Caitlyn Jenner E! Docu-Series I Am Cait: Watch the First Promo

I Am Cait Caitlyn Jenner Series

Just days after Caitlyn Jenner introduced herself to the world on the cover of Vanity Fair, E! has released the official title — and the first promo — from its upcoming eight-part series, which will document the star’s new life as a transgender woman.

Titled I Am Cait, the docu-series — which premieres Sunday, July 26 at 9/8c — purports to tell Caitlyn’s “intimate story” as she seeks out her “new normal.”

Press PLAY below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Do you plan to watch I Am Cait?

1. KN says:

Very excite about this. Groundbreaking, at least for E!

2. Meh says:

Say what you will about the Kardashians and the fame hungry nature of celebrity in general, but this show, Caitlyn embracing herself and showing the world who she really is, it’s truly a big deal for those dealing with gender identity issues and for society as a whole. Often times, people make the mistake of thinking, if this is something I cannot personally identify with then it must be wrong. I urge those who find themselves confusing their own comfort with their gender identity as the litmus test for all to take a step back and try to understand your personal happiness has no bearing on how another person feels about themselves.

• Anna says:

Truth! I am so glad that someone from this family will be inspiring, educating, and helping their viewers for once. Thanks to Caitlyn for opening up her life so that people can learn something for a change!

3. Caitlin’s courage will inspire many to take necessary steps to share their real selves –whatever that may be–with the world. I’m glad Cait stepped up!

• tvjunkie says:

You mean a family that will do anything and I mean anything for another 15 minutes?

• S. says:

Given the comment you’re responding to, what you said isn’t so much anti-Kardashian as it is transphobic. She didn’t change genders for fame–nobody does that and no they don’t do it to spend time in the opposite sex’s bathrooms. She also seems to resent being Kris Jenner’s pawn. That doesn’t mean she (Caitlyn) doesn’t want attention for being herself, esp. her true self. Wouldn’t you be joyful about being who you really are publicly for the first time? If you felt free and safe (which many transgendered people don’t get to feel)? I get why she wants to share it. It’s not like she could avoid attention either. If an Olympic athlete like Bruce Jenner becomes Caitlyn Jenner there’s gonna be attention paid to it. She’s gonna be getting hounded by tabloids anyway because it will get out given the way she was already spending time with fellow celebrities pre-Keeping Up With The Kardashians. This way she knows she controls the story. Who says you gotta do it for free? Back in the day then-Bruce knew how to use the press to get attention post-Olympics. ‘He’ was apparently particularly savvy. It’s not all about Kris and Co. telling him what to do. You’re the one bringing the Kardashians into Caitlyn’s motivations.

4. NT says:

I will be watching.

5. Ame says:

I am really looking forward to this. I only watched the Kardashians for the Bruce related specials and they were fantastically done. I am over Kris making this about her. It’s time for Caitlyn to shine. Awesome.

6. Julia says:

She is really beautiful and I’m excited to watch her in this docuseries. This has to be making a positive impact along with Laverne Cox, Transparent, etc.

7. Amber says:

There is such a difference in her personality from Bruce. She just seems so happy. That’s what makes me so accepting and so excited about all this coming out. I’m so glad Cait is living her truth and her best life.

8. Ellinas78 says:

Of course they would cheapen such a great story with a reality show. Not surprised.

• JP says:

Unfortunately, all too true.

• Or maybe they want to educate/ inspire people with her story

• Ellinas78 says:

With an E channel reality show? Don’t think so.

• Anna says:

Oh, E is definitely in it for the money/ratings, but the fact is there is so much transphobia in the world because people don’t understand/aren’t exposed to trans people. If this show helps a few people open up their minds and learn a little empathy, then hopefully we will see a little less hatred and ignorance directed at an incredible vulnerable population.

• Mary says:

I might agree with you if they had just stuck with the Diane Sawyer interview and maybe did a follow up. However, selling yourself to do a reality show on E I tend to think she is a fame whore like the Kardashians. I know I won’t be watching because personally I think she has received enough coverage. Sorry I don’t believe her story will actually show the true picture of what a transgender goes through that don’t have the fame and fortune.

• ninamags says:

Exactly, Mary. Not many transgender people are millionaires. Not many transgender people can afford the hundreds of thousands of dollars for the plastic surgeries. Not many transgender people have racks of designer clothing and the best make-up artists and one of the best photographers in the world to take pictures of them.

This whole thing is a craven money-grab by that disgusting family.

• jude says:

A friend has a brother working at one of our state prisons. He told us recently that some prisoners are petitioning to have reassignment surgeries done. No….I will not be paying for such insanity for someone who has been sent away for crimes against others.

9. Jared says:

I can’t get over how beautiful Caitlyn looks in this promo. I’m not a huge fan of E! But really can’t wait to watch this.

10. Carolyn Erickson Scalise says:

Caitlyn was right when she told Diane Sawyer that with all those years of Kardashian reality TV, She was and IS the real story. This is an important story that I will continue to watch as she shares the beautiful person she is!

11. Chloe says:

while watching the clip, the only thing more obvious than her stunning beauty is her HAPPINESS. its contagious any inspiring. Go Cait!

12. Alix Kendall says:

You’re breaking transgender ground here. Stop getting ideas for anything female from beauty pageants, and–if you’re going take a lot of pictures–less demure shots, and more from behind the driver’s seat.

13. luke says:

what nonsense…

14. angeline says:

What a circus this had became. That fame hungry family im getting tired of

15. murley says:

How lovely! I am not a reality television person at all but I would be tempted to check this out. Seeing someone who finally gets to be who they really are and the sense of joy and unburdening it seems to bring is so refreshing. I hope the whole series feel as honest and personal as this clip.

16. D says:

I don’t think she is the new normal, I think every person has their own normal. We are all unique and have our own issues to deal with. I believe everyone should be happy and whatever that takes is up to you and no one needs to judge it! However, tax payers shouldn’t have to pay for it. I know Caitlyn has money and paid all on her own, but we should be careful I saying “the new normal” because Medicaid does not need to begin to allow persons to have these type of procedures on the tax payers dime! People need to pay for these type of surgeries with their own money or private health insurance.

• Jana says:

Oh, shut up. All transgender people, even the “dreaded” poor ones, deserve comprehensive healthcare coverage. And yes, hormone treatments and gender corrective surgeries ARE an integral part of trans healthcare.

• betsy says:

PREACH, jana.

• D says:

No we need to focus on people with cancer, autoimmune diseases and other concerns, if taxpayers are paying for it! While I do believe having those feelings of your should bring another gender one does not choose, the choice to take it to another level besides dressing that way or wearing makeup or growing your hair out is a choice. It’s like if you cosmetically do not like like your old car and want the new model – then go buy it but taxpayers should not have to pay for it. I think Caitlyn is doing a very very brave and wonderful thing, but there are people who have paid into Medicaid all their lives and don’t qualify even when sick – we shouldn’t have to pay for someone wanting to have reassignment. They need to be billed for it just as the rest of us would.

17. Derision says:

I tried to care and gave up after five seconds of this nonsense money grab. Far more important things in the world to care about

• hud says:

My father was born in 1913 fought in WW2, prospered after the war, died in 1990.I consider him to be lucky. He did not have to live through this garbage that passes for reality today. Transgender, this explains the bearded lady, tennis players, so much more. Such a great time to be alive. RIGHT?

18. Jade says:

So wonderful to hear her happy and smile. GO CAITLIN!! I have full support as you are never to late to go for your dreams, caitlin you are so inspirational, go girl!

19. Sandra says:

Sandra Las Vegas say’s
    June 21st, 2015 8pm

Yes I intend to watch am Caitlyn, she is Beautiful, love her ” inspire her”, you go girl, and I would love to meet her .

20. Mel says:

Cant wait to watch!

21. ash bright says:

is there a link to watch?