The Flash: New Trailer Teases Surprise Kiss Between Barry and [Spoiler]

The Flash unveiled a fresh trailer at Sunday’s WonderCon, and while most of it is footage we already glimpsed in this sneak peek, there is one new and very unexpected liplock between two characters not currently coupled.

Also glimpsed in the preview: Reverse-Flash proving a mighty foe for Arrow‘s Oliver; Emily Kinney’s Bug-Eyed Bandit unleashing a swarm of bees; Barry giving Eddie quite a beating; and someone meeting a potentially deadly fall.

After you wrap your head around the surprising smooch — dream, weird alt timeline or real? — hit the comments with your thoughts on what’s coming up for the rest of Season 1.

1. Taylah Talks says:

It’s actually a shape-shifting meta-human from episode 19. It’s also possibly the reason why you see Barry fighting another Flash and Eddie shooting the cops.

• m3rcnate says:

Wonder if the kiss is cause of that too. I would be inclined to think so given the pictures that were shot of the cast doing a (SPOILERS) wedding scene with Snow and Raymond as the bride and groom.

• KimB says:

I really hope people are right in saying this is not Barry kissing Caitlin!
      But even if it’s not Barry kissing her, it’s still troubling because why is Caitlin reciprocating a kiss from someone who looks like Barry, does this not already mean she has feelings for him.
      I really hope Caitlin and Barry remain good friends…They have such great chemistry as friends and really work well together. All this shipping has near ruined Arrow, why Oliver and Felicity could not remain good mates is beyond me. Should every friendship lead to romance!

• ndixit says:

Well, in the promo its done in slo-mo, so it feels that she’s reciprocating. I doubt it will actually be like that. I think she will probably be surprised for a sec and then push him away.

• Andrea says:

No I looked again she is definitely reciprocating. Actually they both lean in at the same time, as if an actual couple was kissing eachother. I have the feeling like Caitlin will be the metahuman and Barry is testing if it was caitlin, cause caitlin would’ve reacted differently.

• ndixit says:

Didn’t think of that. Certainly sounds plausible. But I would think Barry would come with another way to test fake Caitlin other than kissing her. Pus, the expression on Barry’s face before he kisses her doesn’t seem like him.

• Ella says:

THIS. Olicity has basically wrecked Arrow for me, I loved them as friends and felt they were actually better characters individually as friends. A romantic relationship has been toxic for both the characters and the show. Moreover, Ray Palmer, that little ray of sunshine in a mediocre season 3 is being shipped off to another series. Back to the point – I do NOT want Barry and Caitlin together. There is nothing but platonic chemistry there and even that is lacking sometimes because of the stiffness of DP.

• Nicholas says:

OLICITY is the only ray of sunshine in Arrow, albeit this season has been dark and gloomy for my beloved characters but I see some sunshine in the horizon. Ray and propping up of his character and his stalkerish ways were the downfalls of season 3 IMO.

• kath says:

It’s been a good year for Diggle’s relationship with Lyla and Thea’s with Roy.

Olicity has taken a huge hit in the writing though, partly to prop Ray and partly for Oliver’s identity crises which has now reached sheer stupidity lengths. Hopefully both will end soon and we can get the fun back into Olicity.

• Ugonna Wosu says:

I agree, olicity makes no sense as they’ve been written . I don’t like Arrow romances, they seem to be the writers’ weak point.

• Brigid says:

I agree. In season 1 they were pushing Laural and Oliver and it wasn’t happening, he had more chemistry with Felicity and I liked it. Now that they forced Felicity and Oliver together way too quickly, I find the chemistry lacking and can see more with Laural. Maybe they should just stop pairing him with main character females and continue to keep him as a playboy with the flavor of the week.

• kath says:

Stephen Amell/Oliver has chemistry with Katie Cassidy/Laurel only when they are fighting with each other, which is why they are much better in scenes together this year. But you can’t build a show’s OTP relationship on that.

2. Matty Si. says:

So swho does Barry kiss?

3. kiki says:

Barry and Caitlin do have chemistry. :) One might be a shapeshifting meta human but the others reaction to the kiss will be very telling

4. Tony says:

So looking forward to rest of this season.

5. @tvneuroepi says:

Is no one going to mention that Barry has Wells in a containment chamber reserved for metahumans?
    Also, knowing that an upcoming metahuman is a shapeshifter makes some of the more shocking things in the video (like Eddie shooting the cops or Flash vs Flash) less shocking.

• A says:

i barely paid attention to the kissing part, Wells is imprisoned i really dont wanna see him like that as much as him going back to his timeline, he waited 15 years for nothing :(.

6. SonOfCoul says:

To (sort of)quote Austin Powers…..”THAT’S NOT CAITLIN, SHE’S A MAAAAN BABBYYY, YEAAAHH” Everyman, the Shape-shifting Supervillain, Specifically.

• SonOfCoul says:

Actually, no….after watching the clip. I think it’s Barry who is actually everyman in that specific scene. Also think that either Barry or Eddie is everyman in that scene of the fight between the two of them, as well as Eddie shooting the Cops.

7. Phil says:

The trailer looks awesome! I can’t wait to see the rest of the seaso .. also I’m excited for westallen for seasons to come!

8. Sam says:

Thats not Barry, it’s a shapeshifter metahuman. I hope Caitlin stops him considering she is still engaged! That part of the clip was weird, but other than that the trailer looks insane!! Can’t wait!!

9. Airsay says:

This is episode 15 all over again, lots of WTF and nothing will happen. The metahuman will kill cops as Eddie, kiss Caitlin, fight Barry as Barry, be locked up in the Pipeline as Wells…

Still a beautiful kiss though. Chemistry is exploding right now. But their next kiss will probably be a frosty one, if you know what I mean.

10. KimB says:

I really hope they don’t ruin this show with all this shipping…Barry and Caitlin are great as friends…

11. Fan of comics but the acting in ‘The Flash’ is horrible!
    Now iZombie is a clever well written and well acted show

12. Ben says:

Let me guess, he can run so fast that he can kiss himself?

13. theschnauzers says:

We’ve already had a shape-shifting meta-human — Eiobard Thawne.

I doubt he got rid of the future tech he used the night Barry’s mother was killed, And I suspect that the “doubles” and the strange behavior is all tied in to that fact and the alternate time line consequences that were mentioned by TPTB in this past week in post-episode interviews and at Wondercon, We really don’t have a context to a lot of this….but if “Wells” is in a containment
    cell, then Barry, Joe, et al may have finally figured out part of the Eiobard mystery,

14. Amanda says:

That is such a great trailer!!! I’m so excited for these last 4 eps of the season!!! I personally love the chemistry between Barry and Caitlin as it’s very similar to the 90s show when John Wesley Shipp was Barry and he was paired up with Amanda Pays’ Tina. Speaking of Amanda that has to be her in the promo!!! It looks just like her too and I was hoping they’d bring her back since she’s still Tina and The Trickster was on as well. Just hoping she and John have scenes together this time if that is her.

15. kath says:

I know they’re just messing with me and that Caitlin marries Ronnie but…..
    I like Barry with Caitlin much better than I like Barry with Iris. I think Eddie is much better for Iris, and even if they to turn Eddie evil, I think I’ll still prefer Iris with him. He treats her better than Barry does.

• Radha says:

EDDIE treats Iris better than BARRY? And even if he turns evil you’d still prefer Iris to be with him?

You know what? I have nothing to say to this ludicrous statement. SMH.

16. lifeand4cameras says:

Anyone else think that the Quantam Untangler device thingy they used to separate Firestorm will be used to separate Dr Wells and the Reverse Flash by the end of the season?

• SonOfCoul says:

There’s nothing to seperate. That machine only molded Thawne’s face to Look like Wells. It’s not like Firestorm where there are two people trapped in one body

17. HSLR says:

It looks awesomeeeeeeeeeee!

18. Syreene says:

Don’t forget the whole “Body Swapping” technology that Eobard Thawn has now in the show. How much do you want to bet that he starts using it? That would explain why Eddie Thawn starts acting like a villain all of a sudden.

19. Ekkis25 says:

Eiobard stole that shape shifting tech from the “Fringe” universe !

20. kev says:

Anyone notice the change in Olivers outfit ??? I can only guess he is with the League…Wow !!

21. Joey Padron says:

new trailer looks good. not good Eddie starts going dark. good to see first look of Emily’s character. team up against Dr.Wells looks good. excited to see that fight.

22. Daltonic says:

Not so good for Eddie, nor for Barry.
    Maybe all this will lead to a breakup between Eddie and Iris and a promising era were Barry finally moves into a relationship with Iris.

• whateveritmeans says:

The actual Iris West from the comic book is Nora Allen. She has red hair and killed by Prof. Zoom a.k.a Reverse Flash.

23. baller says:

When did They kiss??

24. skyfall says:

I want caitlin and Barry t to be a couple