Exclusive

Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo: First Look at Jo and Alaric's Big Day

Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo

After six long, wedding-less seasons, The Vampire Diaries is cordially inviting viewers to the (stunning) nuptials of Alaric Saltzman and Josette Parker — and TVLine has your exclusive first look.

I know it’s hard to believe, what with Delena’s cure drama and Steroline’s humanity shenanigans afoot, but one couple on this show appears to be getting its happily-ever-after in the May 7 episode (The CW, 8/7c).

Then again, it might be too soon to start throwing rice for the future newlyweds; executive producer Caroline Dries lists “bloodshed” among the couple’s pre-wedding festivities — you know, right after “bachelor parties” and “strippers.”

Browse our first look at Jo and Alaric’s wedding below, then drop a comment with your hopes for the big day.

Vampire Diaries Wedding Photo

1. SterolineTeam says:

We need Steroline PLEASE

• Laura says:

We have steroline, just have to wait a bit. Care’s mom just died.

• Hannah says:

Agree Leah. I really liked their friendship but not as a romantic couple it’s too much like siblings.eeeww

• Tara says:

Same here, enjoy their friendship nothing else. Why are they forcing this ‘relationship’ on us. Just when you think we are getting rid of one forced boring ship they make another one to take it’s place. This is not going to make me want to watch season7. I’m done with all the ships that’s what ruined this show, writers PLEASE let next year be a whole new show and NOT focus on ships.
          Happy for Jolaric though!

• Ellie says:

Ugh, truth! I cringe when they are on and have to fast forward through their scenes. Why would they ruin a perfect and cute friendship???

• Lindsey says:

Yes Tara! This has been what I’ve been thinking. For season 7 to work they need to make it feel like a new show. They need to quit all the shipping and focus on the brothers more. The brothers need to be the focal point then Bonnie, Caroline, Matt and others can come along side. Bring in some more interesting characters and story arcs. Don’t let romance over take the show…for those that want that can tune into daytime t.v. They need to get back to this being a vampire/supernatural series. Remember that writers? If they stick to that formula then you won’t get all the deranged fangirls.

• Aisha says:

Thank God I am not the only one that sees it, I so agree with you Hanna!

• Autumn says:

You are not the only one, JP just makes it seem like everyone likes steroline. I’m sure there are some but I think most were delena fans so that Stefan would be out of the picture. I’m all for Stefan moving on just not with his ‘sister’…..and yes that’s what they are like, brother and sister. Sorry JP but you forcing them on us is not going to make us like them.

• Leah says:

NO…not the siblings.GROSS!!

• Katerina says:

Aww, they look so cute. At least Alaric gets to be happy. Not feeling the steroline they have no chemistry. There’s no need to pair everyone off on this series, men and women can just be friends especially when there’s no chemistry. If they want to turn friendship into more than Damon and Bonnie would be the one’s to go with they at least have chemistry. Plus weren’t they together in the books?

• Maria says:

Yes Katerina, Bonnie and Damon where together for a while in the Books and I agree They have a lot of Chemistry .and would make more sense, depending how the Storyline goes.

• KING STEROLINE says:

I really don’t know where the sister vibe is coming from because WE ALL KNEW CAROLINE had a crush at STEFAN since the first episode. Now would a SISTER have a crush on a BROTHER? AND when best friends turn into lovers it doesn’t ruin a relationship it makes it STRONGER AND BETTER, You delusional STEROLINE HATERS JUST FIND WAYS YO HATE LOL! #HATERSGONNAHATE

• Brianna says:

I understand what they are talking about because they have no chemistry and it’s not coming from hate. I really hope we don’t have to deal with more rabid fangirls as someone previously stated we have had enough. That’s fine if you like them but don’t HATE those who don’t like them because you would be no better than the crazy dullena fans. I’m sure you don’t want to be in that category.

2. Al final todo se resume en una frase:
    Un bebé es algo que llevas dentro de ti durante nueve meses,
    en tus brazos durantes tres años y en tu corazón hasta
    el día que te mueras- Mary Mason :) Gracias por el artículo!

3. Madison says:

Can’t wait for this episode! I’m hoping the one Steroline moment we get is a good one! <3

• KING STEROLINE says:

SAME!! #STEROLINEIsEndGameHATERS

• Bex says:

Wow, way to use those caps!lol You are really showing them. I think we can tell who the haters are and as Brianna stated you are showing your true colors taking a page out of the dullena fan book. If someone doesn’t agree with you on liking steroline than they are haters…..OK.LOL

4. Jolaric 💗🙈😍 says:

OMG they are so cute. I love them so much. I just hope that nothing bad happens to them and they get their well deserved happily ever after. And I hope the baby is gonna live and isn’t gonna be killed off. I squealed when I saw this photo. JOLARIC. JOLARIC. JOLARIC. Omg I ship it so much it’s unbelievable. Eekkkkkkk

5. awww…this makes me so happy. (not the bloodshed part tho)

6. Remy says:

I still think Jo is secretly evil.

7. Phoebe says:

I am happy for them they make a cute couple. I was very exited when Alaric was going ot return to the TVD but then he has been greatly underutilized this season. I dont understand why.. Writers hope fix this mistake for next season

8. Stefan & Caroline says:

Steroline please! :)

• Erin says:

Umm….NO!! we do not need another forced couple! I want one season with no DULL, forced, chemistry free couple. Agreeing with the others haven’t we and the show(ratings) suffered enough. Don’t you want tvd to last?

9. nathali says:

I hope that Elena and Damon give the human potion to Damon’s mom. So she doesn’t bring back the “Demon’s” but to show what would happen if they took her back to get her “family” and left her there, but not before she gives them a lot of trouble. I hope that Enzo tries to help Lilly before any of this happens. However not sure if she deserves to be helped yet… She could be crazy and deserve death. She might be a monster.

10. parag says:

i have question……
    1.only one person can take cure so how both damon and elena going to take cure??

2. and if damon take cure isnt it going to hapeen same with him which was happened with katherine pierce???

• Anna says:

Damon is planning to suck blood out of Elena and take the cure from her blood system. The cure is magical, so Damon would be able to grow old with Elena. The reason why that did not work with Kathrine, is because Silas sucked the cure out of her, therefore sucking he magic out. Hope that answers your questions. :)

11. Thank you, I’ve just been searching for information approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the greatest I’ve found out so far. But, what concerning the bottom line? Are you sure in regards to the supply?

12. Anna says:

Could someone please tell me why the men and women were standing on the wrong side for the wedding? Haha It’s supposed to be switched. :)