The TVLine Staff's DVR Confessions! What's (Still) Sitting on Your Playlist?

DVR Confessions Outlander Hannibal

May sweeps is long gone. Summer is around the corner. Thus, the time is now to finally tackle your stockpile of unwatched DVR recordings!

But will you?

Be honest. Those seven episodes of The Americans sure look impressive when a houseguest spies them on your playlist. But they aren’t going to watch themselves, are they? And while your loyalty to Modern Family is quite admirable, do you really see yourself ever being done with those many DVR’d Dunphys?

And that full season of The Following? Which isn’t even returning? C’mon.

Rest assured, the TVLine staff knows of your dilemma firsthand. So to break this awkward silence and get the confessional started, we’ve owned up to (some of) our own stockpiling — explaining why we’ve allowed certain shows to cripple our DVRs’ capacity, and sharing the outlook for ever polishing ’em off.

Check out what we’ve been hoarding, then share your own confessions.

1. John NYC says:

Hah, just was thinking about this on the morning commute: just WHEN does the unseen eps build to the point of no return and I might as well free up the space?

I’ve three: Person of Interest, Revenge and Nashville that are way overdue. Full seasons and more.

• Andrea says:

John NYC, you’re similar to me. After being 6-7 episodes behind in each, I gave up both Revenge and Person of Interest. The oldest episodes that were on my DVR but I actually finished the season belonged to HTGAWM. The series with the most number of episodes that I still have but plan to finish is Scandal.

• A.M says:

This is an amazing topic, I always wondered if I was the only one who bit off more than they could chew with these shows.
      Castle season 7- only watched two episodes, can’t be bothered to continue at this point.
      The Good Wife – 11 or so episodes, hoping to catch up at some point
      The Mindy Project – Almost a full season, might end u just deleting it
      Sons of Anarchy final season- recently watched & deleted *super proud*
      The Mentalist final season – Hoping to get into it someday
      Hart or Dixie – The last 6 episodes, not too sure I will watch but I’m hoping to
      TVD – 9 or so episodes: highly doubt I will watch them
      Scandal – last two episodes, I don’t think I’ll watch them
      Greys – only watched the first couple of episodes..
      American Horror Story- 5 episodes to go
      Scorpion – Full season still to be watched
      Empire – Only watched the first two epi (might be the only one with this one)

• c-mo says:

With all of the buzz about Empire, I caught the premiere as a same week rebroadcast. Well, after having to rewind multiple times, because I kept getting distracted by lint or something else equally as exciting, before I even finished the show, I decided it wasn’t the show for me so I cancelled the season pass and let go of my guilt at not being able to keep up with the cool kids. So, AM, you’re not the only one that couldn’t make it through Empire, but you did make it farther than me.

• Kim says:

I say if you have more than 3 episodes hanging out unwatched you are longer interested enough to start watching again. So if I have let 3 episodes go by without watching I just delete and cancel the series record. I figure if I really need to watch them later in life I can do a full series binge through Netflix streaming or DVDs.

2. Drew says:

During season 1 of Hannibal, I stopped watching and said that I would just binge watch the show when it hit Netflix… And I probably will… If it is ever on Netflix.
    I just reached the first episode of Outlander that made me question the adaptation to TV (the return to Lallybroch) but overall, the season has been really solid so far. Definitely worth watching.

3. HeatherC says:

I don’t have a DVR but I’m way behind on The Blacklist and Nashville. Hoping to catch up on both this summer in addition to finally starting Game of Thrones!! =)

• Drew says:

It is better to binge watch Game of Thrones in my opinion. I usually get annoyed with each season somewhere around episode 7, and waiting weeks in between episodes would probably just make me stop watching. :)

• HeatherC says:

Thanks for the advice! That’s how I’ll end up watching it this summer. Thankfully a friend of mine has all the DVDs (that are out) so I can watch at my own pace! =)

• Toni says:

Nashville is a very summery show to me. I love it – but if you have it to binge, binge it. It’s good, soapy fun!

4. Eric7740 says:

This past Memorial Day weekend, I caught up on the second half of this season (11 episodes) of the Vampire Diaries and I’ll admit I enjoyed most of it. Next up, the second half (10 episodes) of Jane the Virgin, then hopefully after that I’ll get to binge watch Empire on Hulu before season 2 starts in September.

5. Erin says:

My poor DVR has the final 3 season 1 eps of Sleepy plus all seaon2. And honestly, probably just wont watch it. Pretty darn proud that it’s the only thing left on there now since sweeps is over.

• MelindaB says:

Watch the season one eps! Feel free to skip season 2, or just skim them for the few gems inside. Just be prepared to be sick of Katrina.

6. Sara says:

I haven’t watched Suits, Switched at Birth, Blacklist & Person of Interest all year. I initially kept them for the summer but I also have other shows then, so I think I watched the last of them

7. Rachel says:

I’m getting caught up on the originals as we speak. I had 9 on my dvr. I also have 21 eps of person of interest. I can’t seem to muster enough care to watch them but I don’t have the courage to delete them.

8. Montie says:

I currently have half a season of Sleepy Hollow, Bates Motel and Gotham to catch up on but I will do that this summer. I also have 40+ episodes of Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson to watch.

9. Community
    Olympus
    Salem
    Wayward Pines
    Whose Line Is It Anyway?
    Star Wars Rebels
    Ultimate Spider-Man

To be seen alongside these other shows during the summer.

Girl Meets World
    Falling Skies
    Killjoys
    Sense8
    Suits
    The Strain
    The Whispers

This week I’m watching the last five episodes of 12 Monkeys, Helix, Justified, Pretty Little Liars, and Glee.

10. Coal says:

Funny enough the entire season 3 of The Americans, the last four episodes of The Walking Dead season 5 about six episodes of Being Mary Jane Season 2, four episodes of Outlander and five episodes of Blackish.

11. Lauren says:

Nashville. I never got back to it after the winter finale. I was thrilled Avery and Juliette got married but I wasn’t really looking forward to the Rayna breakup fallout and Teddy was just getting annoying. Actually, the announcement that Teddy’s character won’t be a series regularly next season may have encouraged me to finally catch up.

12. Helvetica says:

I understand Kim completely – I love “The Americans” but it took me two weeks to watch the last three episodes. You need a certain kind of mood to watch it and really commit and then when you’re in it, you’re in.
    But this is also how I stopped watching Masters of Sex – it just kept piling up and did not manage to pull me back in.

13. Jennifer says:

I’ve the entire seasons of The Blacklist, The 100, Agent Carter, Dig and Sleepy Hollow, not to mention half seasons of Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. & Person of Interest as well as the last 5 of NCIS: NO. I’ve also got specials there -The Dovekeepers, Sons of Liberty (really, how could I not with Dean Norris as Ben Franklin), and Texas Rising. Have no idea how I’m going to get it done. I’m reasonably sure I’ll finish the Blacklist. Just not sure of the others. I was hoping one (or more) would get cancelled – which would make the decision easy – but no. They all stayed.

Help. Anyone give insight on if I should do any of these (esp. Dig & The Dovekeepers)

• Aly says:

I’d recommend watching both Marvel shows and maybe The 100 (that one’s better binge watched anyway). I’m losing more and more interest in The Blacklist personally, I wasn’t blown away by Season 2.

• Jennifer says:

Thanks. I like Shield, just haven’t had the time. I’ll give the Blacklist a couple of episodes and if it doesn’t catch me … meh … I’ll let it go.

I really want to like POI, but this last season with Samaritan … why? Just not good. I think that’s why they’re still on my DVR.

• Katherine215 says:

Seconded on the Marvel shows and The 100. I still have to watch the last 8 of The 100, but that show needs the right mood. Agent Carter especially is really good. I deleted the last 6 of Sleepy Hollow – after the mess of most of season 2 and the news Irving was not returning for season 3, I just decided I’m done. Feeling pretty close to done with The Blacklist too – not sure how they’ll go forward after the finale and I’m still annoyed about the lack of answers.

• Denise says:

Agent Carter was fabulous! So glad it got renewed. Watch immediately.

• John NYC says:

Agreed, and as it’s a shorter group by design it’s a lot less daunting than staring at #1 out of 63 or something…..

• Mary Ann says:

I agree with Blacklist. I dropped that halfway through the season.

• Lisa says:

I have limited time anymore, due to my work schedule. Already, I work overnights, so I usually need to DVR everything and watch it in the morning, but I also travel and don’t always have time until I get home. So, more of my favs actually got DVR’d this year than usual. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was one of the first ones I watched, and well worth it. NCIS: NO is still on my DVR. Because it’s new, I really need the time to sit down and see if it’s worth watching. Of course, NCIS and NCIS: LA are among my favorite shows, so I can’t see why it wouldn’t be, but I need time to digest. I’ve also had to DVR Criminal Minds, Dancing with the Stars, and Big Bang Theory. TBBT I have watched while I’m up reading work emails and such, but it takes more of my concentration to watch Criminal Minds. Unfortunately, this year I ended up deleting DWTS and all the episodes of CM from my DVR. Of course, I’ll see CM soon on A&E, so that’s why I did it. I figured I will still be able to see them.

Of course, it should be noted that Forever as well as AOS were among the first ones I watched when I returned home. Followed by NCIS (& LA) & CSI. Once Upon a Time, Castle & Scorpion, I ALWAYS watched live (days off). Forever, I watched live whenever possible. It KILLS me that Forever got cancelled, especially since I put it so high on my must watch list.

• Perfect says:

Ditch Dig. I thought it was boring. Watched 2 eps and cut it loose.

14. BH says:

Let’s see, I’m a good 9 episodes behind on New Girl, black-ish and Fresh Off the Boat. I’ve seen the premieres for Girls, Togetherness, The Knick, Manhattan, Fortitude, Powers, Broadchurch, American Crime, Girlfriends’ Guide to Divorce, Suits, Hindsight, Manhattan and Grace & Frankie but that’s it. Plus, the last three episodes of Daredevil. I’m hopeful of getting to all of them. But I’m not sure if I’ll be able to.

15. Ally_D says:

This is coincidentally very timely because I just had a clear out of shows this weekend.
    Shows I dumped were:
    – Mysteries of Laura: I only used to record it to have on in the background when doing housework or catching up on paperwork but realistically I was never that bothered about it
    – Madam Secretary: we never came back after the mid-season break. My husband and I kept looking at it and saying ‘not in the mood’ and neither of us was motivated to get back into it
    – Secrets & Lies: saw the Australian version and was only mildly impressed. By all accounts the Ryan Gosling one wasn’t an improvement so adios
    – Girlfriend’s Guide to Divorce: couldn’t remember why I recorded it in the first place!
    Shows I binged:
    – Brooklyn Nine Nine: I really enjoy this show and the episodes are quite short so whenever I get to the end I don’t want it to be over. Watching it 6 episodes at a time gets round this problem!
    – Shameless: I’m a recent convert so I had the whole 5 seasons to watch. It took me about 6 weeks but it was worth it
    Shows that stacked up, I finally watched but probably will just stack up next season and end up deleting:
    – Scandal: I’m going to have to make a block booking with my optometrist to get my eyes checked in case all the rolling is damaging them! Honestly I’m thisclose to dropping it altogether
    – Greys Anatomy: it isn’t compelling anymore, hasn’t been for some time and always gets shuffled down the pecking order in favor of other things. McDreamy’s death didn’t bother me and I carried on watching to the end but I think it’s just run its course
    – True Detective: slow, slow, slow, slow, slow. OMG. If this season doesn’t pick it up then I’m out
    Shows left to watch:
    – The Royals: I’ve heard it’s soapy and delicious so good summer fare
    – Night Shift: I heard about this show late and the only reason I’m tuning in is Luke MacFarlane. It’s better than I thought it would be though and is a mindless 40 minutes, which I sometimes want if I’ve watched a lot of thought-provoking or bloody or psychological shows
    – Galavant: love me a musical comedy!
    – Orange is the New Black (ok, not on DVR but in Netflix watchlist): I don’t know why I don’t watch this because my husband does. Got to get on it because season 3 bows soon

• Andrea says:

Thanks, Ally D. You just convinced me to not bother with Madame Secretary. I never started it. In return, I highly suggest The Night Shift for summer viewing. Actually, I wish the series would go back to summer. It’s got the vibe for it.

I love this topic. I think it should become an annual topic at TVLine once May Sweeps has concluded.

• John NYC says:

Yes. Spring cleaning for our DVRs!

• Sarah says:

I absolutely agree! Fun topic and glad to know I’m not the only one who ends up banking a lot of shows and then trying to decide what to do with them.

• MC says:

Madam Secretary is a good show for political science majors and those interested in policy discussions. It’s rather dry to the casual viewer, but I enjoy watching it occasionally. I’ll probably binge the episodes that I missed. I also like Tea Leoni and Keith Carradine. I’m something of a government policy wonk. The show is up my alley, but I understand that many will be bored by it.

• HeatherC says:

I recommend Night Shift as well! That show is wonderful and has a great vibe for summer binge viewing. I also agree that they should move it back to summer even though it means I won’t get to see it again until next year. =)

• c-mo says:

I highly recommend The Royals, it was fantastic, definitely a guilty pleasure…as are most E! shows

16. CJ says:

Nashville. I just couldn’t get back into it after the winter hiatus, and finally deleted them all last week. It felt like a chore to keep up with them, so I figured that’s a good enough reason to lose the show from my viewing schedule. There are just too many good shows to watch right now without wasting time on ones that I don’t love.

17. dman6015 says:

I’m still working on Season 3 of GoT. Pathetic. I give up.

18. dude says:

I don’t have anything building up on my DVR but I haven’t yet watched Transparent, Hannibal or Person of Interest and I’d like to. I may also give Daredevil a try this summer.

19. Lerbert says:

Its the last four episodes of The Americans for us as well. A extra grim (if excellent) season of a very grim show. We also have the last three of Empire since we thought it would be fun to save and parcel out during the summer. Of course, this is the line of thinkng that turns these DVR queues into an impossible situation.

• BrittBrat says:

I have 4 episodes of the Americans left too. I just haven’t liked this season as much as the other ones. I also didn’t go back and finish The Returned, Outlander, and Game of Thrones. I also have shows that I said I wanted to start, but I haven’t yet (Bloodline, Daredevil). I also didn’t start the last season of Downton Abbey or House of Cards. So many things piling up, but I don’t know if I’m interested enough in watching them.

20. AnnieM says:

I have nearly all of the just-finished season of Big Bang Theory to watch this summer; I know I’ll go through those, as I did the same thing last summer. Also the Odd Couple remake only because I love Matthew Perry; but 2 eps in, I’m not sure if I’ll finish. I was such a big fan of the original as a kid, so I can’t help but compare, and this new version isn’t *terrible*, but just kind of ‘meh’. Can anyone tell me if it’s worth watching the rest of them?

• Jennifer says:

I was (am) a fan of the original, but I really enjoyed the new Odd Couple. It took about 4 episodes to get me really hooked, but I ended up enjoying them more than I thought. Hope this helps.

• SG says:

I gave up on the Odd Couple after two episodes – is it really worth another shot? I wanted to like it but it just seemed tired and obvious. WAY too many jokes about wives being a pain. I’m really hoping to find some good comedies to binge watch this summer.

• AnnieM says:

Okay, I will forge ahead with it. Thanks! :-)

• MC says:

The laugh track on the new Odd Couple is atrocious, but maybe you have a high tolerance for that type of thing. I only watch a handful of comedies these days and the majority of those are in syndication (TBBT, Modern Family, etc). Generally speaking, comedies were better back in the day whereas dramas are better now.

• AnnieM says:

Well, I grew up in the age of canned laughter sitcoms, so I don’t have much trouble ignoring it. I completely agree with you about dramas vs comedies right now, too. :-)

21. Meg says:

I have a bunch of movies that I recorded and took out of my Netflix queue, but no TV shows. I hate getting behind on my DVR. I let Battle Creek and American Crime pile up because I wasn’t sure if I wanted to watch them, but was caught up by the time their finales aired. I can’t stand having a backlog, though. Drives me crazy.

22. monkles says:

Between vacation and now getting home until 9 every night I still have a stockpile of episodes from Revenge, Nashville, Person of Interest, Orphan Black, Lost Girl, Hawaii 5-0, Bitten, and a few episodes of Switched at Birth, Legends, and Castle. This past weekend I binge watched The Night Shift and last weekend I watched twelve episodes of The Voice in four hours by fast forwarding through the filler. I deleted the Following since its cancelled and we have season 2 of Hannibal on DVD from Netflix to watch.

• Andrea says:

If we’re also including DVDs, I’m in the middle of Season 8 of Bones (terribly behind I know) If we’re talking single episodes or handfuls of episodes left to watch, that applies to Forever (1), Battle Creek (1), The Good Wife (1) H50 (3), and CSI: Cyber (roughly 5) left for me.

• Lizo says:

Oh man, I forgot I have an entire season of Lost Girl saved up too

23. Katherine215 says:

I had all 10 episodes of The Librarians stacked up because I wanted to watch the movies first, and I finished all that up this weekend. I was so proud of myself!! I still have the last 8 of The 100, but those require a certain mood, though I’ll definitely watch them. I deleted Sleepy Hollow’s remaining 6 after I learned Irving wasn’t returning and it looked like they were going the shipper route with Abbie and Ichabod. Also dumped the last 8 episodes of Grimm, which broke my heart, but I couldn’t take the baby daddy nonsense.
    I have 4 left of Reign, which I think is my project for this week. I haven’t started the new seasons of Bitten or Lost Girl, but at this point, I’m just going to start them after their seasons end.
    I’m really glad other people have the same problems keeping up!

• ninamags says:

I have the last 5 episodes of Reign as well. Need to watch them soon. I also have The Originals on my dvr. Ugh, that’s 10 hours of dvr space.

• brandi says:

I gave up on the Librarians and deleted those. I think I watched the first 3 and the rest sat for months until I just thought I wasn’t really excited about it and decided to delete them to make room for more stuff I wasn’t really excited about that I’ll probably delete later as well. It’s not that I didn’t think they were good, it’s just I couldn’t get in the mood to watch them.

• Brigid says:

Grimm and Sleepy Hollow both ended great!

• Katherine215 says:

Nah, I read the recaps and i don’t like where any of the storylines are going for either of them. Adalind is the worst.

24. I have not been able to motivate myself to watch B99, Gotham and Sleepy Hollow so far in 2015, and The BlackList since the Superbowl.

• Denise says:

I gave up on Gotham and deleted it. Blacklist is still sitting on my dvr.

• Kris says:

I stopped watching Gotham after the winter break, as it required a certain mood. Blacklist I tried but never really got into. I’m still behind on Empire and Agent Carter though..

• Perfect says:

Gotham is awful. Sleepy Hollow is still worth it, though.

• evababy says:

Skip to the last 4 episodes of Sleepy Hollow. If you are still running low on time, then just the last two. The last two are a MUST. The finale is amazing! Feels like it has re-energized the show going into S3. Actually the Season 1 pilot and the season 2 finale work fabulously as back-to-back episodes.

• Marissa says:

Thanks Eva! Sleepy Hollow was the one I was thinking about just giving up on, but was holding on since I heard the finale was great and set up next season nicely (once they starting piling up, I was waiting to see if it even got renewed, but even that news wasn’t motivating enough for me to start watching again. It just got so BORING there for awhile….) so maybe I will just skip straight to the last few episodes. :)

• Marissa says:

Same here as far as Sleepy Hollow & Gotham. Sometimes Gotham fails to hold my interest, but I also know I’m too curious as to how a few plotlines unfold to give up on it forever. Just gotta wait ’til I’m in the mood I guess! Definitely recommend catching up on B99.

25. anonymous says:

I just watched the series finale of Revenge last week and now the only recording I have left is the season finale of the Vampire Diaries :)

26. Winnie says:

What a fun feature! I’ve definitely been there. Modern Family and The Middle (shows that I always enjoy while watching, but sometimes cannot get motivated to watch it) have been there. I have deleted episodes of a show and ended up feeling bad. I like that this is a “problem” I can discuss with others, yet smile about.

• Kris says:

I have the same problem with those two shows, as well as blackish, but I’m mostly caught up. ABC has some really good Wednesday comedies, in my opinion.

• Katherine215 says:

It’s fun to see what everyone hangs on to and where people leave off with a particular show. Lots of similarities. Also amusing to see how people have a hard time letting shows go or feeling sad/guilty to let them go.

• Kris says:

That’s how I feel! It’s kind of nice just scrolling through the comments and seeing similarities.

• John NYC says:

I blame terabyte external hard drives: there’s no pressure like there used to be with limited space so it can come down to feeling like giving up…. lol

27. c says:

You guys at TVLine are getting a little too self-absorbed, seriously!

• Katherine215 says:

What’s so self-absorbed about a problem a lot of people obviously have? Is it a first world problem? Sure. But it’s hardly a big deal to commiserate about something foolish once in awhile.

• c says:

Oh please, are you seriously going to lecture me for being too serious, I’m on a TV news site for god’s sake! But that’s where the problem lies, this is a TV news site, not a personal blog. I can hardly understand why its writers need to tell what shows they’ve been DVRing.

• John NYC says:

Perhaps because the shows being DVR’d are TELEVISION shows?

So it promotes, evidently, a discussion about DVR’d Television Shows. Their merits and their lapses.

And until the SCOTUS releases some juicy opinions and/or the Stanley Cup finals begin: slow news interval…

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Sorry to run afoul of your expectations, “C,” but we saw many readers in the comments section of a recent 20-ish Questions column (which isn’t “TV news” per se, either) discussing their end-of-season DVR backlogs, so we thought it would be interesting to engage with the readership and invite people to elaborate on the subject — sparked by the staff’s own “confessions.”

There are many TV sites out there that do not give a whiff about what their readers are thinking/discussing; TVLine is not one of them.

• c says:

Well, to be honest, 20ish questions has been missing the mark a lot lately for me too. And the problem with that section lately is exactly what I think of this article. I can find interesting an open discussion topic in this site, but lately the questions are becoming less of that and more of a blog about the writers’ opinions.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Oh, OK.

• Marie says:

I happen to love this one today. It’s kind of cool to see what others stack up on the dvr. My friend and I have had a good laugh reading these because we thought we were bad with how many shows we had on ours.

• AnnieM says:

Matt, this was a great idea for an article! It makes for a fun discussion, and I think you guys should revisit the topic during the mid-winter break, as well.

• Katherine215 says:

Um, yeah. I’m lecturing you on being a stick in the mud, fun policing bore.

• c says:

Love the double standards on your entire line of thought – I should shut up my criticism but your cheap, unimaginable attack on me seems essential to you.

28. CMarie says:

I’m with Kim! I have 8 episodes of the Americans staring me in the face! Plus about 6 of my guilty pleasure Young & Hungry. Ah the contrast left in my DVR…

29. JC1 says:

I’ve actually cleared off quite a bit of my backlog since the season is over, but I’ve got a ways to go. I’ve got eight episodes of Elementary that I keep making excuses not to watch – same for the last five episodes of The Blacklist. Also have the last three episodes of AoS that I’ll probably watch today. And I have the entire second half of this season of Once Upon A Time (minus Darkness on the Edge of Town, which was the last episode I watched). And there’s Daredevil, which I know isn’t DVR, but is another thing I keep intending to watch but have only managed a couple of episodes so far.

30. laffers18 says:

I moved to a new City 3 months ago, and i’ve been behind on my shows ever since!

I’m only up to date on 5 (Arrow, Flash, AoS, TGW and B99). I’ve got epis of GOT, TWD, GA, Nashville, TVD, The Originals, Modern Family, The Following (and by episodes i mean 2 Seasons worth) and Bones (I watched the first 2, cried over Sweets, and haven’t been able to catch up). I’m sure i’ve missed some too (I may watch too much TV?). Plus, i’ve promised friends i’ll start watching SH, Hannibal and Supernatural so….

I’m determined to catch up on all of them, I just need more blumin’ hours in the day!

• laffers18 says:

I forgot the Blacklist! New i’d forgotten one. I have all of Season 2 to watch on that. I repeat, need more hours in the day! Or to win the lottery so i can quit work and watch TV all day. Whichever comes first.

31. brandi says:

I deleted the entire season of Battle Creek because it was canceled and I don’t want to get invested in a series that has been canceled. I am behind on NCIS, Hawaii 5.0, The Royals, and have half a season of the Goldberg’s on my DVR. I also have most of this seasons Bitten and Lost girl on there. I will watch them eventually but mostly if it isn’t 3 year old friendly it hangs out on there until I have some freedom to watch them with out said 3 year old. And that is hardly ever.

32. John says:

I still have the second half of OUAT to watch. I think I’ve lost interest in this show. I think I’ll watch them in the next few weeks hopefully.

33. murley says:

I finally just got through the backlog of Vampire Diaries. I have the season finale of Gotham to watch and I am far behind on the Originals and Supernatural that most of them deleted and I need to wait for summer reruns. Anyone who has let Brooklyn 99 pile up you should watch it! Consistently the funniest show on TV in my opinion.

34. Marco says:

Daredevil (High)
    Powers (High)
    Refugiados (High)
    Elementary (Medium)
    Endeavour (High)
    Agent Carter (High)
    Bosch (High)
    Suits (Medium)

35. Lizo says:

Full season of ‘Person of Interest’. No good reason why, I absolutely love the show. Also like 10 episodes of Shield.

36. Rita says:

I just deleted 9 episodes of Stalker.

37. makparis says:

I have a hard time letting things go. So shows that are ending, especially shows that I really enjoy, the last four or five episodes tend to sit on my DVR for awhile until I can build up the emotional capacity to handle the goodbye. At the moment those shows include: Enlisted, White Collar and Hart of Dixie. I will watch them, but until I do, I can fool myself just a little into believing they aren’t over.

38. Emor says:

So my backlog comes with an asterisk ‘*’ My DVR is actually clear, but to accomplish that I dub shows to a DVD recorder I have. So to REALLY go back, my backlog is Seasons 6/7/8 of Psych! (Those pineapples I bought are getting a bit smelly :-) And the last season of The Shield (The COP show, not marvel !!) My other backlog is a bunch of Netflix originals, but that doesn’t count since that’s their server space.

And to all you ‘POI’ backloggers, WATCH THEM, WATCH THEM!!!!!! It’s the most intelligent show on tv. It is ABSOLUTELY worth you time. (Yes, I understand it’s not the same show when you first started watching, but are you the same person you were four years ago?? So without spoiling anything I just want to say….Welcome To The Machine…

• MC says:

I would binge the last season of The Shield right away. Everything is resolved, one way or another. It’s highly dramatic and yet believable at the same time.

39. Karen says:

Just made it through the last 6-7 episodes of The Vampire Diaries. Now Just have about that many Gothams, and I’m clear! Until summer shows start, then it’s the same problem all over again-too many shows that interest us, not enough time to keep up!

40. Alycia Swift says:

Some things are not clogging up my DVR because they are streaming. But I have Legends, the last 3 episodes of Covert Affairs and Intruders clogging up my DVR. I stopped recording Sleepy Hollow. I have a lot of films from PBS clogging the DVR.

41. Alycia Swift says:

42. Alycia Swift says:

My DVR has Wolf Hall, Blacklist, Intruders, Legends, Lost Girl and the last 3 hours of Covert Affairs among many other movies on it. I stopped recording the Following and a few other series because it got to be too much.

43. Jennifer says:

Hey – While we’re on this subject. I’ve got Dish and my DVR is getting full of movies that I’ve saved. Can anyone recommend an “external drive” or whatever they have for this? Dish customer service is less than helpful. I bought one but Dish said that was “not the right one, but I cannot tell you where to get the right one.”

44. bwillard5 says:

This season I was actually able to keep up with the shows I DVR’d and currently have none to catch up on. I hate having a backlog of shows to watch. The only bad thing about keeping up with my shows is that it leaves nothing to watch this summer. Since I didn’t watch The Flash when the episodes were new I’m watching the repeats weekly on The CW. I just saw the Pilot last Tuesday and really liked it.

• Jennifer says:

I recommend it. It just gets better. And there are a lot of crossovers with Arrow (but you won’t be lost if you don’t watch it)

45. Daisy says:

I have to say that I’m incredibly heartened to know that I am not alone in a) my TV addiction and b) my inability to keep up with the amount of TV that I watch! I’m making it my mission to clear my DVR of backlogged TV shows and hopefully I’ll make it.

To that end here are the shows that got backlogged for me:

The Vampire Diaries (8 episodes, binged after the finale)
    Reign (10 episodes, binged this past weekend)
    Nashville (9 episodes. not sure if I will watch)
    Gotham (8 episodes, but deleted without watching because I was giving up on it anyway)
    The Americans (11 episodes, will definitely watch)
    Turn (8 episodes, might watch)
    Wolf Hall (all 6 episodes unwatched)
    The Leftovers (all 10 episodes, not sure if I will watch)
    The 100 (all 16 Season 2 episodes, will definitely watch)
    Girlfriends Guide to Divorce (all 13 episodes, not sure if I will watch)
    The Originals (9 episodes, binged over Memorial Day weekend)
    iZombie (6 episodes, binged over Memorial Day weekend)
    Outlander (all 8 episodes of Season 1, part 2–will definitely watch)

Plus I have to worry about getting backed up on my summer shows :)
    SYTYCD
    Hannibal
    Masters of Sex
    Married
    Halt and Catch Fire
    The Jim Gaffigan Show

*sigh* I need a 12 step program I think. No wonder I’m so pastey–I spend all my time watching TV and get no sun :)

46. Joseph says:

Still got 11 episodes of empire sitting on my dvr… But there is always other stuff on!

47. KCC says:

I’m getting old. I remember the time, when you missed a show you had to wait for it to rerun in the summer or you were out of luck. Now it appears everyone DVR’s everything then decides what to watch. I rarely watch TV “live” these days, but I only DVR what I’ll watch each week. No backlog. I wonder how long it will be until the networks prime-time lineups no longer exist. Except for sports and awards shows, live TV is becoming a thing of the past.

• John NYC says:

With “season passes” people don’t need to make an affirmative decision each week on what to record as they did in simpler vcr days ( and even later gives allowed repeating specific times if not show titles). So an ambitious schedule can be created that then automatically keeps recording everything “new”… forever. Easy to outpace available viewing time that way. Though no show is ever missed and given feeding they are viewed more efficiently.

48. Sarah says:

Can someone tell me if it’s worth finishing “Secrets and Lies”? I watched like the first 2 episodes and they weren’t bad. I just had too many other shows to watch. Now I’m trying to decide what to do with the remaining 8 episodes.

49. Merissa W. says:

For those who have said they lost interest in POI (ha…pun), I recommend starting with season 4’s 11th episode, “If-Then-Else”…I think that’s where the season REALLY picks up…and if you think it might just be me, that episode has a 9.9 star rating on iMDB, out of 4,500 users ;)

50. javadude54 says:

Old movies are what I keep for awhile until I can get to them. If I like a TV show I watch it, then delete it.