Ratings: Outlander Midseason Premiere Does Verra Well for Starz

Outlander Spring Premiere

Kilts and corsets for the win!

The return of Starz’s Outlander pulled in more than 1.22 million viewers Saturday night, per a network release, up 69 percent from its series premiere last summer.

RELATED Outlander Recap: Spanky Panky

Adding in Sunday, the historical drama drew an additional 1.16 million pairs of eyeballs, putting it on par with the season’s average weekend viewership of roughly 2.4 million.

In addition, Starz noted, women made up more than half of the live (62 percent) and weekend (59 percent) audience.

1. Gio86 says:

Great, second highest episode!!!

2. Ray says:

I hope they don’t split the next season in two batches again. Its verra annoying.

• IMHO says:

I agree. I love Outlander but a 6 month break in the middle of a season is ridiculous !
      Many shows have a mid season break but it’s usually somewhere between 8 to 12 weeks NEVER 6 months .
      I’m afraid to ask how long the break between seasons 1& 2 of Outlander will be.

3. DavidSask says:

Great show deserves good ratings, this and Power are appointment TV! There should not be separated arc in season as other commenter said!

4. Maryan Baker says:

Outlander is by far the most outstanding series on television. Sam Heughan, Cat Balfe and the entire cast are brilliant in their roles. Ron Moore has “hit this one out of the park” for a truly great work of art. Great acting, directing, writing, sound track, costumes, cinematography all combine to make this epic entertainment on such a grand scale. Outlander is a Perfect 10. I really enjoyed “Jaime’s” narration – hope to see Sam Heughan’s voice over more in future episodes or alternating with Cat Balfe.

If you cannot get enough of Sam Heughan view “Emulsion” an independent film he stars in from the United Kingdom. I ordered the DVD from the UK – it is an outstanding film.
    Sam Heughan is a great actor with an incredible range – Emulsion is a film you will watch over and over just to pick up some of the subtle details. True actors speak so much emotion in their eyes and the film “Emulsion” is a great example of independent film making at it’s best.

5. christine says:

A favorite. Sam and Cait are the perfect Jamie and Claire.

6. Jacque ray says:

Loved the books read them all at the same time love Jamie and Clair the best series I’ve ever seen can’t wait for the next book series done so well can you tell I love it all hope it’s renewed for many years the stories have interested me in reading about Scotland and the revolutionary war I’m a retired registered nurse so of course I joy Clair’s nursing as well as her doctoring skills I’m one of the shows biggest fan