Devious Maids Season 3: Edy Ganem Only Appearing in 'Multiple' Episodes

Devious Maids Season 3

It looks like Edy Ganem might be ready to throw in the towel dishrag.

While most of the Devious Maids cast is returning full-time for the Lifetime drama’s third season on June 1 (9/8c), Ganem will only appear in “multiple episodes,” TVLine has learned.

This accounts for Ganem’s absence from the upcoming season’s first promotional photo, an omission fans of the primetime soap noticed immediately:

Devious Maids Season 3

Per Lifetime, Valentina and Remi (Drew Van Acker) will “struggle to connect in the aftermath of the shooting” at the top of Season 3 — and given Ganem’s shortened future on the show, I’m thinking their “struggle” will likely prove insurmountable.

In Ganem’s absence, several new characters will join the fold this season, including a maid-in-distress named Blanca (played by Glee‘s Naya Rivera). Gilles Marini, introduced as Carmen’s (married!) lover in the Season 2 finale, has been promoted to series regular, and former co-star Brianna Brown will also return in a regular capacity as Taylor Stappord.

Maids fans, will you miss having Ganem around full-time? Drop a comment with your thoughts on Valentina’s decreased presence below.

1. Lizo says:

I really like Valentina, but I hope her absence means she’s going off to fashion school and living her life. I hope Ganem lands a new show though, she’s insanely charismatic. I’d love to see her do something sci-fi-y.
    Also, NAYA!!! The show taketh away, and yet the show giveth.

2. Slowride says:

I’d rather have it be that Valentina and Remi overcome their struggle and go away together. If the character is gonna go, it might as well be on a happy note.

3. Greta says:

Is Drew Van Acker still a series regular?

4. H says:

I wonder if Edy got an offer for a lead role on another tv show or something.

Can’t wait for Naya tho.

5. A says:

Great news! She was worst maid in show.

6. Steven says:

Given how the show struggled in the ratings last season and had us waiting months to return, I feel like this may be the last season.

7. Essie says:

Yes more Taylor please! I love her character.

8. K says:

Hope Naya fills the void as a regular. She’s an amazing actress.

• 'A' Has Been Revived says:

Sadly, its just a recurring role with like 3-8 episodes (many say 3 but it could be more). Hopefully, if they get a season 4, they’ll ask her back as a regular! :)

9. Alliko says:

Lifetime isn’t even pretending they care about women under 30 any more. Might as well start showing Price is Right reruns.

10. Diana says:

I love Valentina she is the heart of the show she must be full time soon so I can love this show so much again

11. W Prusach wynosiły około 7-eight %, a w Austro-Węgrach aż 12,five% i były to najwyższe
    wówczas podatki na świecie.

12. Wir sind uns jedenfalls einig, dass wir anfangs eine ganze Reihe bestehender Möbel aus unserer jetzigen Wohnung mitnehmen werden.

13. Nina says:

I’m so excited that Naya is joining DM cast.

14. Deb says:

love this shoe

15. Yazmin says:

I hope she is just temporary absent since she is doing a novella right now but one back full time I love her on the show

16. Yazmin says:

I hope she comes back full time if they get a new season I kniw EDY is filming a Mexican soap opera right now maybe that’s why she is part time

17. Guy says:

I love this show, and Valentina is an important role. Let’s start a petition to get her back full time!

• Effy says:

YES! i agree with you and i’ll be the first to sign :) also VanAcker, i think he won’t be coming back on the show too :( let’s put the lovers back on the show again

• Kassie says:

If she doesn’t want to be full time what is a petition going to do? LOL

18. Effy says:

im so disappointed that they didn’t made her series regular. She was one of the reasons why i LOVE Devious Maids. I LOVE Remi & Valentina’s love story, they could have gone deeper, make few tweeks & twists. im really sad. she is absolutely charming and i like her for being Valentina in the show. She stands for the young adult maids in the show you know. I hope they make her appear more in series 3 and make her a regular again by season 4

19. sophiaekanem says:

Ok where have I been witches cancelled? All my eggs are in for maids now , cant wait to see NAYA!!!

20. Nan says:

Noooo she was the best! Valentine and Remy’s love story is the only thing that appeals to the younger age group, if they leave or if one of them leaves then this show is only going to appeal to the older demographic!
    I’m glad taylor is back though !

21. Denise says:

I think Devious Maids should keep Edy full time on the show. Edy makes the show as well as the other cast, she has been on the show since day 1 and I would love to see where the writers take Valentina’s and Remi’s relationship. They are such a cute couple. Maybe Valentina and Remi could be the couple that doesn’t have all the drama, every good show like Devious Maids needs at least 1 couple that loves each other and being together.

22. Show box says:

Agree with you, i hope is there any chance for Valentina, because she is awesome

23. SammyK says:

Please bring Valentina and Remy back on the show ! They are awesome!

24. g Lo says:

Valentina made the show interesting the others are older and she needs to stay on to keep us wondering if she and Remi will ever have that big wedding. Carmen is cool, Rosie is a bore with her baby talking accent, very annoying. I love the Powells and I hope Mr. Powell brings back his devious ways.

25. I wish the best she will be missed she is a great actress

26. Vina Ferrer says:

My fave characters are Valentina and Remy. I really love their love story and they’re both gorgeous! I’ve been disappointed not seeing the both of them in the last 2 episodes of season 3.