Exclusive

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sneak Peek: Skye Gets Some Parental Guidance

Loading video...

This week on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Skye (played by Chloe Bennet) gets a better grasp on what her gift is and isn’t, as seen in this exclusive sneak peek.

In Tuesday’s episode (ABC, 9/c), Afterlife boss lady Jiaying (played by Dichen Lachman) — who unbeknownst to Skye is her mother — invites the retreat’s very special new arrival to explore her power. But does Skye have what it takes to literally move mountains?

Elsewhere in the episode, titled “Melinda,” May’s juggling of her loyalty to Coulson and mounting valid points made by the “real” S.H.I.E.L.D.’s director Gonzales triggers flashbacks to when and how the kickass agent “earned” the nickname of “The Cavalry.”

1. Preacher Book says:

So why all the scars on Jiaying? And wasn’t she ‘killed’ when the Whitehall stripped her organs out? And does this set up his return? Would that allow Zabo to ‘forgive’ Coulson and give him another (and another, and another, and another?) chance for revenge? Questions, questions, questions.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

There is a bit of dialogue tomorrow night alluding to Jiaying’s… reassembly.

• When Cal found her, he put her together and stitched her so her powers could work and make her heal and be the person she was. The scars are just the consequence of being rip open and being stitched back again.

• acurat says:

That makes a lot of sense. I figured someone stitched her back together, only did not think it was Cal since he was claiming he killed her in an earlier episode (when he was trying to kill Whitehall)? Did he conveniently forget that he did that?

2. arial2 says:

However she got here, I’m glad Jiaying is back because I really liked her in the few scenes she played in earlier episodes. I hope she becomes a regular. She brings some peace within a group of otherwise anxiety-ridden characters. Coulson’s group could sure use her gentle, understanding nature, especially the “kids,” Leo, Jemma and Skye.

3. JB says:

When she closes her eyes in concentration with her hand raised toward the mountain, she looks like a Jedi.

4. J. says:

I’m trilled Jiaying is still alive! I already love the dynamic between her and Skye. I hope we see a lot more of her.

5. Robert Dassler says:

Like I have been saying all over the net, I want Jaiying, Lincoln and the other Inhumans to be straight-down-the-line good guys. Wary of outsiders but still willing to put themselves on the line to help those in need. In a show with so many shades of gray it would be refreshing to have some Silver Age heroism on AoS.

6. Joey Padron says:

Good sneak peek clip. Can’t wait to watch new episode tomorrow!