Ratings: New Girl, POI, NCIS: NOLA and Forever Hit Lows, iZombie Steady

Person of INterest Ratings Cancelled Renewed

Leading out of a steady Hell’s Kitchen (3.5 mil/1.2), Fox’s New Girl this Tuesday drew 2.2 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, ticking down a tenth to a new series low.

Weird Loners (1.7 mil/0.7) dropped a handful of eyeballs versus its debut but was steady in the demo.

Elsewhere….

CBS | NCIS (16.5 mil/2.1) dipped a tenth, while NCIS: New Orleans (14 mil/1.6) and Person of Interest (8.7 mil/1.3) each slipped two tenths, with all shows tying their series lows.

NBC | The Voice (10.9 mil/2.7) dipped a tenth versus its last Tuesday original; Chicago Fire‘s Chicago Med sampler (8.5 mil/2.0) rose 22 and 25 percent from its previous outing (which didn’t have The Voice for a lead-in).

ABC | Fresh Off the Boat (4.8 mil/1.4) and Agents of SHIELD (4.2 mil/1.5) each ticked up a tenth, while Forever (4 mil/0.9) slipped 15 percent and two tenths, tying its series low.

THE CW | Leading out of a Flash rerun, iZombie (1.83 mil/0.7) was rock steady.

1. HeatherC says:

Go Chicago Fire!!!! =D (Please don’t adjust down, please don’t adjust down, please don’t adjust down….)

2. Al says:

Very rough night for CBS and FOX

@Matt
    Do you know if ABC has or will announce their finale dates?

• Darlene says:

Not that rough for CBS. They’ve seen those numbers before this time of year, and those numbers are golden next to last Tuesday’s outing with The Dovekeepers special event movie, which failed to ignite with viewers. Now that was rough!

3. Mr. Tran K says:

Weird Loners is about to be a “goner” soon and who knows whether or not Mindy Project gets renewed in a matter of days even weeks before the upfronts come May.

• Allee says:

Truth. Apparently New Girl needs to be paired with a similar demographic show to keep even it’s marginal ratings. And that show is not Weird Loners!

4. Michael says:

izombie’s renewal should be a shoo-in for CW

5. KC says:

LOVE iZombie
    New Girl is in trouble.

6. Katherine215 says:

Forever. :( :(

7. wrstlgirl says:

I love Chicago Fire and Chicago PD but I’m just not feeling Chicago Med. I think it’s the cast. It’s just not that appealing to me. We’ll see how it goes.

• Dean says:

same especially since I like Laurie Holden.

• bj says:

I liked Epatha and Oliver Platt’s characters but I just wasn’t feeling it for some of the people inside the building. Maybe they’ll do a review and recast some before it hits the air on its own.

8. Josh says:

New shows are hitting lows ever week…Could it be that people just don’t watch shows live anymore and this rating system is out of date?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

:-O

• Boiler says:

I would agree with you but no one ever agrees with me!! I’m tired of comic book characters and zombies, et al. I am also tired of networks cancelling shows with better numbers than renewed shows…Hart of Dixie and Perception for 2. Either we need some new network blood in charge of programming or better way to track viewers. Current systems seem to be driving viewers away from network shows.

9. EJ says:

Forever had its last shoot day of the season yesterday. And I suspect, forever.

10. Gerald says:

I am loving Shield still and I hope these numbers are strong enough for another season. I would really miss it.
    Forever is also still really good. Numbers are not real bad, but not great either. If Castle does not get renewed then for sure this is the show that would replace it, if given a chance. Maybe the Monday at 10 time slot to be so bold.

11. Because of stupid storms last night & knocked out my CBS channel NCIS,NCIS:NO & Person Of Interest all didn’t record. So now today I gotta watch em’ online or on-demand. I hate watching stuff on my computer

12. Dean says:

Nice to see izombie hold its own. I’ve enjoyed it its quirky and enjoyable.

13. ANON R says:

I need Person of Interest to be officially renewed! Same for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! I’m tired of mindless tv.

14. craig says:

Renew Mindy already! Weird Loners isn’t working.

15. Julia says:

I bet Fox misses Empire right now…

• Francesca says:

Bet Fox even misses MINDY right now. They’re going, “Oh, $@#&! We shouldn’t have run the last three episodes with New Girl reruns so now, all we have left is this %@#$!”

16. BrianR says:

I hope SHIELD gets another season because it is rocking now.

17. RedReddington says:

Agents of Shield is seriously one of the best shows on network TV right now. I watch it before Castle, Bones and The Blacklist. Those people who gave up on it after five episodes are really missing out. Please give us a third season!

18. Drew says:

Agents of SHIELD is turning into 24… each season, viewers will be “shocked” to discover that there is a mole (or several moles) within the organization, which threatens the very foundation of SHIELD. The show isn’t nearly good enough to pull it off though. What happened to Fitz’s brain damage? He has been going through zero rehab and yet he is pretty much back to just being a little socially awkward. And they really missed an opportunity to highlight the damage done to him when yet another close friend betrayed him… but they didn’t.
    It’s frustrating.

19. NF and SK fan always says:

looks like everyone is having ratings fall…….

20. Andrew says:

I wish they wouldn’t they keep spreading out POI episodes. You can’t keep momentum if you only a show an episode every other week.

Next weeks episode will be the first non-gap week since February… but don’t worry we’ll get to sit out another week until the final two episodes are shown.

21. Nancy Fancy says:

CBS was out in our area on Tuesday night so nobody was able to watch any of our favorite shows!

22. james stewart says:

Not a fan of network TV. Cable ia not much better, but at least there is some programming to watxh