Despite dying in the Doctor Who Season 8 finale, UNIT scientist Osgood will be back for the upcoming ninth season, BBC America announced Friday.
Ingrid Oliver’s character, who was last seen getting vaporized by Michelle Gomez’s Missy, will come face-to-face with the shape-shifting Zygons in Season 9.
“Osgood is back, fresh from her recent murder at the end of last series. We recently confirmed that Osgood was definitely dead and not returning — but in a show about time travel, anything can happen,” executive producer Steven Moffat said in a statement. “The brilliant Ingrid Oliver is back in action. This time though, can the Doctor trust his number-one fan?”
Doctor Who‘s ninth season will debut this fall.
Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…
* Kristen Bell will guest-voice a wealthy, entitled friend of Lisa’s on a Season 27 episode of The Simpsons, EW.com reports.
* Happy Endings alumna Eliza Coupe has signed on for five episodes of Casual, Hulu’s upcoming comedy about a brother (Tommy Dewey, The Mindy Project) and sister (Michaela Watkins, Trophy Wife) who navigate the dating world while living together and raising a teenager. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Coupe will play Emmy, a witty and free-spirited love interest for Dewey’s Alex.
* Comedy Central will air its first-ever live stand-up special, Brian Regan: Live, on Saturday, Sept. 26, at 9/8c, Deadline reports. The special will be broadcast from New York City’s Radio City Music Hall.
* Running Wild With Bear Grylls has recruited its roster of celebrities for Season 2, including Kate Winslet, Kate Hudson, James Marsden, Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family), Ed Helms (The Office), Michelle Rodriguez (Lost) and Michael B. Jordan (Parenthood). The second season will bow Monday, July 13, at 10/9c.
* Outlander fans, here’s your first big Season 2 casting: Co-EP Maril Davis on Friday tweeted that the pup pictured below will play Bouton. Those who have read Diana Gabaldon’s series of Outlander novels will recognize the character as the dog belonging to Mother Hildegarde, a nun whose acquaintance Claire makes in Paris.