Revenge First Look: [Spoiler] Returns to the Hamptons After Circling Amanda

Revenge Mason Treadwell Spoilers

The question on every Revenge fan’s mind after Sunday’s episode (who Sharpie’d Emily Thorne Amanda Clarke?) might already have an answer.

Newly released photos from the ABC drama’s April 26 episode find Em…anda engaging in some rather suspicious behavior with a very familiar face: Mason Treadwell! Yes, Roger Bart’s character is coming out of hiding — and looking like even more of a shut-in than usual — in the final episodes of Season 4, though his exact business with Amanda remains unclear. (A book deal, perhaps?)

In case you feel like theorizing, here’s the official logline for the episode, appropriately titled “Aftermath”: “As Emily sifts through the wreckage of her life, even her closest friends worry she has finally gone too far.”

(Oh, now they’re starting to worry? Awesome.)

Meanwhile, this new batch of photos also includes a few shots of Jack (aka Amanda’s future husband) catching some rays in his bathing suit — you know, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Revenge-rs, browse the new photos below, then drop a comment: How do you hope Season 4 — and potentially the series itself — will end?

1. Katherine215 says:

Hi there, Jack.

2. wingsstef says:

Ha! She gave his exclusive away. I love this twist.

3. Victoria or the little southern bell sharpied Emily/Amanda is my guess….better not be the series finale…..and Hello Jack!

• Deleterious says:

I’m gonna say that it will almost certainly be the series finale.

The title of the last episode is “Two Graves”, which is significant for two reasons. First, it’s just ominous as hell. Second, it’s the first time in the show’s entire history that an episode has been given a two word title. Every episode from the pilot to the upcoming penultimate episode of this season – 88 of them, to be precise – has had a one word title. Season 4, Episode 23 breaks that tradition for the first (and I’m betting last) time. Also noteworthy about the season (and I believe series) finale – it’s the first time a season of Revenge has ended on a 23rd episode. The first three seasons of the show had 22 episodes each.

• Plus the title itself is indicative of an ending — “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” Confucius’ famous quote says to dig an extra grave for yourself go on a vengeance world tour ;)

• Jon says:

An 8 sideways looks like an infinity symbol and so episode 88 is like a double infinity.

• To add to this — The beginning of the very first episode also started with the Confucius quote “Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.” When I saw that, I was willing to bet my substantial collection of penguin figurines that this would be the final season. It’s a lovely tie in to the first episode and I’m glad they did it.

4. Gus says:

The las 4 episodes… sounds ominous. I do hope for a mindblowing series finale, not a Emily death but more of a maybe a set up for a follow up season where Nolan / Amanda / David / Louise become a case solving team for other Revengers or teach a new breed of Takeda students.

5. Scott says:

I still think it looked like a woman with the sharpie

• BrianR says:

How about Lydia?

• kiwirevengefan says:

It was a man’s hand. But that is irrelevant now since it looks pretty obvious Mason Treadwell is back (YAY). Also the tropical beach all fits in with where he went after they smuggled him out of prison.

6. Acquint says:

I have watched the entire series and really am a fan but I really want this series to end already! It is like watching the same argument over and over and over again.

7. Alichat says:

Seems a waste to announce the person behind your big twisty reveal in pictures to an entertainment site. I have a feeling Mason is not the sharpie owner…..and if it is him, then they really need to end this show because that’s a lame reveal.

• kiwirevengefan says:

But if you notice the hand with the red sharpie just circled Amanda in the photo. Not crossed her out. So not necessarily trying to wipe her out.

8. DavidSask says:

This show needs a 2 hour send off and end for good!

9. dee123 says:

If this is the end of the series let Jack be happy with his kid and his mom in LA.

10. DoctorWhoFanatic says:

Jack… GOD YES. He’s so beefy. YUM. ;)

11. MattySi says:

I feel like the only way this show should end is with Amanda/Emily dead. How I don’t care. I love this show and I love what Emily started fighting for. IDK really know what but it’s only way I feel this show would really have a satisfying ending. I’m sure I sound like I hate the character and I honestly don’t.

• kiwirevengefan says:

I’m inclined to agree with you. I love Emily and all she has done but I cannot see her getting a “happily ever after” ending somehow.

• Judi says:

I can. She came, got her revenge, came clean about who she really is, told Victoria it was up to her to end all this. Off into the sunset with Jack. Whatever happened in the Hamptons, stays in the Hamptons. Done.

12. REVENGE!!!!!! MY #1 favorite show. Pleeeeese don’t end it. Nuff ced!!!!

13. “REVENGE” IS MY VERY FAVORITE SHOW!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEESE DON’T CANCEL!!! My heart would be broken. Nuff ced!!!!!!!

14. cindie says:

I hope Amanda figures out how much jack loves her I wish Victoria would find someone else to fall in love with hope that David Clarke will find a r true love

15. Meg says:

I’d like to see Victoria exposed for everything she has done & have Margaux finally realise the truth ( She is the “CEO of an international media company”, so where has her curiousness for the truth gone?!!). Maybe Mason can write the book that reveals Victoria’s evil ways. It would also be good if Margaux somehow found out that Daniel had a hand in her father’s demise by feeding info to Conrad that caused him to feel cornered therefore killing Pascal- this would be a longshot since the two guilty parties are dead.
    I think it could be Mason with the red sharpie- it looks like a man’s hand and there is a glimpse of a leg under the table & it looks like a man’s leg in jeans- could be wrong though.
    Louise needs to sharpen up & attempt to right the wrong she has committed against Nolan. I don’t think she is as clueless as she seems- she did a good job of acting dumb when she helped Emily & Nolan play Margaux.
    The series may be having a major reboot with the “Two Graves” season finale title. This may be wishful thinking, but maybe this is the ending of this storyline and they are sending the show in a different, but still revengeful, direction in a 5th season…

16. Vivien Leigh says:

Love the show and twists. Hope Jack and Em finally get together. Sorry to see Vic go. Where is her sister??? Who is going to do the funeral??? Hope her father survive. They all need a happy ending….

17. grandma says:

Well ABC you did it again I stopped watching your programs when you cancelled the daytime soaps. This time since you have cancelled revenge I am completely done with your programs and will never watch anything on ABC again. Can you afford to lose even one viewer?