Exclusive

Bones Sneak Peek: Who Needs a Hug?

With Booth and Brennan on the outs and breaking fans’ hearts on Bones, we could all use comforting. But perhaps no one is more in need of a warm embrace than the G-man himself, as seen in TVLine’s exclusive video from Thursday’s episode (Fox, 8/7c).

While Brennan’s busy with work, Booth plays Hug Monster with Christine as the two spend some quality daddy-daughter time together. The fun, however, quickly turns from sweet to sad as Christine begs her mom, “Can’t daddy stay? Please?” (Way to deliver a gut punch, little one!)

But go he must — to a meeting — after one seriously awkward hug goodbye with Brennan.

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Booth’s “determined” efforts to make good. (He even got his wife and baby coconut ice cream!)

1. Olie says:

Aww, that’s super adorable! I’m glad to see Booth is “determined”, can’t wait to see them back “together” :-)

2. a says:

awe…..hug monster – that was so cute. SO CUTE.

3. Maggie says:

Determined…ugh, you crazy kids, I can’t wait to see you work it out. Viva la B/B!

4. smartysenior says:

I certain if he shaved he’d get further with Brennan. She doesn’t want a scratchy stubble kiss anymore than most women. What the heck is going on with Booth’s grooming!

• anon says:

Probably to reflect his life in turmoil & his state of mind…Booth is usually clean shaven in prior seasons so it must be done for a reason this season, right? :)

• Pat says:

This has really bothered me with how they continue to keep him looking scruffy and his attire just seems to look messy. Believe me, if you worked for the FBI they would want their agents to look neat and clean shavened. Unless you are working undercover which he is not, nor is he on a leave of absence so they need to stop having his character look this way. The Bureau would not tolerate this.

• a says:

Well, in this clip Booth is off duty, he can look how he wants, right? … also this is Bones’ version of the FBI, the one that didnt make Booth get any mandatory therapy when he returned from jail & off work for months after a huge crisis….even though in prior seasons when he had a crisis they appointed Gordon Gordon & Sweets to make sure he was menatally ready to do his job….the FBI really really let Booth down this season, maybe he is rebelling a bit ;)

• Maria says:

Hmmm…I beg to differ. My husband has to be clean-shaven for work Monday thru Friday, but on the weekends he grows a little “scruff” because I actually like it. Don’t mind kissing him at all. I think it kinda works for Booth, too. Especially under the circumstances.

• JoClare says:

leave Booth alone

• Carol says:

I totally agree. If he shaved he would look younger.

5. kmw says:

I do not mind him being scruffy and yes in the real world he would be clean shaven but this is television. As for the scene very cute and a good sign especially for Booth. It is also good that there is awkwardness but you can tell she knows he is making progress. Cannot wait

6. Nancy says:

Cute father/daughter time. The waters are definitely warming. I thought the answer to Christine’s question was the only awkward pause. The hug was nice.
    Booth referred to the baby as ‘little guy’. I’m wondering if we learn the gender of the baby? Is it a boy? Has that been confirmed anywhere?

7. B says:

Bones is still going strong going into it’s 11th season! I’ve watched Castle and it didn’t do it for me don’t know why people claim that show is better than Bones!

8. genetta says:

Did they find out the sex of the baby?

• brandi says:

Didnt you see that other post, it said we find out Angela’s real name and bones second child gender.

• kmw says:

I would like to know where they confirmed that would happen on this episode. I do know Angela’s real name will be revealed. Booth has been calling it tiger and little guy but no one ever actually confirmed that

9. brandi says:

I’m so glad booth is making progress and getting time with Christine. You can see in this clip that bones is seeing it too. I hope this means by the end of the episode she is more understanding towards him and things are far less akward than that hug and kiss.

10. julia m csizmadia says:

I am glad bones is renewed for number 11. Just goes to show they know what they are doing

11. dinorightmarie says:

“Awkward hug”?! That was an iceburg hugging a hug-monster!!

Brennan loves Booth. Hope we see some heart and love from Bones. Otherwise, Booth is going to be exiled, like he was with his son’s mother………. :(

• C says:

Just remember Bones has major trust issues — justifiably so. After her parents disappeared she had no one just one foster home after another. Booth a least had his grandfather. Booth violated her trust and put her and Christine in danger. She’s not going to easily forgive that. Bones leads with her head not her heart so it’s going to be a hard slog to get back in her good graces.