Fall TV Preview

The CW's Legends of Tomorrow Trailer Debuts — Plus: Previews of Containment and More

legends-of-tomorrow

The CW on Thursday announced its fall 2015 schedule and offered sneak peeks of its new series, including Arrow/Flash spinoff Legends of Tomorrow and Julie Plec’s outbreak drama Containment (fka Cordon).

Watch the trailers in their entirety below:

Legends of Tomorrow (Midseason)

Containment (Midseason)

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (Mondays, 8/7c)

Your thoughts on The CW’s new offerings? Hit the comments section below with your reviews of the trailers.

1. Liz says:

I can’t believe we have to wait until Januray. but I do like the 13 episode thing makes for a better show.

• Anne says:

Agreed! There are so many shows on network TV right now that would benefit from a shorter episode order just so they’re able to flesh out their plots better.

2. M says:

Wow Legends of Tomorrow actually looks amazing. Interesting that they showed Oliver in his Arrow(?) suit again considering the finale last night. Obviously I knew he wouldn’t be on vacation forever, but seems slightly spoilery. Wish it wasn’t midseason. I can’t wait that long

• Fido says:

and it’s got Rory in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – I must admit to giving an excited yell when he popped up in the trailer. Ever since he protected that box for 1000 years he can do no wrong in my eyes, so :yay: and :woot:

• arianeb says:

So on the last episode of Arrow, someone who looks like the Immortal Captain Jack Harkness, has become the Immortal Raz Al Gul. Now a Time traveling Legends of Tomorrow character looks like the time traveling Rory Williams. It seems the DC universe has a lot in common with the DW universe.
        When will it be revealed that the time traveler is the Canary sisters grandpa?

• dman6015 says:

Do you think they’d ever consider a small crossover with DW. Have one time traveler bump into another?

• arianeb says:

Probably not, but if Arthur Darvill (who plays Sarah Lance’s boss) has a scene with Alex Kingston (who plays Sarah Lance’s mother), there is no way they could do a scene without at least a subtle reference to their DW days.

• Lex says:

… and the crossover fanfic practically writes itself. I think a Diggle as Doctor/Cisco as Wide-Eyed Companion might be fun?

• Kat says:

Um, dude. It was obvious Oliver and Felicity were just going away for a short time. The show is called ARROW. He was always gonna suit up again. It’s not a spoiler. LOL.

• AddieM says:

Legends looks incredible…I’m hoping that trailer is nothing compared to what the series will be like.

• Ann says:

Nah. I don’t think it’s spoilery. We all knew he’d be back as the Arrow….afterall, the show is called Arrow. I’m guessing Legends is coming midseason because The Flash and Arrow storylines need to build up to the Legends introduction.

3. LK says:

So Firestorm is in the show… but without Ronnie? Why would they do that?

• I was wondering the same thing. Maybe Jason replaces Ronnie.

• Rook says:

I think something will happen to Ronnie on The Flash season finale when Barry travels back in time. Which could make someone else merge into Firestorm or Amell could get upgraded to regular on TF and they don’t want to announce it yet to spoil anything about the finale.

• Sarah says:

They once said that there would be one character, who wouldn’t have a fixed spot on one of the DC series of the CW but would shift between all three. That could be Ronnie since he has already a connection to the Flash and Ledgends of Tomorrow.

4. Legends isn’t that bad, but I wouldn’t trust Hunter. He lies, heh.

5. Yep made it clear right away who Caity Lotz is playing and how it came about. At least that is settled.

• Dean says:

Yup Sara Lance is alive and kicking, literally.

• herman1959 says:

Lazarus Pit!

• CB says:

still makes no sense. Thea was killed by ras so it was sort of believeable he could bring her back, sara was killed by Thea/Malcom depending which way you look at it. Who got her body and when and where has she been hiding since being brought back and why wouldn’t she tell Laurel or Oliver or someone

• Dj says:

When you add in time travel you can easily say Rip and Oliver came back to the past and use the pit on Sara and then brought her to Oliver’s present.

6. analog says:

OMG Legend of Tomorrow is horrible and looks incredibly cheesy.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend is…interesting. The lead is already insufferable.

7. Dj says:

They are going to use the pit to bring back Sara. I will say I’m more excited for this then I am for Arrow or the Flash next season.

8. Ines says:

I guess that clarifies what happened to Ray on Arrow

9. Shaun Daily-Las Vegs says:

Containment will rock !!

10. LK says:

Legends looks fun…the Containment show looks like something ive seen before… hope its a mini-series though… Ex-Girlfriend looks horrible.. could barely get through the trailer the actress is so annoying.

11. Rachel says:

Legends looks good. Glad they changed the title Cordon. Made me think of chicken cordon bleu every time I saw it.

12. Mr. Tran K says:

My CW trailer rankings: 1. Legends of Tomorrow 2. Containment 3. Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (this one is going to be CW’s biggest flop this upcoming season)

13. Evan says:

Legends of Tomorrow looks amazing!! But this clip also proves that Laurel will never be in Sara’s league!

• Veronica says:

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Kat says:

Hahahaha, I was thinking the same thing. It just showed how incredible Sara is. No comparison at all. Sara and Caity Lotz are AMAZING!

• BBussey says:

Really? Laurel has eight months of experience while Sara had six years experience before being murdered. If you compare pre-Canary Sara to pre-Canary Laurel, the characters and their fighting experience are similar.

Let’s stop the hate and try to keep things in perspective.

14. Brigid says:

WOW, Legends looks insane! I can’t wait for this one!!!!!

15. Sara says:

After seeing all the trailers I’m super excited for Legends of Tomorrow, I don’t even care about the name this trailer just made my day…😊
    Containment seems intriguing I’ll give it a shot..
    Even tought i don’t watch comedies Crazy ex-girlfriend is funny 😁

16. D. says:

Omg Legends of tomorrow looks AMAZING. And there’s Sarah <3

17. Dmac says:

That is exactly what I would hope it would be. I can’t wait.

18. robandco says:

LoT looks interesting. The CGI looks good (better than Supergirl’s)!
    The trailer for Crazy Ex-Girlfriend made me laugh out loud. I like the annoying lead type (I suffered through 6 years of Rachel Berry so you know…). She reminded me of Cristin Milioti.

19. Anna says:

Legends of Tomorrow looks amazing! This looks to be a combination of the best stuff from Arrow and the best stuff from The Flash. This could be seriously awesome!
    Containment looks like a combination of Under the Dome and that 2011 movie Contagion? It would maybe work as a limited series thing, but as a whole 22-episode series? Not so much.
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend looks better than the title sounds. Seriously, who come up with these titles? Surely they could’ve found something better. The titel is a huge turn-off for me, which is sad, seeing as many shows with awful titles were actually pretty great (e.g. Cougar Town, Selfie, Don’t trust the B* in Apartment 23, etc…)

20. Jennifer says:

Holy Cow. Can. Not. Wait. for Legends of Tomorrow. that looks awesome. Looking forward to some amazing crossovers.

First – can someone with comic book background knowledge – if this Rip Hunter is from the future (and a band called Time Masters), why didn’t / doesn’t Harrison Wells / Reverse Flash go after him to get back to where he’s from??

21. Drew says:

I will have to watch the trailer later, but one thing that I need to know about Legends ASAP… Will Rip Hunter ever meet Dinah Lance?

22. Richard says:

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: First show to be canceled in the 2015-2016 TV Season. Legends of Tomorrow can’t wait for it and Containment looks good as well.

23. sladewilson says:

Wonder how long before Ollie tells Laurel, “…about your not-so-dead sister…”?

24. Johnny Styles says:

So it looks like Sara is resurrected via the Lazarus Pit. Kudos to all of the peeps out there who called that. I will be very interested to see who is going to play Vandal Savage (who is the perfect choice as a villain for this series).

25. Cris says:

The trailer for LoT looks amazing but I can’t believe they whitewash White Canary. I like Sara but they should’ve just stick with her being Canary. Why must they put a known character villain, an archenemy of Black Canary to be portrayed by Sara.

• Drew says:

Are you equally upset by the blackwashing of Isis West? White Canary is hardly a decades-old comic book character with a ton of history behind her. Shouldn’t you be more offended by the changes that they’ve made to Isis, Wally (presumably), Barry (he was blond in the comics!), Mia (Thea) and all of the countless others?

• JC1 says:

I don’t understand how it’s whitewashing. If Caity was playing the White Canary from the comics, that would be whitewashing, but she’s not. She’s playing Sara Lance, and Sara Lance is white. Just because she’s taking White Canary as a code name doesn’t mean she’s becoming the comics character White Canary.

• herman1959 says:

OMG, the show doesn’t even start for 8 months and you all are starting this stuff now? Please.

26. Lexy says:

Containment looks interesting. Granted, we’ve seen this premise a million times by now, but I’ll still tune in to see how they develop it.
    Crazy Ex Girlfriend looks like it should have never seen the light of day. I cringed solely from the trailer.

27. Carla Krae says:

Okay, Legends of Tomorrow was cool! I’m jazzed.

28. Bwhit says:

Wow, Legends of Tomorrow looks awesome! I am so happy that Wentworth Miller is back on a series, I have loved him as Captain Cold (yes I know he plays it campy but I love it). Caity Lotz sure can kick some butt, I’ve missed seeing her do her thing.

29. lll says:

Legends of Tomarrow is definitely the first new show to get renewed. Love the white canary as I can’t see Caity playing another role on the CW. Contagion doesn’t fit on the CW, but it’s a risk that may pay off. I give it a 50/50 shot at renewal. Crazy Ex-girlfriend – going against the grain here when I say this – gets a 50/50 shot at renewal too just because it fits well with Jane the Virgin (another show I thought would bite the dust). Howver, the singing and over the top silliness is going to turn off a lot of viewers.

30. Neo says:

West Covina is only an hour from the BEACH!

31. Ellie says:

Hmmmmmm, I’m seeing alotta action and very little substance. I’ll give it a try but this might not be my thing. I like my action and explosions to mean something and know what everyone’s fighting for. Action for the sake of action isn’t really sustainable long term if you’re wanting an hour of people’s time every week for 6 or 7 years.

• Daven says:

Dude, it’s a trailer. You’re not going to get much exposition in less than 3 minutes when they have to show you all of the characters and the premise. There’s also the fact that the oliver/barry sequence took up a lot of space.

32. JC1 says:

Awwwwwwesome!!!!!

And I’m so happy to see Sara again I can’t even tell you. :) Can’t wait!!

33. AJ says:

Legends looks decent, but seems like a little bit overkill

34. Jared says:

Legends of Tomorrow looks awesome but that was pretty much expected. Containment looks pretty good too if your into that type of show, personally I’m not but it will probably do good.
    I expect Crazy Ex Girlfriend to be cancelled after its initial 13 episodes.

35. herman1959 says:

SHA-BANG! I will actually be watching 4 superhero shows come January (The Flash, Arrow, Legends, and Agent Carter), who knew.

36. m3rcnate says:

DC Legends of Tomorrow: It looks good enough to check out, honestly i’ll be watching for Caity Lotz even if its just “meh”.
    Containment: Its not that it looked bad, its just i dont know what the point of it is? So a bunch of people are going to be stuck (contained) inside a hosital…so? Its made by Julie Plec so odds are strong that there will be a ton of hooking up and love triangles and cheating, so it just doesn’t really do anything for me.
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend: I am not the target demo for this, this does not interest me. Looks unique though.

37. 134sc says:

Based on last nights ARROW, how does this work? They went out of their way to say that Ollie has changed and also that his gear is locked up in evidence. I just assumed when he came back he would have a different suit, but based on this he will not? Or they havnt worked out what the new suit will look like so they just used his old one for this promo? I dunno.

Other then that, this looks awesome.

38. Dude says:

Crazy EX-Girlfriend looks to be the best of the bunch and I already know it will be cancelled first because no one who watches The CW will get it (just like they didn’t get Jane the Virgin last year) and they’ll mostly just be mad no one is shooting arrows at vampires.

39. rusty says:

Legends looks ok. The other two are a waste of film. Crazy Ex-girlfriend, a musical????? What idiots gave the ok on this farce.

40. Kat says:

LoT looks good but so cheesy. I admit I’m watching for Sara and Caity Lotz. Her death on Arrow kind of dampened that season for me so I’m very happy she’s coming back. Just shows how awesome she is. Why they killed her still confuses me.

41. AddieM says:

Wow move over Arrow & Flash; Legends looks INCREDIBLE!…
    I’m so excited, goodness can’t believe we have to wait till January.

42. ? says:

SARA!!!
    (I have no idea how these other two shows got picked up)

43. Joey Padron says:

Legends Of Tomorrow looks really good, excited to see the show. Containment looks good, will check out the show when it premieres next year.

44. Drew says:

Anyone else wondering why Barry would bring Captain Cold into this? There was just a whole episode about how bad an idea that is.

45. Das Snow says:

Containment doesn’t seem like a CW show

46. lrdslvrhnd says:

And “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” just got my pick for “first cancelled show of the fall”. Which doesn’t mean that I think it’s the worst-looking new show, just the one that’ll get canned the fastest.

47. zac says:

Never forget people were hating on Jane the Virgin and it ended up being one of the best comedies right nlw. Crazy ExGF looks fun.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Exactly. That’s what a bunch of us in the press were saying today at the Upfront. Funny how people “forget.” ;)

48. DarkDefender says:

Oh Em Gee!
    White Canary!
    Time Travel!
    Immortal Villain!
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

49. Sheldon W. says:

Containment looks something we’ve already seen, but the cast is prettier. C+
    Crazy Ex-Girlfriend looks like the anti-Jane – with singing – A
    DC’s Legends of Tomorrow – Ray Palmer finally shrinks! Vandal Savage! Arthur Darvill rocks the Rip Hunter greatcoat! Time Travel, giant robot, sinister army! So much fun in a handful of minutes! A+

50. Temperance says:

Containment looks like it’s nothing but a cesspool of pointless violence and misery. I’ll pass.