The Flash Sneak Peek: Arrow's Ray Seeks Help With a Performance Issue

Don’t worry, Ray. It happens to a lot of guys… with exosuits.

In Tuesday’s episode of The Flash (The CW, 8/7c), Arrow‘s Ray Palmer pays a visit to S.T.A.R. Labs, with Felicity in tow, to seek help with his problem in keeping it up — “it” being his Atom suit. Because as Felicity makes clear in the clip above, he is plenty super where it counts.

:-/

Elsewhere in the episode, titled “All-Star Team-Up,” Barry & Co. deal with a metahuman (played by The Walking Dead‘s Emily Kinney) who employs hundreds of robotic bees to attack and kill former co-workers. Also, a group dinner with Barry, Felicity, Ray, Iris and Eddie turns into an awkward-tastic disaster.

Want more scoop on The Flash/Arrow, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. CM says:

Yeah but Felicity doesn’t love Ray. she’s only using him for her pleasure.

It’s an epic romance. NOT.

• Joy says:

Nothing wrong with pleasure IMO…true love is overrated!
      Keep in mind that this is not a continuation from Epi 18 of Arrow.
      This Flash/Atom episode is happening in their universe a week or so before the Arrow Epi 18 which aired last week.
      So in this episode, Ray has not been injured yet and he has not confessed his love to Felicity just yet. RayLicity is just an ordinary couple dating at this point. In the Flash/Arrow universe Ray is going to be hurt in a week or so after this.

2. harperchase says:

Kindof glad Barry isn’t all for helping out Ray. It vaguely parallels when Oliver begrudgingly lets Barry tag along, which always makes for a good laugh.

Plus I’m hoping Barry & Felicity have a heart-to-heart about her relationship. I like Ray, but I don’t appreciate the love triangle aspect of Arrow this season, so here’s wishing Barry points out she should be with Oliver.

3. Becky says:

Ray and Felicity are adorable.

• Josh says:

No they really aren’t I did not need to hear about that Gary stu’s prowess In bed. It’s so obvious Felicity is forcing herself to think it’s a good relationship

• Joy says:

They really are..they bounce off each other really well..

• pem says:

Yeah. No. just ewwww

• Nicole says:

They are ridiculously cute. I adore them. I hate that they’re making us love them and then having him leave :(

• Brigid says:

I love her with Ray. She’s not moping around him and seems genuinely happy when she is with him. They are a great couple!

• Sal says:

Omg really?! I’m so shocked. I think Felicity acts like a different person around him, a desperate and needy one who looks like a clinger in this clip. I’m so embarrassed to watch this.

• Ab1973 says:

Felicity is ridiculous around him, and proclaiming your boyfriend’s prowess in front of colleagues is disgusting. I’m really starting to think they are ruining Felicity on purpose.

4. Alichat says:

Best line…..”God, there’s two of them.”

• Josh says:

Barry’s reaction is what I thought about that grossness of Felicity revealing too much about how overrated Ray is in bed Gross

• Luis says:

The offhand comment actually underscores why the relationship is ultimately a non-starter. Ray and Felicity are, in fact, TOO much alike. Part of Oliver’s appeal is how different he is from Felicity.

5. Rachel says:

Ugh, the awfulness of raylicity is spreading to other shows. Be gone with you!!!!

6. Joy says:

Ray and Felicity are amazing together..they always bring great comic relief…too bad it’s over now! Bring on Ray’s series

7. autumndreamer76 says:

Usually I love Felicity’s tongue tied say the wrong thing moments, but this one is a bit much IMO.

• Aimee says:

Usually Felicity is the one saying the accidental double entendre whereas in this case it was Ray with the double entendre and Felicity hearing it and jumping in to assure anyone who might have taken it the dirty way that they had a satisfying sex life. Saying something that can be interpreted as dirty and not realising it until it’s said is a mistake real people make all the time whereas hearing someone elses and jumping in to assure everyone the person can in fact get it up is not.

• Aimee says:

(pressed send too soon). When someone hears a double entendre they usually know what the person really means (unless their stupid) however if you say one stuttering to correct it seems like a natural reaction because of the embarrassment however when you hear someone else say one you should be rational enough to know no one is really going to take it that way and not turn into a stuttering mess. So yeah I think this one seems weird because she wasn’t the one to say it so her going in an embarrassing rant to try and correct it just seems off.

8. TVPeong says:

I hope that they figure out a way to make Wells good again. He adds so much to the show.

• alex says:

in the finale barry could go back in time and save the real harrison wells from being killed, that way he could stay on the show.

9. Joey Padron says:

good and funny clip. can’t wait to watch new episode next week!

10. mac says:

love all the shippers going insane

I love Ray, the guy is fun

• Ab1973 says:

Such a totally dismissive thing to say. Plenty of people, including professional reviewers and the CW, which didn’t greenlight an ATOM series but instead made them throw in a half-dozen other characters to get it off the ground, find Ray loathsome. No shipping issues necessary.

• Dmac says:

You keep saying the same thing over and over again on other sites as well (under a slightly different name) and it sounds just as childish and ridiculous, because not everyone who doesn’t like the character is a shipper. But than again you have been told that before ad nauseam and like any 12 year old boy you insist we all are Shippers and it is so much fun to make fun…so why bother.

• Kate says:

You clearly are shippers though, let’s be honest. Otherwise why get your back up so much? I, for one, adore Ray. I think Brandon Routh has brought a spark and a breath of fresh air to season 3, not to mention, has revived the Felicity Smoak I fell in love with. She was sleeping in an angsty, soap opera, Olicity induced hazed. And no, I’m not a shipper. Witnessing Olicity shippers destroying the show with fangirlish screams and demands pretty much blocked that career path for me.

• K says:

You clearly are a fan of unhealthy relationships, LET’S BE HONEST. Otherwise why be so bitter and resentful? I, for one, adore Barry/Felicity and feel Ray is misogynistic, abusive, and creepy. He has completely eradicated Felicity’s storyline. Felicity had more interesting plot points when she was a guest star contracted for ONE episode. Yes I am a shipper but witnessing hateful, ignorant people like you bashing people like us, make me damn glad I picked this “career path”. There is nothing wrong with being passionate, shippers help market shows and create a buzz that haters like you couldn’t possibly.

• Brigid says:

That is not true at all. Please enlighten me as to how Ray of all people is misogynistic, abusive and creepy? Roy and Oliver would be more of those things than Ray. C’mon! I’ve been watching the show since day 1 and haven’t seen any of that. Also, shippers don’t market shows or create buzz, they ruin the show for everyone else to have rational conversations. Just look at The Vampire Diaries. The Damon/Elena shippers wouldn’t stop until they forced them into a relationship and it has killed the show. Ratings are down, characters are completely unrecognizable and the writing has become so entwined with who is sleeping with who that non shipper fans have lost out on a once fun show.

• Ab1973 says:

Except that, as I have told you and dmac has told you, we are not Olicity shippers. I am a shipper of good characters and logical plotting, neither of which have made an appearance on Arrow this season. And of all the poor characterizations this season, Ray is the worst. Again, if he was so great, the CW wouldn’t have negged his solo spinoff.

• AntiShippingCults says:

Please, enough with the lies you are shippers. Like Kate notes if you weren’t or had other motives for hating Ray you wouldnt be so vile and repetitive. Gosh you are fooling noone but yourselves, seriously have you no shame not only of your behavior but also lies. Its been 3 years of your online extremely bad behavior Olicity fans.

11. Ella says:

I cannot decide who I ship more, Ray/Felicity or Barry/Felicity. The latter was my original love but I think I am leaning more towards Ray because gosh darnnit, him and Felicity are just so lovely and adorable. Please can he not leave Arrow just because the Olicity shipper ruin everything for everyone?!

• Sal says:

Lol. Yeah. Shippers ruin everything and you’re deciding who you ship more?! LOL.

• Ab1973 says:

Hypocrisy, seriously.

• Tom says:

Actually, she said Olicity shippers ruin everything. I haven’t come across a worse bunch yet, they spew hatred and vitriol on almost every other character. Other shippers on this show don’t do that, at least not in my experience. Ray/Felicity shippers still seem to love Oliver. Oliver/Laurel shippers still seem to love Felicity.

• Dan says:

HAHA please don’t kid yourself. In many (if not most) instances Ray/Felicity shippers ARE Laurel/Oliver shippers and they are the same people who began referring to Felicity as a “slut” and a “mary sue” among other awful terms. There is good and bad in every fandom, but making a generalization that one group of people “ruin everything” doesn’t exactly paint you in a very positive light.

• Dmac says:

Ah yes Olicity’s are what is wrong with this show??? Please let us know when you have decided what ship is going to work better for you. LOL

• kath says:

You sound like a Felicity/AnyoneButOliver shipper.

I really doubt Oliver/Laurel is going to be endgame unless EBR leaves the show.

12. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

So when Ray dumps Felicity and Oliver does the inevitable we can’t be together because I need to focus on my brooding are we going to have to be forced to watch this woman’s heartbreak? Dear god give this woman a proper storyline, instead of who she is sleeping with this week or lusting after.

13. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

Felicity being at STAR Labs makes me wonder why she didn’t find a similar cutting edge company in Starling. The more time she spends with Cisco and Dr Wells the more I realise exactly how intelligent she is and how she has been wasting her potential. Was she hiding whilst she was working at Queen Consolidated? It seems odd that she would have been working just as an IT drone.

14. Sam says:

YUCK OMG. I didn’t need to see or hear this. Who is this person and what has she done with Felicity? Sooner she gets rid of Palmer the better. He’s done nothing but ruin her character. Gross.

15. kath says:

Way too much TMI.

Ray and Felicity are too much alike here and it lessens both of them. The characters are more fun being the funny person to a straight man.