Eliza Dushku Joins Banshee in Season 4

Eliza Dushku Banshee

Eliza Dushku is making the leap from slayer to slayer-hunter.

The Buffy alumna will recur in the upcoming fourth season of Cinemax’s Banshee, our sister site Deadline reports, playing Agent Veronica Dawson, a “sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler.”

Agent Dawson will reportedly team up with Lucas Hood (Antony Starr) to catch a serial killer. Of course, there’s a good chance her “personal demons” will make that task easier said than done.

In addition to Buffy, Dushku’s small-screen credits include roles on Torchwood: Web of LiesDollhouse and Tru Calling.

But the question is… Will Dushku get to keep her newly-Instagrammed golden locks when she heads to Banshee?

1. Dean says:

She’s still alive? Well looks like I have a reason to watch Banshee now.

• Patrick says:

I wonder how much she would give to be able to go back and time and do that Buffy spinoff based on Faith. Oopsie.

2. m3rcnate says:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YES!!!!!!!!! Perfect addition to this show! Great job Eliza for choosing this show to join and perfect job whoever is in charge at Banshee for getting her. Solid talented actress, absolutely gorgeous and sexy, and is naturally a martial artist & does a ton of her own stunts (loved her stunt work and fight scenes on Dollhouse). She knows guns, she knows how to fight, she knows how to be sexy (i selfishly pray there’s a nude scene lol).

My biggest hope is she isn’t in just a few episodes or just the one season but is taking Trieste Kelly Dunn’s spot permanently, and is also the new love interest (that doesn’t fizzle out or betray Hood) for Hood. Excited for her to be on the show.

Love hearing about great casting and the addition of my favorite actors/actresses on my favorite shows.

• Mal says:

Everything you just said x100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However i think this season it’s going to be Anna/Claire – Hood. They are meant to be together.

• m3rcnate says:

Yeah, unfortuntely i realize that. They have definitely set it up from day one that Hood and Anna/Claire are going to end up together and are meant to be together. Not a fan of her though, especially after last season seeing Hood be such a great guy and be in love and want to leave with her and seeing Claire/Anna fall apart and banging some gross guy in a dirty hotel room and then hooking up with her husband who shes separated from.

• Bwhit says:

Isn’t it Carrie? Anyway I feel that way about her too, she is pretty annoying. I think now that Gordon is gone she will try to play Hood’s feelings about Deva to her advantage. I don’t want them to end up together because she is so manipulative and is just as bad as Rebecca in my opinion. I agree that Eliza is a great choice I just hope they don’t kill her off after one season!

• m3rcnate says:

Yeah you are right, i read the other person write Claire and it didnt click that that was wrong.
            I completely agree with your agreeing with me. :D lol

• Mal says:

She told Hook to back off and he didn’t, he left her no choice and she had to protect her family. Even Hood admitted that he should have left when he saw that she had a new life.

• m3rcnate says:

Yeaaaaaahhhh…no. You don’t get to do what she did and get 0 consequences, she stole his money, left him to rot in prison, started a family and had his daughter and never told him, he had every right to go and clear things up. Shes the one living under a illegal false name hiding from her dad, he is clean and clear in the law’s eyes cause he paid for his crime with prison time.
            It also has nothing to do with that, it has to do with her being annoying, with her being a hypocrite, and with her gross actions like banging the soldier while legally married then once done with him (cause shes going to rob him) she starts sleeping with her “husband”. And add to all that Hood was in a really sweet, awesome, real relationship with Siobhan Kelly that looked like real love…so the dichotomy added to my dislike of her.

3. Beth says:

Love her, love Banshee. Wahooo.

4. The Kaibosh says:

Given what show this is, what channel it’s on and it’s overall track record: Eliza Dushku nudity? Not trying to be a pig here. Just making an observation.

• Fido says:

@The Kalbosh – Odette Yustman appeared on the show and she didn’t “do nudity” so it is not a given that Eliza will do it either.

• ? says:

At this point in her career if she hasn’t done it I doubt she’d do it. But if she has done it, I bet she does it, ’cause this show will definitely ask it of her.

I watch it for the guns and the fistfights, honest.

5. Luc says:

that’s amazing!
    I think she is very underrated!!
    Would love to see her in more TV :)
    She sounds perfect for Banshee, action packed! Can’t wait!
    This news made my day thanks Andy! and all of TVLine

6. BrianR says:

My first thought THREESOME.

7. DavidSask says:

Great casting choice! For those talking of another season, wasn’t it announced this would be its last or was it just reduced episodes?

• fringe30 says:

Just reduced to 8 episodes. It was the creators decision. He said that is the way television is going with fewer episodes and like how True Detective was able to make a great show with 8 episodes. The production is moving from North Carolina to Pittsburg because North Carolina won’t give them the tax break anymore.

8. Cool, I thought Dushku had quit acting what with her return to college, so this is very good news.

9. sladewilson says:

Have a little “Faith”…. thank you, Banshee – you never fail to make me smile…. :-)

10. IMHO says:

Great News !Love her ,Love Banshee !

11. mike says:

Stopped watching after they killed the hottie deputy. I hate when that happens. Might watch again for Eliza.

12. Rip Aycock says:

I just have to ask. How does someone have a “recurring” role on a show that only has 8 episodes to the season?