Lip Sync Battle Renewed for Season 2

Lip Sync Battle Renewed

Lip Sync Battle is going for Round 2: Spike TV has renewed its star-studded competition series for a 20-episode second season, it was announced Wednesday.

Adapted from Jimmy Fallon’s recurring Tonight Show game, Lip Sync Battle pits A-list celebrities against each other as they mouth the lyrics to famous songs. Its April 2 series premiere drew 2.2 million total viewers, giving Spike its largest audience ever for an unscripted series debut.

Lip Sync Battle is a television and viral rock star for Spike,” network president Kevin Kay said in a statement. “We are thrilled to be renewing Lip Sync Battle whose success is a direct result of the brilliance and creativity of our producers, the brave performers, and of course the coolest new duo on television, LL Cool J and Chrissy Teigen.”

Season 2 of Lip Sync Battle will debut in 2016. Below, check out the memorable “sing”-off between Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt. (You’ll never hear “Wrecking Ball” the same way again.)

1. lacimarie says:

NBC was so stupid to pass on this show.

Then again, I expect nothing less from NBC.

• Wordsmith says:

They had already passed by the time Jimmy Fallon’s clips really started going viral on youtube. It seems so obvious now, though. How could a show like this NOT be amazing?

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Wonder if Beth Behrs of 2 Broke Girls should be on that show because she’s a talented singer in real life.

3. Wordsmith says:

It would be nice if they took some time over the hiatus to figure out how to use Chrissy Teigen. I find that her presence actively detracts from my enjoyment most of the time she appears on screen. She pulls focus rather than playing up what is happening on stage.

4. Ethel says:

I watched an episode of this just because. I was hooked after the first show. This is funnier than a lot of so called comedies on air today and it has become one of my favorites. Right up there with Who’s Line.

5. Jenn says:

I was surprised by how much I love this show though I really can’t stand Chrissy Teigen and they need to work on their editing.. Very obvious edits. But overlooking that they’re getting great stars who just let it all hang out. I laugh every single episode! Glad we’re getting more!

6. Ray Metcalfe says:

what was the name of the song by a female artist,that Terry Crews lip synced on episode 5. He battled Mike Tyson