General Hospital: Jonathan Jackson to Return for Luke's Farewell

General Hospital Jonathan Jackson

Father’s Day just came a little early for General Hospital‘s Luke.

Jonathan Jackson will reprise his role of Luke’s son, Lucky, on the ABC soap, EW.com reports.

Jackson, who now stars on ABC’s Nashville, will return as part of Luke’s — and portrayer Anthony Geary’s — exit this summer.

The Originals‘ Nathan Parsons, who in the past played Ethan, Luke’s other son, also will come back to Port Charles for the event.

In May, Geary announced his plan to retire from the sudser this summer; the series has announced that GH alumnae Genie Francis and Emma Samms — who played Luke’s loves Laura and Holly, respectively — also will return prior to Geary’s departure.

Jackson originated the role of Luke and Laura’s son Lucky in 1993, left the show in 1999, then returned a decade later for a two-year stint before nabbing the part of Nashville‘s Avery.

Parsons, whose Ethan is Luke’s kid with Holly, joined GH in 2009 and left in 2012, returning briefly the following year.

1. wrstlgirl says:

YIPPEE!!!! Not all that surprising yet great to have confirmation. They are giving Geary a great send off and it’s well deserved. Can’t wait to see Genie Francis on June 5th.

2. BrightLight says:

Luke and Ethan!! Can’t wait to see them both again. I’ve missed them both.

• BrightLight says:

And of course I can’t wait to see Luke and Cowboy together again.

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m hearing that the family will have one last “adventure” like in the old days. I hope this is true. I miss the Spencer family fun. I remember way back when it was just Luke, Laura and Cowboy, LOL!!!!

• Super Chic says:

I was so excited about JJ I didn’t mention Parsons, whom I grew to really enjoy as Ethan. Hope they don’t kill Luke off but that he rides into the sunset with his sons. However since it is rumored that Genie Francis is returning, I have a feeling that a death is in the works.

• wrstlgirl says:

Genie IS returning. She shows up this Friday. So she’s not coming back for a funeral, at least not yet. I don’t get the feeling they will kill him off.

• Super Chic says:

Okay, good to know. I am about 15 episodes behind. Will have to marathon them all this week just o catch up. Thanks for the heads up!

• wrstlgirl says:

Well off you’re like me you can marathon them pretty quick. I tend to ff thru a lot of it :-)

3. Super Chic says:

YES! YES! YES! Finally, JJ is returning to his roots. Hope we get a few Liz/Lucky scenes. Will miss the TG/Luke but at least I am getting what I am wishing for.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

GH fans will be very sad to see Anthony Geary ending his 30-plus years as Luke Spencer on the ABC soap this Summer.

5. I love how Ethan was an afterthought in the article LOL they should just fix to where he’s a Scorpio and let er go.

6. Beckers0505 says:

Haven’t watched this show in years but when I did I loved Lucky!!!!

7. Jonathan Jackson’s one of the best in the biz. Love him & Lucky. Nathan was great as well…cant wait to see the sendoff play out.

8. Raevin68 says:

It’s also been confirmed that Ethan’s mom, Holly (Emma Samms) is also coming back. Would love it if they could somehow get Tristan Rogers back too!

9. Rowan77 says:

I watched this show as a kid and then again with the return of Luke and Laura and the addition of Lucky. I stopped watching a long time ago, but I’d tune in again to give a final farewell to the Luke Spencer saga. I never liked anyone else as Lucky so I’m glad Jackson’s coming back for a short stint.

• herman1959 says:

Ditto; I stopped watching when the storyline involved them on an island and the weather was controlled by some baddie(!). But, I will watch to see Luke off. I guess Tony doesn’t want to end up like the actress that played Jessie forever.

10. bj says:

Great news. Let’s just hope that they give them a well written story line.

11. Tom Hunter says:

No doubt that this a show of respect from these two men towards Tony Geary. Very nice that it could be worked out for them to return for Luke’s last big storyline.

12. Melanie says:

Does this mean Luke is dying?

13. HeatherC says:

I haven’t watched GH in years but I might have to tune in this summer to see JJ (I’ve loved Jonathan since he first debuted on GH) and to see how they send Luke off later this year. =)

14. Doris Anderson says:

Luke was always one of my favorite people on gh I was sorry to see him go and I know that the reunion will be good i pray that he will be happy with what ever do I am going to miss him

15. Jules says:

!!!!!!!

16. aph1976 says:

This is not surprising news to me because i had a feeling that both Jonathan Jackson and Nathan Parsons would return to play a part in Anthony Geary’s exit.Plus now they can do flashbacks of Luke with Lucky and Ethan.

• hud says:

GH was top notch from1980-2005. After that the children took over. Recorded it on my vcr watched every night. If I see it now all it does is make me miss the good old day’s.

17. C. Manock says:

Yea! Love JJ and Nathan!

18. Ray Schichtel says:

Tristan Rogers/ Robert Scorpio MUST return for Luke’s send off!!

19. Susanne Khedoo says:

lLove Lucky and Ethan great actors.I watch Jonathan Jackson on Nashville great show also.

20. tori says:

Can’t stand that they created another son for Luke this one with Emma Samms,should of been Roberts son. Lucky to me is Lukes only son. I love seeing Nikolas and Lucky with Luke,that’s how it should be.

21. Karuna Chani says:

Hi there it’s me, I am also visiting this site daily, this
    site is really pleasant and the people are in fact sharing nice thoughts.