American Horror Story Vet Kathy Bates Checks Into Hotel as [Spoiler]

It’s Bates’ Hotel.

American Horror Story staple Kathy Bates has joined the upcoming Hotel-themed edition in a rather pivotal role, series co-creator Ryan Murphy announced on Twitter Wednesday.

PHOTOS Cancellation Buzz: 9 Shows in Danger

Bates joins a cast that includes pop star Lady Gaga, Matthew Bomer (White Collar), Chloe Sevigny (Big Love), Wes Bentley (American Beauty) and Cheyenne Jackson (Glee) — but not Murphy muse Jessica Lange, who recently confirmed that she will not return for the series’ fifth season.

This is Bates’ third AHS stint, following turns in Season 3’s Coven and Season 4’s Freak Show.

1. Yes! Now just announce Angela Bassett is joining Hotel and i’ll be happy!

2. Chris says:

Calling it now, she loses her head in an elevator door or something. Got to keep the tradition :)

3. Infinite says:

Yay! I can’t wait!

4. Bill says:

Great news! Helps lessen the sadness of not having Jessica back!

5. Robert says:

Great news but I am still waiting on info about the storyline and character description. I am starting to believe, they make up the story and characters as they are shooting. Tv shows producers are willing to give more info then Ryan do and sometimes they are only shooting pilots!

6. Linda says:

Grrr.. forgot to fill in some info and lost my comment, so here’s the short version of what I originally said:
    – will miss Jessica / hope she returns for following season
    -NO ZOMBIES IN HOTEL PLEASE!
    -thought the scary-assed clown in Freak Show was the best part and then it ‘chilled’ and died
    -create a season called CLOWNS – millions of grown-ups have clown phobias and it could be about a creepy organization that rents out clowns for kids parties, but with a twist.. they don’t like kids and they’re very, very scary

7. Geo says:

Loving the cast so far. I second everyone who wants Angela Bassett in the mix again. I’m also hoping Finn Wittrock pops up on that list eventually, ’cause I want to see him recur in the ensemble and play a part other than Dandy. Let’s see what he can do.

8. abz says:

I have no problem with this just as long as they don’t have her do another terrible accent. I know the accent she did onFreak Show was Baltimore I think and authentic, but I was not a fan of it at all.
    Also, if I’m not mistaken, I think they already confirmed that Finn Wittrock will return as well!

9. Larry C. says:

Kathy Bates can do no wrong! I’m so glad she will be on the new season.

10. Dude says:

Need Angela Bassett.

11. Matt says:

I just hope this season isn’t as crappy as the last two schlocks were. Awful writing

12. steven says: