Ratings: NCIS: LA Slips to Series Low

NCIS LA Ratings Low

CBS’ yet-to-be-renewed NCIS: Los Angeles this Monday drew 8.7 million total viewers and a 1.4 rating, slipping 7 percent and two tenths and hitting a series low in the demo.

Opening the Eye’s night, 2 Broke Girls (7.4 mil/1.9) and Mike & Molly (8 mil/1.9) each ticked up a tenth, while Scorpion (10.4 mil/2.1) rose 9 percent and two tenths (and averaged an “A-” grade) with its freshman finale.

Elsewhere….

NBC | The Voice (10.3 mil/2.5) slipped 14 percent to tie its series low for a Monday outing; The Night Shift (5.5 mil/1.3) was steady.

ABC | Dancing With the Stars (13.1 mil/2.0) slipped two tenths, while a “conversation-stirring” Castle (8.4 mil/1.4) ticked up in audience but dipped a tenth in the demo.

FOX | Gotham (4.3 mil/1.5) matched last week’s series low; The Following (3.4 mil/1.2) ticked up.

THE CW | The Originals (1.3 mil/0.5) rose 27 percent and a tenth, while Jane the Virgin (1.1 mil/0.4) was flat. (Versus a year ago’s Star-Crossed/Tomorrow People line-up, The CW was up 38 and 67 percent.)

1. Mr. Tran K says:

What a great season finale for Scorpion and I can’t wait to find out what’s next for Walter and Co. in Season Two. MORE McPHEE-VER.

• Badpenny says:

Scorpion has turned into poorly-written emotional dribble that no one on the Scorpion team would actually watch. All science and reason are thrown out the window to try and add emotional drama.
      Firemen would have descended down the hill on both sides of the vehicle and then traversed over once they were at the proper level. Then they would have attached stabilizing cables to the vehicle to keep it from rolling down the hill while they tried to extricate Walter. They would not just sit there while Happy shoots needles out of a water hose to puncture an oil pan. All emotional drivel, no logic.
      Even the ending with Cabe. I like Cabe, but you have all these young, healthy twenty-something firemen sitting around so you put the oldest person on the end of the crane to hold Walter? Seriously? I get that they needed Cabe to do something “cool” in the episode but not everyone needs to do something cool every episode.
      The show needs a little more rational MacGyver and a lot less Peyton Place, IMO. I have no problem with all the relationships, but I do have a problem when supposedly smart people do things in very stupid ways simply to add emotional drama.

• Jake says:

EXACTLY – couldn’t have said it better. I watch with my wife and she complains when I say similar comments while we watch, so I keep quiet. If you remember the 70’s TV series “Emergency”, they used to do repel rescues all the time. I told my wife, on that show they’d have saved Walter in fifteen minutes, within commercial breaks…

2. kmw says:

Good for Scorpion. Not good numbers for Gotham and even though Following went up I still do not see it coming back. Got to wonder how Castle is going to do next week after that episode

3. Rachel says:

I’m honestly curious to see if anyone agrees/disagrees with some things I’ve read on other sites – the opinion that NCIS:LA would do better if they stopped doing so many Callen centric episodes.

Not necessarily my opinion (though I wouldn’t say no to more Deeks episodes) but wanted to see what others thought.

• cerelon says:

Callen and Hetty and the best reason to watch NCIS:LA

• Larc says:

I don’t think the main fault is Callen as it is too much silly byplay between characters that does absolutely nothing to advance the storyline. Sometimes it happens when there are pressing matters that need to be attended to right away. Silliness between Eric and Nell did that last night, IMO. Writers should learn that less can definitely be more.

• m3rcnate says:

Here’s the thing…almost all network TV shows that do a case an episode are boring as frak to me. The cases are throw always, written for the lowest common denominator American…they are super easy to solve (90% of the time the “bad guy” is the most recognizable actor/actress) and due to time constraints (and average writing) the plot is shallow, lacking in complexity or realism.
        So, what does that leave me with? Why then do i watch NCIS LA for example? Well i do like the characters quite a bit, but i really really like Deeks, Kensi, and Densi. Im a huge fan of the actor and actress (Eric and Daniela) and i think Densi is one of the best (if not the best) “ships” on TV in regards to their chemistry. What i give props to NCIS:LA for is for actually pulling the trigger on Densi (unlike NCIS which wont change a thing and never pulled the trigger with Tony). We are still yet to see on if they break them up anytime soon (i’d be pissed) or if they keep them together.
        As for Nell and Eric…they actually are pretty cute and if that was to actually happen id “ship” that, but i agree the silliness if going basically no where did take up a bit too much screen time.
        I feel like what could really really benefit this show is them being given an end date. For the network to say “You guys have 3 more seasons, write accordingly”. Instead of being open ended where they have to stretch everything and make decisions SOOOO slowly because they want everything to be a slow burn cause they dont want to burn through all their ideas and then have 4 more seasons to write. Give them an end date so they can get out a white board and write checkpoints for the characters and certain plots. Knowing you have 3 seasons left can help them know exactly when and where to do Densi development, Callen finding out his family stuff and name etc.

• Q says:

Agree, Densi is one think, what keep me watch it.
          Callen & Hetty is on my black list.
          Specialy Hetty, after her selfish fiasco with Afghanistan, when almost all team get kill.
          “…given an end date.”
          Well, that is my 2 years old words.
          Because without that, they will tease us how much is possible.
          But CBS newer give them that, because NCIS LA is huge money maker….
          Is all only about money, fans is for them just like…. “f…k them”
          Funy thinks is, The Mentalist was set from start to max 6 series, season 7 was only bonus for loyal fans.
          And that was great from studio to fans.
          But here….money.

• Lisa says:

I don’t think it helps that there are rumors of it not being renewed. Some bail upon hearing it, although I’m with it to the end. I enjoy NCIS: LA

4. Matthew Weber says:

Is there a risk that NCIS LA won’t be picked up for another season? That’d be a shame. I like it more than the original and WAY more than NCIS NOLA. And to think it only has lost because of its move to Monday.

• Mr. Tran K says:

NCIS: LA isn’t going anywhere Matthew. Still a good chance it should get renewed when the news comes out within days and if it does, CBS may have to decide whether or not the series will move to another night even though the move to Mondays wasn’t good enough to go up against Castle in the 10 p.m. Monday night time slot.

• ZacheryD says:

try putting NCIS:NO on Monday at 10, then you will really see low ratings.

• Grey says:

I agree.

I don’ t think it’s in any danger at all of getting cancelled but I do think CBS is rethinking their decision to move it to Monday at 10PM. While it has done better than most shows CBS has put up against “Castle” (“H5O,” “Intelligence,” etc.) it hasn’t exactly left it in the dust *and* it had much, much better numbers when paired with the original “NCIS.” “NCIS-NOLA” hasn’t really benefited from being paired with “NCIS” and what’s worse, I think it’s far more dependent on it than “LA” ever was. So what to do with “NCIS-LA?” Leave it where it is? Put it back behind “NCIS”? Or try moving it to yet another time slot?

5. s lee says:

not enuff story or little lady interaction and way too much shootem up bang bang filler

6. Sąd przyznaje Panu B również dodatkowe wynagrodzenie, ponieważ Pan A przez rok
    korzystał z całej nieruchomości bezumownie.

7. Kate says:

Last nights NCISLA felt weird like it was written by someone unfamiliar with the show. There was too much goofiness. Usually one set of characters will have some banter but last night it seemed like they were trying to do a comedy in the beginning.

8. Mr. Tran K says:

#KeepBeckettForSeason8

9. jsm says:

I think NCIS:LA could use more promotional support and tighter stories. The cases frequently are weak which make it less interesting. I don’t think it has to do whose character is featured. They waste a lot of time and could burn through more material. The cases on NCIS just seem tighter and frequently have an emotional punch, that said I thought last episode was better than most.

10. Cam says:

NCIS: LA is suffering from low ratings because they moved it against Castle. Put it in a better time slot and it will do much better.

11. Pat says:

I have watched NCIS LA since the beginning and I will continue to watch because it is a good show. CBS please do not cancel this show. Also, I was going to watch Castle On Demand today, but decided to skip it after reading the review done by Matt and all the comments and it truly sounded like a dud. Castle is really starting to go down the “Jump The Shark ” scenario and that is really sad because I really enjoyed watching this show.

12. c-mo says:

IMHO, last night’s episode of NCIS:LA was the worst of the series. The banter between both “couples” was very stilted and awkward, even the acting seemed odd. Typically I like the Callen-centric episodes but after watching off the DVR, I had no qualms about deleting it; it was way less than satisfying.

13. amyabn says:

I thought last nights episode was one of the best balanced in recent memory. We got everyone in on the action. I think the promo did the episode an injustice because the promos were Callen focused vs. team focused. They finally had some continuity with open storylines (the IA investigation, Joelle, etc) which has been sorely lacking. I loved the banter between all the partners (well, Eric was a little weird). I’d like them to get back to more undercover stories (and all the crazy characters they pull off) vs. the crime of the week. Still my favorite show.

• Q says:

“I don’t think CBS does a good job promoting it. They are late posting promos and sneak peeks, I don’t see many ads either. I hope they get a renewal notice soon.”
      Haha… check promos, and episode infos from NCIS or NCIS NO.
      Sometimes no promo, no info about guest, no photos, or very late….
      NCIS LA is in this PR at best position, compare with NCIS and NCIS NO.
      Cast from NCIS LA do much more interviews, than those two together.

14. The Squatch says:

I’m hoping that the current story line with Deeks leads to him losing his job with the LAPD but only because I think he should just become a full-fledged agent already. I remember a few seasons ago Hetty offered him an already filled out and pre-approved application for when he was ready to become an agent. All he had to do was sign it. I am surprised he still hasn’t done it by now and I hope they touch on it again and don’t just forget all about that.

• hud says:

Why is Granger always around? Way to much inane blather between all the cast. Is Nell gay? Why do you park 2 blocks from a suspect, get out yell federal agents, and have a foot pursuit every week? Understand this is not Masterpiece Theater but really story lines have gotten old. Commando Kensi really? Answer the Callen mystery. Who’s his daddy? Yes I watch, can’t help myself…

15. Chloe says:

I would love to see NCIS:LA moved back to its Tuesday timeslot. It’s such a great show and being put in basically the worst timeslot ever on Mondays isn’t helping CBS

16. suzybel58 says:

I never could get into this show, I like NCIS and NCIS New Orleans much better. I like Deeks but he has become annoying.

17. snappy says:

Never got into NCIS: Los Angeles. Not even close to being “real.”

18. njartist says:

NCIS LA is one of my favorite shows and hopefully CBS will be smart enough to renew it.
    There is still much life in that series. I enjoy the characters and the banter between them.
    I also think that the story lines are much than NCIS NOLA. That is also very enjoyable
    but it is still getting its sea legs. I would like to see more crossovers between the various
    NCIS shows. To answer 2 questions posed by comments-no Nell is not gay and Granger
    it seems is NCIS director of West Coast operations thus making him an assistant director.
    I also hope that both POI & Elementary make the cut for next year. Last nights POI
    opened up a whole new bunch of story possibilities. Elementary keeps on getting better
    with each season.

19. Joseph Jones says:

LL Cool J on NCIS is, well rather repulsive with his bloated head from use of illegal steroids. His acting barely rates a D. His tough guy act is boring beyond forgivable. The show trivializes the most extreme, brutal torture. It has almost nothing to credit it’s existence beyond the superlative acting of Linda Hunt.

That persons accept an actor who made his living writing and recording rap songs instructing listeners to murder cops who now plays the part of super hero ex-military special forces crime fighter extraordinaire says much about the intelligence level of the average NCIS-LA fan. Gullible, much? It’s nice the Navy apparently never tests NCIS Special Agents for illegal drug use.

Taking bets now on date when this pathetic “actor” is admitted to the hospital for heart condition resulting from his abuse of illegal steroids.

• njartist says:

Well excuse me all over!!. Bloated head, illegal use of steroids, rap against cops? What’s
      next on your list. LL Cool J plays a character on NCIS LA and quite frankly I think that he
      does a fine job. You ask, gullible , much? No I am not and neither are other viewers of NCIS
      LA. You do not have to like him ,care for his acting or watch the show but this rant against
      him is ridiculous and rude to boot.

20. So NCIS are to kill off another character. Must be the most danerous agency in the world to work for……

21. What happen to Rizzoli and Isles?