Ratings: Last Man and Cristela Finales Tick Down, Messengers Opens Low

Cristela Cancelled Renewed

ABC’s Last Man Standing on Friday night wrapped Season 4 with 6.2 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, down a tenth week-to-week and off three tenths from its previous finale.

Cristela‘s freshman closer then drew 4.9 mil and a 0.9, down one tenth. (ABC notes that TV usage this Friday was down 8 percent during the 8 o’clock hour.) Come 9 pm, Shark Tank (6.5 mil/1.5) was steady.

Over on The CW, Cedric’s Barber Battle debuted to 830,000 viewers and a 0.2 rating, down sharply from the Whose Line rerun (1.3 mil/0.4) that filled the time slot a week ago. Whose Line Is It Anyway? itself returned to 1.1 mil/0.4, down 33 percent from its last fresh outing. The Messengers bowed to 1.2 mil/0.3, down a tenth from Hart of Dixie‘s final Friday premiere and finale. (TVLine readers gave the supernatural drama an average grade of “C+.”)

CBS’ two-hour Amazing Race averaged 5.5 mil/1.1, steady week-to-week…. NBC’s Grimm (4.5 mil/1.0) dipped 6 percent and a tenth.

1. Mr. Tran K says:

I’ll be disappointed if both Last Man Standing & Cristela get renewed.

• JB says:

Why be disappointed if two shows you don’t like (and therefor probably don’t watch) get renewed?

That comes under the heading: Watch another of the 200 channels!

• Mr. Tran K says:

What are you complaining about JB? Hate when people complain about things especially towards “strangers” you don’t know who they are.

• Keith says:

He is complaining about someone complaining about a show being renewed and they don’t watch the show-just change the channel.I ,myself,don’t care if shows I don’t watch get renewed

• JB Smooove says:

Don’t worry about feeding this troll. Some people are so sad in their personal lives that the only thing that comes out of their mouths is negativity.

2. thisismenow says:

Going to miss Cristela on Friday nights. The writing is on the wall, but the show is Friday night fun.

3. Boiler says:

So why didn’t CW….aw forget it! Just make HoD summer show

4. Daya says:

It doesn’t help that DirecTV doesn’t carry the CW–at least not in my area, anyway. (I found it on demand and went to watch it on my computer, but the episode was gone the following day–now I have to watch it on CWTV.com, probably with commercials.)

I know fans of shows like the Vampire Diaries will heartily disagree, but I don’t even think CW should be on the air anymore. I often wonder how they get the ratings and the financial incentive from the advertisers to even stay alive.

• LT says:

Yeah, go away…The CW has some of the best shows on the air.

• Daya says:

But my question is, would they survive on other networks? They’re not really the best if they wouldn’t survive without the CW–and I don’t think some of them would.

5. erika says:

Last Man Standing,Cristela and The Messengers are dead,dead and dead.RIP Last Man,Cristela and TM Its daytime saving times course strikes again!!!

6. CJ says:

I don’t think the CW had much faith in The Messengers. I saw maybe one preview for it, whereas I couldn’t escape the constant iZombie promos for nearly a month. Coupled with a Friday night debut…it wasn’t gonna be pretty.

7. Laura C says:

We watch Last Man Standing & Shark Tank on ABC but I turn it to something else for the 30 mins Cristela is on- don’t like the show at all. After Shark Tank though I have to switch over to CBS for my NEVER-MISS Blue Bloods.

8. John Davis says:

The Messengers deserved more.

9. Wtactualf says:

I need Cristela to be renewed!

10. Carla Krae says:

Last Man Standing is fine. They’ve done 86 eps, meaning only 14 left for 100 and full syndication price. ABC won’t pass that up.

11. Chris says:

Love watching Last Man Standing and Cristela please don’t cancel them.

12. Jasmine says:

Please keep this show go on .The show has a voice for all Latino

• Mariah Moreno says:

Completely agree. I was so happy when they started this show. I will.miss it if it gets cancelled

13. Jasmine says:

Give cristela one more chance

14. LINA MORENO says:

I really hope Cristella does come back for another season. I couldn’t wait until Friday night to watch this show. Made me crack up so much. I could completely relate to Chris and her family. I thought it was awesome. We need more comedies like tbis one.
    GO CHRIS!!!

15. Sharon Bourque says:

I loved the Messengers. Favorite show on TV. Now I have to watch it over & over on Netflix. Please make it a Netflix series or put it back on regular cable..please please!!! Need something to watch….I hate any type of reality tv..I dont care who gets kick out of what or who gets a rose!!!