Good Wife Sneak Peek: Kalinda Pays Alicia a Visit, Ends Up in Tears

Tonight on CBS’ The Good Wife, an ever-desperate Kalinda turns to someone she hasn’t dealt with face-to-face in a very long time — Alicia — as seen in the sneak peek below.

In this week’s episode (CBS, 9/8c), Alicia faces an uncertain future when she is forced to resign as State’s Attorney in the wake of a voter fraud scandal. Meanwhile, R.D. (guest star Oliver Platt) hires Diane and Cary to argue against two ultra-conservative lawyers for a test case involving mandatory minimum sentencing.

But returning to the provocative matter at hand: What happens when Kalinda (played by exiting cast member Archie Panjabi), whose metadata tampering unwittingly has put multiple careers on the line, shows up on Alicia’s doorstep? And why does the visit end with the hard-boiled investigator in tears? Hit play, now.

1. Diva DIary says:

I’m totally going to be that person right now and say they probably weren’t in the same room when they shot that “And Florrick”.

2. DW says:

Miss Kalinda already but wow, Is this show entertaining!

3. SA says:

Cannot wait to see tonight’s show!!!

4. abz says:

Kalinda always makes me teary-eyed in these kind of moments. When she’s staring at Alicia’s family picture and seeing Peter. Archie is so good at just letting you see these small moments of emotion and pain and how she truly is saddened that their friendship was never made to be like it was. I will seriously miss her so much. I hope they do end up meeting face to face. I really miss their friendship. Sometimes I wish the show took a lesson from Reba lol (I know the shows are two very different styles and tones and writing, but the way Reba and Barbara Jean’s friendship developed was great). I don’t need Alicia and Kalinda to have gone back exactly to the way things were, but I wish they continued the mending which they were in fact doing and they started drinking together back in the fourth season.

5. Liam says:

I wonder if they can sustain the quality when she leaves. I know the ensemble is still a great one, and this is Julianna’s show, but Kalinda and Archie is such an integral part of the dna of the show. I certainly hope they finish it on top and stops at sevens seasons.

• Nancy says:

I agree that Kalinda played by Archie will be missed. But there are a lot more stories to be told about the rest of the outstanding cast. Cary taking on Lamonte Bishop! Even the recurring guest stars have stories to be told. I say bring on Season 8!

6. SPAMMER says:

SPAM DELETED #TVLineCares

7. Mike R. says:

Still won’t be surprised if they don’t appear in a scene together tonight, but maybe..

8. K says:

The unprofessionalism is shocking. To not have any scenes together in this amount of time is awful and not to mention unrealistic.

9. Nitemar says:

They needed a good reason (the cheating) for Kalinda and Alicia away from each other, but more so, whatever that might be, for Archie and Julianna. Wonder how weird must be is in the table reads.

• Diva DIary says:

I don’t know about that. Even in season 1 it was hinted that there was something between Kalinda and Peter so unless Archie and Julianna hated each other since the beginning, I doubt it

10. Stacy says:

Great show, but it saddens me that it will always be less than it could be due to this conflict. Unless Archie slept with Julianna’s husband in real life, I just don’t get it…

11. bobbi70 says:

Alicia came a long way with her legal skills after she came back into the court system. Why would the writers destroy her career and her credibility after all she has been through? She may never recover from such a scandal; not only has her political future and credibility been destroyed; the show is becoming too much like a soap opera. I used to really enjoy this show; but the standards have been lowered and the court cases that were so interesting have been lost. What a shame. She worked so hard to get to where she was and the writers destroyed her in only one season.

12. Marmee Cruz says:

Will surely miss Kalinda. She brought so much intrigue, excitement and some happy moments on the show. Farewell, Archie and may you be successful and blessed!

13. dman6015 says:

Gee, what a surprise. No scene together in the aired episode. Margulies must really hate Panjabi for some reason.

14. Jeśli natomiast jesteśmy właścicielami niewielkiej działki powinniśmy brać pod uwagę grill albo
    kominek ogrodowy.