The Bachelorette Recap: Too Many Snakes in the Grass

The Bachelorette Week 3

Say what you will about the producers and editors of The Bachelorette, but they know how to create an interesting narrative.

Monday’s episode of the ABC reality series began with an overly aggressive contestant, Kupah, getting sent home early by Kaitlyn.

And, two hours later, Kaitlyn was on the verge of sending another guy home early — but for a very different reason. (The short version: He’s actually more interested in one of his fellow contestants than he is the gorgeous woman in front of him.)

In case you didn’t see the two-hour broadcast full of dramatic close-ups and sage wisdom from professional healer Tony (or even if you did), we’ve compiled the highlights from Monday’s installment into a handy photo gallery, which can be viewed directly here.

Among the most buzzworthy moments: The guys strut their stuff in traditional sumo-wrestling costumes, at least one contestant gets very confused about the female anatomy and another of Kaitlyn’s suitors decides The Bachelorette isn’t the way he wants to find love.

Click through the gallery below to see the highlights from Week 3, then hit the comments with your own thoughts on the episode!

1. Timmah says:

I knew it would be an interesting season with Kaitlyn at the helm, and it hasn’t been disappointing.

2. LadyG says:

Really silly group dates so far. Boxing, sumo wrestling, sex ed to kids (even thought they are actors, they’re still kids)…just wrong. And the guys…I’m not sure about any of them. And next week…Nick comes back. I don’t know about that either.

• Lauren says:

Yes! I wasn’t sure why that sex ed class was such a good prank. Child actors are still children and those guys were talking about some weird stuff. It made me uncomfortable.

• lauri5567 says:

I sorta want the parents who agreed to it looked into. Who would let their child talk about sex with people from the Bachelorette?

• Timmah says:

Better to find out about sex in this setting than from some creepy uncle. Besides, they’ve probably all had sex education in their own schools. Child actors are generally older than they look.

3. Nancy says:

What has happen to the Bachelorette show..what trash last night..I always thought Chris Harris was a class act..not any longer…who’s stupid idea was it to have men that were strangers to these children give a sex education Class to them..something is wrong here this needs to be looked into….the show use to be good…I guess you think if you trash it up you will get more viewers..stupid decision you be off the air like all the shows that turn to trash…very sad..I’m done with it…

• Timmah says:

The show’s premise has been complete garbage from the beginning. Just go with it, it’s hilarious.

• Juanita Gardner says:

I’m done with it. It has turned trashy. What is wrong with the parents of the kids? Maybe they weren’t told the whole truth? I’m not watching it any more.

• kevstar says:

Funny that you though Chris Harris(on) was a class act anf this show was anything but trash. You’re about 10 years too late. Were you in a coma?

4. Gerri says:

I thought this was a great episode. Everything with the Sumo was great. It got Tony go which is awesome. however if it was that much exposure in the diapers you’d think they would allow the guys to wear some boxers underneath to contain things.
    The escape room was pretty good.
    A few guys stepped up their games.
    I am not sure about the Clint stuff and how much was editing, but I was surprised he was so vocal about not wanting Kaitlin but wanting a rose to stay in the game. I am sure other guys have done the same thing, he just admitted it. But his excuse was for a man crush. That has to be a first. Funny how none of the confessionals had JJ saying anything about reciprocating Clint’s feelings. It is too bad the jig is up. I would like to have seen that play out for another week.

• Gerri says:

Oh and the sex Ed stuff was hilarious. The kids were coached what to say and how to act. The kids were prepared for it. I was surprised there was no reveal of the joke though. I wonder if that is still to air.