ESPN's Britt McHenry Suspended After Bullying Parking Attendant on Camera

Britt McHenry

ESPN reporter Britt McHenry has been suspended for one week, following the release of her shocking on-camera confrontation with a parking attendant.

In case you missed the initial news, footage of McHenry verbally abusing a parking attendant made its way around the Internet on Thursday morning — and it was ugly.

Among other nasty remarks, McHenry asked the attendant, “Do you feel good about your job? So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing?” She then proceeded to ask, “Maybe if I was missing some teeth they would hire me, huh?”

McHenry concluded the heated exchange by saying, “I’m on television and you’re in a f—ing trailer, honey. Lose some weight, baby girl.” (Yeah… she’s kind of an awful person.)

She released the following “apology” several hours after the video went viral:

In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things. As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road. I am so sorry for my actions and will learn from this mistake.

Watch McHenry’s full, NSFW tirade below, then drop a comment with your thoughts. Is a one-week suspension enough of a punishment for her outrageous behavior?

• Nellie May says:

Im not defending her, but those people that work at towing companies are horrible people. This McHenry seems like an awful person, but I wonder what the woman behind the counter was saying…her words are edited out. She should be fired, but towing agencies stink!

• I didn’t watch the video, I have no patience for that stuff. I don’t like towing agencies either. They’re basically people who are hired by the government to legally steal cars and hold them for ransom. Even if it means stranding someone who happened to park in a poorly marked, unlit loading zone at night. At the same time, while I would be angry and frustrated, I would never Hulk out at someone just doing their job. I will never be that teenage girl throwing a tantrum at McDonald’s. So you don’t like pickles. Either pick them off or go home and make it yourself.

• Dude says:

Maybe you should just not park in illegal zones? Just a thought.

• Charlie from Revolution STINKS!!! says:

^^^^ THIIS!!!!

• Belle says:

AMEN – just because she is a TV personality (I use that term loosely) doesn’t give her a membership to act and say whatever the heck she want to people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Follow the rules chickie, change your attitude now or you might find yourself working at the towing company :)

• Pedro says:

You are defending her. You don’t know the “other” people.

• Kendra says:

You said “Those people that work at towing companies are horrible people.” Are you sure they are “horrible people” or are they people in need of keeping their jobs despite working for a “horrible company?” The woman behind the counter most likely gets crabbed at all day, has heard it all before and just wanted to complete the transaction without incident. No one should ever attack an employee because of an employer’s rules. When unhappy with a company or service take it to management. It’s why they get paid the big bucks.

• canadian ninja says:

In pretty blonde years a week is like FOREVER!!!!!

1. M says:

I can’t believe she noticed she was on camera (at least based on how the video was edited), then still continued to disgustingly abuse the worker. She seems to be an awful person.

2. Bob Backus says:

One week? Really? I don’t know her from the worms in my garden, but someone that egotistical should get more of a lesson than that. Where’s the sensitivity training etc. She needs a month off to learn that all she is is a bimbo sports reporter (and I’m using the term bimbo for all sports reporters- the least necessary scum of the earth).

• Gabby says:

This was an uncomfortable video to watch, but the expression “don’t know her from worms in my garden” made it worth it. That’s my favorite phrase :-)

3. Cassandra says:

Wow, what a b*tch. I wouldn’t treat a dog the way she treated that lady. What is wrong with people?

4. nicki smith says:

I don’t believe her apology…..she spoke her true thoughts and feelings.

5. Alyse says:

Only a week, seriously?

6. Catspaw says:

Gross waste of space.

7. dj says:

Just another bimbo who thinks she’s a goddess. Get over yourself. You CAN be replaced and probably should be.

8. How about some context? I haven’t seen one story that tells WHY the argument happened and the video doesn’t show what led up to it.

9. James D says:

People like this disgust me, their self righteous, self indulgent trash. you’re going to insult someone because you have to wait a few extra minutes to get you freaking car what a you know what. I also find it amusing that she accuses the poor lady of being a college drop out when in all likelihood she has her job based more on the way she looks as appose to her intellect which i personally doubt she has. ESPN should be ashamed of themselves do they honestly think a week suspension will teach this jerkface anything, she got off easy. Sorry for such a negative comment but this kind of stuff really makes my blood boil, show a little common decency, it costs you nothing to show a little kindness.

• jordan says:

I couldn’t agree more. This girl reminds me of many girls. They’re disgusting, spoiled, brats. They think they are better than everyone else and can treat people horrible because they’re somewhat successful or pretty. She did only get the job bc she’s pretty; as do most women on these sports channels. They’re not smarter than anyone else. They just want someone who is pretty bc guys watch these channels. Girls like her are never kind. More like fake kindness at best. They’re just fake.

• Cassie says:

Except Linda Cohn. She was the original “girl in the boys room” at ESPN. She knows her stuff.

• SoFla says:

Agreed. Linda Cohn is fabulous. She knows her stuff, is interesting in how she presents the sports news and IMO can back up anything. The woman was a hockey goalie – heck, she just tried out to be the Panthers’ backup goalie …. balls, the woman has huge ones and keeps her nose clean to boot. The original, cannot be duplicated.

• Ann says:

Well said !!!!!

10. Marci says:

She should have been fired. What an ugly woman. I’ll be watching for her when I have on ESPN, so I’ll know when to change the channel.

11. Kelly says:

I will change the channel when she is on!

12. Ed says:

#FreeSimmons

13. Dan says:

LOL. Sure. An apology from the barbie doll after the whole thing exploded on her face. Yeah, so very sincere… Where I live, people would be fired for less than that, not stay away for a week in the thinking corner.

14. Pam Diaz says:

What a disgusting excuse for a human being. I can understand being frustrated or mad about something, but her level of condescension is appalling. ESPN should fire her.

15. Beatrice says:

What an ugly person, both inside and out.

16. Lois Potasch says:

People with a sense of entitlement always apologize when they “get caught”. Saying things like “that really isn’t me, isn’t how I feel, etc.” Well, “honey”, it is you – you have the hate in you in order to spew it out. @ESPN should be ashamed that they only gave this hater a one-week suspension – probably because she is a good looking woman that their male-majority viewers are attracted. I bet they would have given a longer suspension or fire the “man” who got caught doing the same thing. I might be wrong, but I doubt it. (Yes, I am a woman AND an avid ESPN viewer).

17. Regina says:

ESPN should have her at the copy desk, not on camera. She’s disgraced the station.

18. Chase says:

Bitch should be fired!

19. Angela says:

She sounds utterly charming. Yeesh.
    You know, if I were in charge of the world, I would love to make it so that EVERYONE was required, at some point, to work a public/customer service job of some kind, even if only for a week or so. Maybe then people would be a little more understanding and sympathetic to those who do work those jobs for a living.
    Anyway, hopefully she does learn something from this and adjusts her attitude accordingly.

20. Bwhit says:

This shows her true colors and they aren’t very pretty. I looked online at some clips of her and she has nothing to be cocky about. Her behavior is disgraceful and her half hearted apology did her no favors!

21. Et al says:

She really shouldn’t look down on other peoples’ jobs. She might develop a knee problem and find herself without any job at all.

22. Rich says:

She should be fired

23. rachelle says:

Wow. She is a real See You Next Tuesday for sure. I’m so disgusted. And her apology is as real as Iggy Azalea’s butt. A one week suspension is a freaking joke. People like her will never learn when all they get is a slap on the wrist. 😒😒

24. Brad says:

wow, what a piece of human garbage. when u speak to someone like this it’s showing the true person you are inside and all of your nastiness.

25. Kim Simcoe says:

This woman is an absolute embarrassment to the network and should be let go immediately. I would like this sportscaster to apologize in person, to this woman in the booth because she was so degraded and hurt and it was a completely belittling experience. Britt is fortunate to be on television and look the way she does and she should know better than act in such a terrible, egotistical manner!

26. qj201 says:

That was not a momentary lapse of composure…she’s just a b****

• KDHarris says:

I agree, that’s not the first time she’s “gone off” on someone. We should really strive to NOT judge folk on what they look like or where they work. For all we know, Britt McHenry could have slept her way to her current position or bought her looks and the woman being insulted, could have a degree in business management or her family could own a chain of towing companies!! You just never know…

27. aboise says:

When we are angry who we really are comes out. We are only sorry because we got caught. If this didn’t go public she probably wouldn’t feel bad about her conduct.

28. Kmz says:

Fire her snotty ass. Is anyone going to watch her & be able to relate to her after this? She thinks she’s better than everyone else.

29. Musicfan5 says:

Her behavior on the video is disgusting. She appears to be an awful person. In addition to that one week suspension, ESPN needs to enroll her in some sensitivity training. As on-air “talent” (and I’m using the word talent loosely) she does represent the ESPN brand in public. For this reason, she needs to be more accountable for her actions.

30. Malu says:

Bad hair day!

31. jond says:

Do you think for a moment her apology is sincere. If you have any respect for the people with these jobs that have to put up with snobs like Britt Mchenry, don’t support ESPN. This woman will have to live with these insults a lot longer than a week. I can promise it will not be easy for this woman. Britt McHenry is a nasty disrespectful human. You don’t just lose you’re cool and say the things she said if those things are not how you feel. She believes she is above people because she is on T.V. so why hasn’t she been brought back to earth and fired?

32. Paul says:

She needs to be fired. That wasn’t bullying, that was flat out abuse. She knew she was on camera and didn’t care, this woman has no business in the field of journalism at all.

33. Ellen Bruso says:

Her apology was bullcrap. She didn’t seem stressed, she just seemed rude, ignorant and condescending.

34. fahdito says:

that’s why you never judge a book by its cover .. underneath all that makeup and facade is a very ugly person.
    This is the full video of what happened

• nelly2004 says:

She sounded like a snobby mean girl in high schoo. She didn’t apologize to the person she insulted, She apologized to get herself out of hot water. tip Britt
      When you are abusive and mean and act like you are above people it makes even the most attractive person look downright ugly. You need to learn some compassion and change your heart. Your apology is hollow.

35. shawn says:

Regardless whether it’s a towing company or not her true colors came out. She thinks just because she’s on TV and she’s a college grad that the world owes her something. Personally I think a one week suspension is not enough. Arrogant little people like that is one thing that’s wrong with the world today. It also goes to show you that the stupid commercials for people saying let’s stop bullying is stupid because you have to deal with it every day of your life even as an adult you have to deal with it so deal with it and move on. All you can do is hope that karma comes back on those people and kicks them in the butt

36. cjeffery7 says:

um, WHOOOAAAAA. that’s some Class 5A Mean Girl stuff right there. regardless of whether or not the parking attendant was being rude,it takes practice and thought to insult a person that way.

37. luke says:

You know she a beast in the sack.

38. Derek Tyre says:

wow, she’s on TV! Your IQ has to be sky high to do that and her job has nothing to do with her appearance. Right. Her comments sound like those of a 13 year old or someone who is not all that swift…..

39. scott walker says:

No ma’am she shouldn’t apologize. She’s angry. Most of what I heard were indeed facts. Suspended from a job which she does welland attractive to boot. If a policy stated she couldn’t speak to humans that way then yes suspend her.

40. I don’t understand the comments regarding “towing” companies. The article posted on FB says the lady was a “parking” attendant. Surely the parking attendant didn’t TOW the reporter’s car? The reporter’s comments attacking the attendants Personal appearance was totally uncalled for and beyond rude. ESPN and Britt McHenry (whoever she is) should definitely apologize!!!

• Yeah, I was confused by that myself. When I was younger, parking attendant was my title. I worked in a booth that charged people on their way out of a hotel. It was a pretty awful job with no real benefits and terrible hours and they never gave me my W2 while taking 20% of my wages for supposed tax withholding. Most people were nice, but a lot people were upset that they had to pay $2 because they exceeded the 15 minute grace period. Sometimes the exit gate was broken. My boss told me to just leave the gate open when I had to go to the bathroom.

41. JoAnn says:

She isn’t sorry, she is only sorry she is suspended from her job. From THIS college drop out hunny, take your apology and choke on it. Your attitude is horrendous. That is the real you hunny….thanks for showing it.

42. Kelly Robson says:

How is that an apology? She is still showing her arrogance and self centred ego as she will “take the high road” in future. She is still insulting the other party. She is ugly inside. No place on tv as she is no role model.

43. Cece says:

it is sad to see people who claim to be educated “with a brain” to treat others this way. her employer may want to invest in sending her to not only anger management courses but also emotional intelligence courses.

The parking attendant would be fired on the spot if she treated any customer the way this educated, “brainy” news person treated her……

44. Cobra says:

I think she should be fired for treating someone like that. She’s a public representative of the agency she works for…very very visibly, and whether or not she was acting on behalf of the agency in this event or not is beside the point. Public perception goes a long way and giving her only a week suspension (probably paid, too) is just not enough.

45. Jericho says:

Who in heck is this girl?

46. Lina says:

Are we supposed to like tv reporters? Wow ESPN way to pick your “talent”. This mean girl will surely draw viewers. I’m sure she is inspiring to all youth. Really her judgement reflects well on the network. Her poor parents.

47. Vincent Arias says:

one week? ONE WEEK,… ONE *%$#@!%^& WEEK!!!

48. Kathy says: