Jon Stewart's Daily Show Exit Date Set

Save the (sad) date: Jon Stewart announced on Monday’s Daily Show that he will depart as host on Thursday, Aug. 6.

“I will be wearing a suit, I will more than likely be showered,” he joked to the bummed-out audience.

Stewart, who will be succeeded by comedian Trevor Noah (whose launch date remains TBD, announced in February that he was stepping down after 16 years.

1. hud says:

A great loss for the American people. The only trusted news source since Walter Cronkite. I weep for our future..

• Tom says:

I agree with everything you said 100%.

• Angela says:

I’m seriously going to miss him as the 2016 election craziness ramps up. Fortunately, Colbert will be back to replace Letterman later this year, but I’ll still miss his political take on the election, too. Definitely going to enjoy these last three plus months with Jon while we’ve got them.
      Sigh. Thank goodness for John Oliver.

2. Lamont says:

Find out how to look like a fitness model using these
    4 simple tips below. Movara Fitness Resort and Spa offers unforgettable hiking, fun and engaging fitness and exercise
    classes, incredible food and life changing education. Warming up your muscles prior
    to an intense exercise workout is an important step to
    incorporate in your fitness program.

3. TV Gord says:

I’m stilling processing losing Dave after 35 years! I can;t deal with this yet. Too much TV trauma. At least there’s Stephen Colbert in the fall. I look forward to Trevor, too. I think he’s going to surprise many of us! I embrace the future, but forgive me for clinging to the past.

• AnnieM says:

Gord, we must be about the same age – do you remember Dave’s morning show on NBC as well? TV will be so strange without Dave. I’ll give Colbert a shot, but I do like both Fallon and Kimmel already. Who I watch will most likely be determined by their guest list on any given night.

4. Mr. Tran K says:

Will tune in August 6th for Jon Stewart’s final episode on The Daily Show. Hope Trevor Noah’s new gig is going to sink like the Titanic.

• Maggie says:

I agree about Noah. Why did they pick someone who has bombed each time he’s been on The Daily Show? The only thing Noah has going for him is that he’s good looking, which isn’t really important for the job. I watched his standup on YouTube and didn’t find him funny.

• AddieM says:

Anyone they picked was never going to be good enough for everyone. Trevor will do fine, he is hilarious and not afraid to push the boundaries. High time we have some diversity on these late night shows!

5. Lois says:

Best news guy out there. A voice of reason that I will very much miss!

6. Sara says:

It is a true loss for evening talk shows, he is truly intelligent, passionate and hilarious. He will be missed.