Castle Finale Mystery: Fringe Vet to Guest-Star — But as Whom?

Castle Finale

Perhaps the Castle finale takes place in an alt-universe?

Fringe vet Lance Reddick will guest-star in the ABC drama’s hush-hush Season 7 closer, an ABC rep confirms to TVLine. Details on his character — and the episode’s overall storyline — are being kept under wraps.

Castle co-star Penny Johnson Jerald unintentionally broke the Reddick casting news Wednesday when she tweeted a photo of the actor on set.

Previously, showrunner David Amann told TVLine that the finale will “focus on compelling, high-stakes story-telling surrounding Castle and Beckett mythology,” and that it’d offer a “satisfying end to the season‎.” (Reminder: Castle has not yet been renewed for an eighth season.) The episode is titled “Hollander’s Woods,” which is, of course, a reference to the “password” that Not Henry Jenkins used to earn Rick’s trust after his months-long disappearance/amnesia.

As TVLine previously scooped, the Castle finale will also feature a guest turn by CSI vet Wallace Langham.

1. Just one thing says:

Loved Fringe and happy to see Lance Reddick on the show’s season(?) finale.

2. Matthew Weber says:

As long as the season doesn’t end on a cliff hanger I’ll be happy with anything they come up with. Probably.

• Badpenny says:

I believe they already said the season would be ending on a Cliffhanger. I am certain I read it in one of the interviews.

• Matthew Weber says:

I saw that too, and it makes me extremely anxious. Though I hope that they wouldn’t do such a thing if they didn’t expect it to be picked up for another season.

• Badpenny says:

Well, this Friday is the last day of filming on Castle, and negotiations with Nathan and Stana could take weeks – as it is not just ABC who needs to agree to bring the series back: everyone’s 7-year contract is up. There is really no way for the writers to know one way or another so they just write and hope for the best.

• Matthew Weber says:

Seems like though, they would take the safer route and not end on a cliff hanger.

• big Castle and Bones fan says:

@badpenny

yes all the contracts are up not just the leads…..I think they have a pretty good idea by now, but it’s still in the air. them talking is not always a bad thing but I don’t see to much more of this show. it might be that they are suggestion is for a shorter season 8 to wrap all things up. which at this point i’ll take.

• KCC says:

They could shoot two different endings, one with a cliffhanger and one were everything is resolved. Which version they air will depend on the show being picked up for another season.

• Matthew Weber says:

Maybe. From what I’ve read the negotiations could lead into summer. ABC might, if they have enough confidence, just renew it anyways. Some shows in the past have done that (TBBT being the most prominent one).

• big Castle and Bones fan says:

that would be the smartest thing, i think that they really want them back and you’re right these negotiations could take awhile. depending on what is wanted form them both.

• big Castle and Bones fan says:

I don’t think they did two endings…..i think they just threw something together and that’s what we are going to get. I don’t have all that much hope in getting something that is satisfying at this point. which is a real shame.

• big Castle and Bones fan says:

@M Weber

there was a cliffhanger and then not, it was suppose to be about castle and then beckett and now it’s both…..and now it’s suppose to satisfying…..what a crock they don’t know, they didn’t know when the interviews came out, they changed it so many times, who can keep up! we just have to wait and see.

3. skrable2 says:

We haven’t met Mr. Gates yet, have we? Maybe he’s playing her husband

4. christina says:

He’s wearing a flag pin… so he has to be some sort of official.

• KCC says:

I noticed that too. Not that a person that doesn’t work for the government can’t wear a flag pin, but it’s become like a black hat back in the day of the westerns always signified a bad guy, a flag pin means a government official.

5. James D says:

Fringe was the single greatest tv series ever IMO so Lance joining my one of my other all time faves is icing on the cake. look forward to it. ABC get on that contract negotiations and give me my season 8.

6. DarkDefender says:

Oh Em Gee! This episode keeps sounding better. Total make-up for 6X23.. Let’s hope we get a season 8 (9 & 10).

7. Mr. Tran K says:

He was so great on The Wire (HBO). One of my favorite TV dramas.

8. Teri says:

The last 4 episodes are going to be great. Castle is a show I can’t live without. So many stories left to tell so Seasons 8 & 9 would be nice.

9. Luis says:

Will Stana sign is apparently the season-ending cliffhanger.