.

• anon says:

Bones has ALWAYS had dark eps mixed in with the lighter eps….it is pretty much its MO since DAY 1…Epps was a dark character, as was the Gravedigger that spanned 6yrs on Bones (longer than 4yrs Pelant) as was Broadski, when Bones deals with darker issues they are usually their strongest eps IMO (human trafficking, child abuse, foster system, dog fighting, animal trafficking, bullying & sucide, child snatching…I could go) I mean if you want soley lìght eps or soley dark eps other shows do provide that…I for one enjoy the mixture of both.

2. July Lark says:

This is more than sad, they seriously need new writers, NOW!!

3. anon says:

Actually, a notorious serial killer, like Pelant in Bones, that has somebody imitating his killings, is actually a pretty realistic storyline and does happen in real life….tho with the way some fans react to anything Pelant, I suspect they have Pelant PTSD….its not real guys.

• Lana says:

Peland PTSD lol I love it. I definitely have Grave Digger PTSD – glad she got her head blown off – that was the best part about the Sniper guy….kinda didn’t care for him afterwards though :(

4. Maggie says:

I’m really interested to see where we are at the end of this episode. Given that they prepared JUST IN CASE the show didn’t go to S11, I’m really curious.

As to going back to the well on Pelant, I am reserving judgment. They definitely played that card for way too long, but I do enjoy a copycat scenario.

5. Ed Meiller says:

I was hoping to see Zack Addy in the finale. Or at least mention him. He was a big part of the first few seasons.

6. Jeri says:

Congratulations Emily & family, another boy. Now already for next season (almost).

7. Todd says:

The whole Pelant storyline was the reason I stopped watching Bones a few years back.

8. Carol C says:

I don’t want to see or hear the P word’s name ever again.

9. kmw says:

I do not care for Pelant as well but I will reserve judgment till I watch. I am interested to see how the end comes about considering they thought they might not come back. Remember since Emily was pregnant that cut down on what they could do as well especially since Booth was shot last time. Given the fact that they wrote this as a possible series finale, I believe it will be a better episode than we might think. And one last thing congratulations to Emily and her husband on arrival of new son!!!

10. Dani says:

Super villains only work in comics, science fiction and fantasy. Pelant with his omnipresent hacking powers had no business being in Bones in the first place. If they have to bring a dead character back, it should be Sweets or Vincent. I’m pretty sure they can just borrow from Criminal Minds if they want a compelling serial killer character. Pelant should be the character forgotten and buried forever, instead of Zack which fans have been asking for since he left.

• anon says:

Isnt Gormogan and Zack pretty much super vilians too….the murderer and his apprentice? Too be honest I dont want to see Zack back pretty much for the same problems you have with Pelant….Does Eric even act anymore?…I dont see any tv/movie roles he did since Bones.

11. Ruth Ann Walker says:

I myself liked the Pelant story line. What I liked was Pelant matching wits with Brennan and even respected her and bravely coming right into the lab where she was. I always wondered from episode to episode what would be his next plan, He knew Brennan was a genius and He liked bating her. This finale seems like it will be a thriller, and also what will happen to Angela & Hodgins, Booth & Brennan……..whatever way they go with this, they ALL have signed contracts for season 11. What other show can you find that can keep your interest for 10 years and be thrilling, exciting, dramatic, humorous and romantic. My hat is off to the writers, to Brennan & Booth & Cast that every week they work extremely hard and long hours sometimes til 3:00 A.M. To bring us their very best. I just shake my head in disbelief that Bones, Ms. Deschanel & Mr Boreanaz have not won an Emmy……..I guess if your not news worthy or not in the headlines every day you are past over!!!!!!!!!!!!! .????????

12. B says:

I’m actually looking forward to this episode. I have a feeling season ten is going to be radically different

• John NYC says:

If everyone involved truly viewed this final episode as the series finale then next season easily would have the feel of a show reset I agree.

13. kmw says:

We will see how next season goes. While I have not been a fan of Nathan, the new show runners have been there awhile. I hope that they have good things for Booth and Brennan ( and their new little one or ones)

14. Bella says:

Groan

15. Sandy Zaugg says:

After reading many of the comments, I really wonder if viewers watch Bones for entertainment or if they think that this is a true story. Enjoy Bones for what it is – a really good tv show – like “I Love Lucy”.

• Wished this comment had a LIKE button :) Agreed.

• Jake says:

I’m sure everyone understands perfectly well that it is a TV series. The commenters are saying they are tired of ridiculous unbelievable villains, which is what Pelant was. If any criminal had as much power as that character did, he would be considered Bin Laden times a thousand, yet it was only Booth, Sweets, and the Jeffersonian staff tracking him. I’m willing to suspend some disbelief, but, c’mon – really?
      It seemed to be a contest for a while there as to which show had more ridiculous writing, Bones or Castle…….

16. mark rousseau says:

Is this the end fore the show? And are booth and back together?

17. Karen Love says:

I agree, the Pelant story line has been overdone!!!!! Move on and away from this dead and buried villain. We really don’t need or want him back in ANY form!

18. miriam says:

Oh please not him who k knows of the show and all the cast

19. miriam says:

Oh please not him who k knows of the show and all the castIm tired of that guy may he has a twin or friend that was behind the whole thing

20. I love how people who ‘don’t watch’ continue to comment. If you don’t watch, why do you care?

21. Maria says:

I loved the pelant storyline. Its one of my favs. He was brilliant enough to go toe to toe with Brennan brainwise. I do agree that they should NOT bring him back, BUT as others have said, its probably a copycat or something. He’s dead he’s not coming back. This is not a supernatural show that they can bring dead characters back to life. So don’t worry about pelant coming back and just enjoy the show as we have for 10 years!

22. Annette Saling says:

I have enjoyed bones and have withdrawals when it is not on. The actors work so well with each other, that you get wrapped up in to their life’s.

23. Valerie says:

So tired of Pelant. I know they enjoyed the actor who plays him, but all the fans hate him and are so tired of this storyline. I stopped watching for a while when he was the lead villain and I’d do it again. So over this same old song and dance. I don’t care whether it’s actually him or a copy cat. It’s too played out.

24. Toni C. P. says:

Please do not return to Pelant. I was so weary of Pelant. I feel positive that the writers will come up with an original story. And please no Pelant copy cat killer! Thank you.

25. Michelle says:

lol if they can bring Pelant back then dang nab it bring my sweets back! Sorry had to :P

26. Jo says:

I’m was tired of Pelant way before they finally killed him off. The story line was silly. I love Bones but they over did Pelant. I agree they do need new writers.
    I want to see Parker I miss him. If he’s busy on other projects OK but they could at least have Booth or Bones mention him. He’s Booth’s son, he was such a big part of Booth’s life now he is never mentioned. .

27. Christine says:

I have had enough of Pelant. I stopped watching the show during those episodes. Stop it already. Leave him dead and buried. Have you run out of story lines, that you need to bring this back?

28. kmw says:

I do not believe for a minute that Pelant is alive but I am interested to see who is copying him. Even when Bones had the younger Parker they barely had him on. It looked like they were re casting him, but for whatever reason they didn’t put him on air this season. Maybe we will get to see him next year. Also even with Booth and Brennan having another child, they will probably have their baby on first couple of episodes and not show much of him or her after that. Really Christine, when she is on takes up no more than 5 minutes of screen time. Bones issue this season wasn’t them having another child, it was Nathan pushing Booth and Brennan to the background in first half of season. Cannot wait till tomorrow !!!

29. P.W.L. says:

Overdone. Move on with better script.

30. Why have we never heard anything about Angela’s mother? The woman must have been quite a woman to marry Angela’s father. Now as far as the episode preview. If you are going to break up the team of characters. You might as well go ahead and end the show!!

31. Pat C. says:

hey, let me throw this idea out there and see who among my fellow Bones fans might agree—how about a joint episode featuring the cast of Scorpion joining Bones’ cast in an effort to find and (FINALLY) rid the world of Pelant?? Yeah, I know, 2 different networks, but still…wouldn’t it be fascinating to watch Dr. Brennan go head to head with Walter O’Brien et al?

32. Linda says:

I love this show, but if you bring Pelant or any cope cat of him back I will stop watching. I have seen every show, but if you can’t come up with something new good by.

33. Larry says:

Will we ever see the character Zach again? What happens now that Sweets is dead and Zach confessed to him that he did not kill that person, will he ever be written back into the story?

34. Lynn Cohen says:

So done with Pelant! Don’t bring back anything related to him or you will lose viewers. That storyline is over, done, finished (it was too long to begin with). Leave it alone and move on. Please don’t ruin what will probably be the last season of one of my favorite shows.

35. Lynne from Seattle says:

Enough is enough of Pelant…..there must be something more interesting than to keep bringing this character up over and over and over again! I love “Bones”, but lets move on with new characters and new crimes to solve.

36. Penny says:

I just want to cry that this may be the end of my favorite show. I watch all reruns daily. Love the case. They are awesome. Tears falling from my eyes.

37. Steve says:

I like Bones but I hated the Pelant story line.They dragged it out to much. Also hated seeing Sweets killed off.

38. 64Smack says:

I say Pelant had a sex change and plastic surgery to fix scars and he IS alive and was that woman, the girlfriend on the season finale. Leelah?? The one who tazed Aubrey on the train. That’s my guess anyway.