Forever: 12 Things to Know About the Episode That Reveals Abigail's Fate

Tuesday’s Forever (ABC, 10/9c) brings Dr. Henry Morgan to the point he’s longed for/feared for decades: the moment when he finds out exactly what happened to his missing wife, Abigail.

TVLine has seen the pivotal episode, and while of course we’re not going to tell you what became of Abe’s mom, we wanted to give you Foreverists a taste of what the hour holds. So, without further ado:

PHOTOS May Sweeps/Finale Preview: 100+ Scoops and Pics From Your Fave Shows, Including Forever

* Remember the name “Sylvia Blake.” It’ll prove important.

* Though Abigail was in her later years when she disappeared, flashbacks give both of her portrayers (Mackenzie Mauzy and Janet Zarish) plenty of screen time.

* We get a definitive status update on Jo and Isaac’s relationship.

RELATED May Sweeps Scorecard 2015: Weddings, Deaths, Breakups, Sex, Resurrections, Firings and More!

* Hellebore: If you don’t know what it is, Google it.

* Henry and Jo discuss that moment in the antiques shop from the last episode, and the conversation ends with a loaded look.

* Reece gets a little sneaky. It’s a subtle sneaky, but it’s sneaky nonetheless.

RELATED TVLine Items: John Noble on Forever Finale and More

* Someone gets an introduction to Henry’s downstairs lab.

* Hanson does something that likely will make his wife want to strangle him.

* Lucas says this to Henry: “You’re a beautiful man. Just when I thought you’d peaked, you take it to a whole new level.” But why?

* At one point, Jo raises her voice to Henry and demands to know who Abigail was “to you.”

* We get a glimpse of Jo in her apartment after hours when someone shows up on her doorstep.

* Prepare yourselves, guys: Henry is wrong (!) about something of crucial importance (!!) to the plot.

Got guesses about what’s what above? Log your suspicions/predictions in the comments!

1. Didn’t this already air in Canada last night? heh.

• amy says:

It did yes because a Canadian broadcast network airs it after Gotham on Monday. I really enjoy this show, and this episode was great(imo) I just wish the ratings were better.

2. Ally says:

I watched it last night it was GREAT! Will watch it again tonight!

3. Mare says:

Thank you! But no Abe teasers?? Love Henry’s son too!

4. Carolinagirl says:

Everything I read seems to indicate Forever will not be returning for a second season. That would be a shame. This is a great show!

5. Britt says:

I sooo don’t want them to be together. Why can’t it be a buddy cop show? It’d certainly be rare to have someone with a penis and someone with a vagina just be great friends.

• Nitemar says:

LOL! That’s what I thought too about Mulder and Scully on The X-Files, but after a while I thought, hmm, their chemistry and go to waste, and so, last time I heard, the x-files are making an encore! I know, it’s not the same, but I know what you’re saying. :)

• Katherine215 says:

I actually think they have nice chemistry together. But I agree with you in theory; I’d really prefer to see Ichabod and Abbie stay friends on Sleepy Hollow and that probably won’t happen either.

• Badpenny says:

I feel the opposite. There are enough buddy cop shows out there. I would rather see one where the people are in relationships rather then watch one where 11 Seasons in only 1 minor character has gotten married. Yes, NCIS, I am looking at you. :)
      Jo’s a single cop and Henry is a single ME. There is no reason why they cannot date – other then the fact that the writing gods want to drag it out for 5-6 years first.

• Britt says:

Please tell me what shows you’re watching. Where there are absolutely no long lovey-dovey looks.

I know I stopped watching the aforementioned NCIS when there was too much Tony/Ziva stuff and I cringed through the first pregnancy of Brennen on Bones, then gave up on it at the christening scene.

They should be like Garcia and Morgan on Criminal Minds.

• Badpenny says:

You think every cop show over the last 20 years had the officers hooking up? Go back and watch all those Seasons of all the Law and Orders, to name but 1 show – and you have already mentioned Criminal Minds. Not every cop show is Castle and Bones. There are far more partners who never hooked-up then who eventually did.

• 123 says:

I sure hope they renew this show.

6. Stacie says:

Sounds awesome can’t wait!!

7. N says:

Thanks Kim! I love #Forever and am hoping it gets renewed!

8. BeeBop says:

Love Love Love this show!!! I sure hope it gets renewed – it reminds me a lot of New Amsterdam which was cancelled so abruptly a few years ago – love the chemistry with ALL the cast!

• Georgia Madman says:

I was a New Amsterdam fan, too. Loved that show and love this show. Hoping for a renewal. Maybe Castle doesn’t get renewed due to NF/SK and Forever takes its place I’d trade castle for Forever.

9. ER1986 says:

I saw it last night, and it is heartbreaking

10. ljd213 says:

Long shot, Abigail shows up at Jo’s door. No clue if that’s right but I’ll throw that in.

11. lizo says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW. I *really* want it to get renewed.

12. Juan says:

I’m excited for this episode. This show has really been pretty good and caught me totally by surprise. I’ve really grown attached to it which is sad cause it might not come back.

13. Peg Smola says:

When will Forever’s 2nd season begin??? Can’t wait!!! Keep writing! Great SHOW!!

14. Bob castagnera says:

I love this show. I can’t believe it is in any danger of being canceled.