FX Sets Dates for Married and Tyrant Returns, Denis Leary's Sex&Drugs

FX on Wednesday revealed summer premiere dates for Married Season 2, Tyrant Season 2, a new Louis C.K. stand-up special and the new Denis Leary-led Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll.

The network also confirmed that The Strain will return for a second season this summer, though a premiere date has yet to be announced.

The summer premiere dates are as follows:

THURSDAY, MAY 28
11/10c Louis C.K.: Live From the Comedy Store

TUESDAY, JUNE 16
10 pm Tyrant

THURSDAY, JULY 16
10 pm Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll — Leary stars as a washed-up ’90s rocker who re-enters the biz, writing songs for a female lead singer (Victorious‘ Elizabeth Gillies).
10:30 pm Married

1. K says:

Can’t express how excited it am for Sex&Drugs, watching this purely for Liz Gillies, she’s so talented

2. wrstlgirl says:

Yay for Tyrant!!!

• d4h8a15r16m23a42 says:

Agreed, i know were in the minority but i thought Tyrant was awesome.

• wrstlgirl says:

Hahaha, well thankfully I don’t watch my television based on what other people think. If I like it I’m gonna watch it and vice versa :-)

3. Steven says:

I hope FXX announces a return date for You’re The Worst soon. That’s all I care about.

4. James D says:

awesome I love Leary. I’m so stoked for Sex&Drugs after Rescue Me I will watch anything he’s involved with. Also looking forward to Tyrant season 2, I really enjoyed season 1.

5. LB says:

Can’t wait for Married! :) Hate that I have to miss You’re the Worst since it’s on FXX. :(

6. Heathers says:

I am looking forward to Sex &Drugs. I loved Rescue Me. I really hope it has some of the same writers. I watched Sirens on USA (which I thought was a stupid name) but I quit after episode 2:8 or 2:9. I thought it was just getting silly, not really funny anymore. Denis Leary is a producer, and a lot of the same crew is from Rescue Me, and some cast members go back to his days on a The Job.