Exclusive

Orphan Black Sneak Peek: Sarah & Cal Are Reunited — and Separated Again

Loading video...

Cal is back on this Saturday’s Orphan Black (BBC America, 9/8c)hurray!but as you’ll see in TVLine’s exclusive video, his moment of domestic bliss with Sarah is cut short by Rudy’s escape and Helena’s abduction.

Michiel Huisman’s seemingly perfect wilderness man gets even more perfect, first declaring that he’d do anything for his daughter Kira. And then, even after asking Sarah not to leave in pursuit of another crazy lead, Cal plants one on her and tells her, “Go save your sister.”

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Sarah and Cal’s relationship: Would you like to see these two crazy kids make it work?

1. Kate says:

Maybe its just this show and that we all know Cal has his secrets, but I worry about him. I don’t think he’s a danger to Leda or Kira but is playing his own game. I think its also because it was by like episode 4 of the first season we knew there was more about Paul and ultimately we were right (though, yes, him basically being a version of Mariann of the Castor clones is a different perspective and this alone is why Tony needs to return because I suspect he can tell more about his monitor and what he thought he and Paul had in common). And yes, Cosima is very smart and maybe those genes popped up in Kira, but well, Kira is more than just smart. She’s kind of spooky.

2. Luis says:

You had to know Michael Huisman couldn’t stick around, as he seems to be one of this year’s most ubiquitous actors.

3. JaxJuice's Girl says:

Well Michiel Huisman is on a ROLL right now not only he’s on this show but also Game of Thrones and that Blake Livley movie that’s out today. As for Cal and Sarah I like those 2 together even tho. I thought she was going to end up w/Paul. But I agree w/@ Kate that he has secrets…..cause it looks like sometimes he’s holding something back from Sarah so…idk but I do like the 2 of them.

4. Reve says:

I would still rather see Paul naked.

5. Ellie says:

I’d rather see more Paul. I loved the dynamic he has with Sarah and he and Felix are great in scenes together. Let’s establish and delve into characters already in the show before brining in new ones. One of my TV show pet peeves.

• Rdusty says:

Yes I need more BDP! (Wink, wink)

• kat says:

I really like Paul too, and liked his (weird and twisted) dynamic with Sarah, but I could probably live with Cal if they would just give him a freaking personality already. The actor is fantastic, but the character is as interesting as watching paint dry. He apparently has no opinions about any of the crazy stuff this woman has pulled him into. He’ll ask questions and then immediately capitulate when she won’t tell him anything. He’s attractive, he can babysit Kira whenever they need her off screen, that’s pretty much it. Even his potentially interesting shady past is just used as deus ex machina fodder – everything going wrong in the finale? Don’t worry, Cal found the answer off screen with his vaguely defined and convenient skillset. I could maybe, maybe, forgive all that even (not interesting but not offensive either) except they also insisted on jamming this family dynamic down our throats instantly. Sarah and Cal fought for half an episode, and that was it. Everything’s forgiven, instant bed buddies, instant family unit. If they’d kept more tension between Sarah and Cal it would have been way more interesting. The insta family just raised my hackles and made me instinctively dislike them and resent the screentime wasted on this shallowly written duo.

6. Arnell says:

I like Paul with Sarah.

7. Lymli Li says:

I like sarh x paul more, I have a thang for bad guys

8. Anne says:

I hope that there is something more to Cal. Right now he just seems to be a convenient babysitter for Kira while Sarah runs around doing all the interesting things.

9. Hali says:

i adore Cal and Sarah together. Cal brings out the calm, sweet side of Sarah which is wonderful to see. Even his voice is calming. On a show like OB you need that balance, just like we need the humor along with the action.

It’s funny to hear people say Cal has no personality – he’s kind and caring, resourceful, loving, and willing to risk his life for the people he loves. Paul has absolutely no personality and the acting is so wooden he is hard to watch. Please, develop some facial expressions.