Scream Trailer: Watch Bella Thorne and More Victims in Action

Mark your calendars, horror buffs: June 30, 2015 is officially Scream Day.

The big announcement came Sunday during the MTV Movie Awards when Bella Thorne debuted the first official trailer. Thorne, as previously reported, will appear in the pilot as an homage to Drew Barrymore’s iconic character from the original 1996 film.

Scream‘s first trailer also gave us a look at the rest of the show’s cast, including Willa Fitzgerald (Royal Pains) as shy-yet-popular Emma Duvall, Bex Taylor-Klaus (Arrow) as preacher’s daughter Aubrey Jensen and Carlson Young (Key and Peele) as bubbly ringleader Brooke Maddox.

Hit PLAY on the trailer above, then drop a comment with your thoughts on the MTV series.

1. jerm says:

LOVE the movies. hoping this is good!

2. Steven says:

After Finding Carter completely wasted its potential it makes me nervous that Scream will do the same, but I’m holding out hope.

• Evan says:

Thought I was the only one who felt that way about Finding Carter…. they made her accept her “family” way too soon!

• johnhelvete says:

Carter, an only child raised by a single mom, bonded first with her younger brother, who also feels like the family outcast. Than her twin sister and her father (she never had a father before) and it took her almost the entire first season to call Elizabeth mom. I think the writers made fairly intelligent decisions about how and when Carter accepted members of her family. The only flaw in the show are some of the scenes with Carter’s friends (Crash aka show killer and Bird since I am not sure why Carter forgave her).

• Steven says:

The family drama isn’t my problem. It also has to do with Carter’s friends. I couldn’t care less about the petty teen drama they add to the show and I agree that Crash just kills the show and the fact that they brought him back this season has me considering canceling my season pass.

• johnhelvete says:

Max is a great character. Ofe is amusing most of the time and has a little more depth to him than comic relief. Gabe is just boring but he is Tayor’s longtime friend so he gets a pass from me. There have been a few good things with the friends (Taylor’s various first kisses at the party) but those scenes can be hit and miss for me as well.

3. Eric7740 says:

Where’s the iconic mask??? There is no Scream without the iconic mask!!!

4. Mark says:

Hate Bex. Otherwise, I quite like the cast.

5. kyle says:

So excited for this series, there’s already people on Twitter bashing it but I’ll be holding off judgement until I actually see the show!

6. Mike says:

Excited for the series, but the trailer did nothing for me.

7. Dr. M says:

AKA, ‘I Know What You’ll Sleep Through This Summer.’

8. Fabian says:

I’m holding out hope. I honestly think the best Scream movies are the 1st and 4th. I’m hoping the series will ride the wave of the last movie, just a little skeptical. I want it to be great though.

9. Nicolas. says:

Please, I hope this doesn’t turn another ‘Pretty Little Liars’ with 5871421episodes and still no real answers.

• johnhelvete says:

If the writers are smart, the first season will have a self contained story with a beginning and an end. Season 2 could follow the surviving characters just like Scream 2.

10. Fernanda says:

No Ghostface, No Roger l. Jackson’s scary voice, no Sidney, No Wes, No Kevin, NO TO SCREAM TV SERIES!! BIG NO NO

11. Bark Star says:

“You cant do a Slasher movie as a TV series….. self fullfilling prophecy and completely correct.

12. Danielle says:

I loved the FIRST Scream movie and still watch it anytime its on and since hearing about a SCREAM tv series I have been dying to see what MTV will do with it. So, we dont get the ghostface mask, I’m not happy about it but really I dont watch these movies for the mask..I watch for the slaughter of stupid teens. Even if this show crashes and burns I will continue watching because of BEX. She was amazing as Bullet in the Killing (Yes, shes on Arrow but theres not much acting there for judging her based on that) If you want to see what she is capable of watch the Killing. She was spot on and her arc ending was heart wrenching. I’ll give MTV the benefit of the doubt because they do make some pretty awesome shows (Hello, Awkward & Teen Wolf) but I dont see this being something more than an hr? of high school whiners and outdated kill scenes.

13. YASSS! Between this and Scream Queens, my horror fix is going to be sated this summer and fall. Can’t wait. I am intrigued on how they draw this out over a TV series, though. As the bodies drop, the pool of suspects is going to get very small.

14. Kyle says:

Not impressed, looks like crap.