Ratings: Mysteries of Laura Returns Up From Its Latest, 3-Week Break

Mysteries of Laura Renewed

NBC bubble drama The Mysteries of Laura returned from its latest, three-week break to 6.6 million total viewers and a 1.0 demo rating, ticking up 7 percent and a tenth from its last outing.

Elsewhere….

THE CW | Arrow (2.7 mil/0.9) was steady, while Supernatural (1.8 mil/0.7) ticked up.

FOX | American Idol (7.4 mil/1.5) dropped a handful of eyeballs but rose a tenth in the demo week-to-week.

CBS | Survivor (9.8 mil/2.3) grew 4 percent in viewers (to a best-since-premiere audience) and ticked up in the demo. Criminal Minds (9.9 mil/1.9) dipped 5 percent and two tenths, tying a series low. CSI: Cyber (8.3 mil/1.5) was flat.

ABC | The Middle (7.8 mil/1.8) slipped two tenths, Goldbergs (7.1 mil/2.1) and Modern Family (8.8 mil/2.9) each dipped one tenth, black-ish (6.6 mil/2.1) added two tenths and Nashville (5.4 mil/1.3) inched up one tenth.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I’ll be disappointed if both Mysteries of Laura and CSI: Cyber gets renewed but only time will tell if the execs of their respective networks have the guts to do so.

• Nancy O says:

Do you have ANYTHING better to do than sit and wait for TV Line to post something

• Mrs. Tran K says:

LOL! He just loves his TV! Or lack there-of

• Mr. Tran K says:

Have you not paid attention about what I’ve said the last time? You better not mimicking that name because it’s identity theft and that person is still a BULLY. I told you guys over and over and over again I always hate complainers and I also hate when people have been ignored about the things I’ve said even though you brain dead people are blind and deaf and acting like BULLIES. You must obey my orders next time because if you guys disobey me, I’m going to go all Game of Thrones on you people and better yet I demand an nice and sincere apology and I mean it because I always TELL THE TRUTH. BTW, I never like Mysteries of Laura and I never seen it and Mrs. Tran K is a freakin’ LIAR.

• Ms Tran Kaleidoscope says:

Dude – step away from the keyboard – you’re having a mini-meltdown. Mimicking one’s name is not identity theft nor is it being a bully. You hate complainers and you demand to be heard, yup….. we get it. Now, as far as obeying your orders, I have one thing to say, unless you are the exalted ruler of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (yes, a real thing) then I think you need to take a breath and realize everyone is allowed their own opinion even if it is on your posts. Next time rather than commenting on a show you’ve never seen why don’t you stick to what you do watch.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Are you lying to my face Nancy or are you going to stop being a complainer?

2. BrightLight says:

I love Mysteries of Laura, but the breaks in between each episode make me forget it’s still on the air. I think it would have been a great summer show and I’ll be surprised but happy if it gets renewed.

• BrightLight says:

Also Criminal Minds was superb last night. I actually left it on and watched CSI: Cyber. The episode wasn’t that great about but RA was. If the entire episode had focused on her character, I would have enjoyed it.

• Tenney says:

Criminal Minds was super duper creepy last night. I actually had to sleep with a light on because I kept thinking I was hearing that weird noise Mr. Scratch made, and I’m not usually that wimpy. Some of those episodes are deeply disturbing.

• Angela says:

I loved that episode of “Criminal Minds”. Sounds like it freaked the fandom in general out quite good, which, considering the amount of creepy episodes and unsubs they’ve had in the past, is not an easy thing to do!
        But yeah. That one’s gonna haunt me for a while. Top notch directing by Gubler and fantastic acting by Gibson.

• John NYC says:

Yes I like Mysteries of Laura as well (a pleasant surprise as I sampled with some skepticism) and if it weren’t for my TiVo “season pass” I’m not sure how many I’d catch with it’s uneven schedule.

3. Coach Taylor says:

Hope Nashville gets at least one more season! What are the chances?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

TVLine’s hand-carved artesinal Renewal Scorecard is linked from atop every TVLINE page,

• Mr. Tran K says:

I’m not sure about the chances Nashville gets renewed and Paul Lee continues to waste everybody’s time.

• Boiler says:

Although I do think Lee should be gone the only people “wasting” time, as you put it, are those of who enjoy watching the show thus we aren’t wasting time.

4. Sara says:

Hope criminal minds adjust up! Incredible episode last night.

5. arial2 says:

Mysteries of Laura is doing its job, but the NBC affiliate here in the SF Bay Area, for at least the second time this season, pre-empted it for a Giants game. Given all the sports channels available to NBC, I don’t understand how this can keep happening (they also did this to an original Grimm episode recently). It’s a fun show. I’m really loving CSI: Cyber now that we’re getting the team members’ back stories. Loved Tuesday’s episode as well as last night’s. Just feel sorry for Simon’s son Aaron: he learned a valuable lesson, but with his father’s job, he doesn’t have a chance evading his parents on the computer like most teens do. lol

6. Gerald says:

Wow Survivor is UP?? I thought the numbers would go down with Joe gone. Well I did watch this week and it confirmed to me that this is the worst cast year in ages. I don’t care for so many of these people. I am certainly not making it a priority to watch this for the rest of the season.

• BrittBrat says:

What Will did to Shirin was low. And the fact that nobody said anything was hard to watch too.

American Idol made my ears heart!

7. kn1231 says:

Any rise for Nashville is great! Glad it’s above 5 million again!

8. Jim J. says:

With “CSI: Cyber” getting fair ratings despite its negative reviews, and the fact that it is not as easy to cancel a former juggernaut as it was in the past, CBS will almost certainly back themselves into a corner when the “CSI”s’ fates are decided for next season. I prefer it if the original “CSI” gets renewed for a farewell season (or four TV movies), and “CSI: Cyber” gets cancelled because new series on CBS with negative reviews aren’t gonna last long on the network, no matter how well the ratings are.