Ratings: Arrow, Survivor, Middle and Goldbergs Slip; SVU, black-ish Rise

ABC’s The Middle (with 7.6 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating) and The Goldbergs (7.2 mil/1.9) this Wednesday each ticked up in audience but slipped two tenths in the demo.

Modern Family (9.3 mil/2.9) was flat in the demo, while black-ish (7.4 mil/2.4) popped 16 and 14 percent. Nashville (5.1 mil/1.3) dipped a tenth, tying its season low.

Elsewhere….

CBS | Survivor (9.5 mil/2.1) slipped two tenths in the demo. The conclusion of The Dovekeepers (6.4 mil/0.9) dropped 30 percent in audience and a tenth in the demo from its Tuesday opener.

FOX | American Idol (8.4 mil/1.7) was flat week-to-week.

NBC | Bubble drama Mysteries of Laura (6.4 mil/1.0) was flat, SVU (6.3 mil/1.5) rose two tenths and Chicago PD (6.9 mil/1.6) ticked up a tenth.

THE CW | Arrow (2.4 mil/0.8) slipped 17 percent and two tenths, tying a season low in the demo. Supernatural (1.7 mil/0.6) dipped a tenth, matching its series low in the demo.

1. cyrano says:

I think Berlanti Kriesberg et al need to take heed from the fans and do something to re engage the masses. This is not boding well for people wanting to return to season 4.

2. Mr. Tran K says:

Where does Mysteries of Laura go from here? Looks like it may not bode well for its chances for a second season.

• Mr. Tran K says:

Re-type: Looks like it may not bode well for its chances “of getting renewed for a second season”. MY APOLOGIES.

• thisismenow says:

The thing that surprises me is that The Mysteries of Laura has more viewers than SVU but the demo is significantly lower. Of the two, I would have assumed Laura would appeal to a younger crowd.

• Carla Krae says:

Those ratings are great for NBC. I’m not worried about the show.

3. Coach Taylor says:

Idol is such a joke now. Why would they ever use the worst possible Voice “tool” in the save. Its silly and a joke. Let the bottom vote receiver go home. They need to put this show out of its misery.

4. Mrs. Trannnn says:

Chances Nashville gets a 4th season?

• nathybozo says:

i think they are GOOD because OF syndication :)

• Boiler says:

Hopefully pretty good. The show has been much better this year and Hayden hasn’t even been on much, the city of Nashville loves and supports the show, music sales, syndication, demo is supposedly high wage earners. Hopefully it will be back

5. Ab1973 says:

Arrow is completely terrible now, so I’m thrilled that maybe ratings are finally starting to reflect that. Step 1, fire Guggenheim and pretty much the entire writing staff, so maybe Season 4 won’t suck, too.

• Georgia Madman says:

With the exception of Laurel, Arrow is head and shoulders above Flash. Flash does have a lighter tone but I like the grimness of Arrow. Both are better than Gotham although Marena has made Gotham bearable. I’m OK with Ray but they’re just using Arrow to set him up for the new show just as Flash is being used to set up “hot” and “cold”.

• Nick says:

It’s not been at its best, but it’s still better than most of the stuff out there, for one, and two, last night was incredible!

Plus, ratings are still EXCELLENT for a show on CW. It’s still the second highest rated next to The Flash, I believe.

6. Tom says:

I so hope they renew The Middle, I just want to see them weasel around Sue being 19 when she should be 20 given her leap year birthday

7. Susannah says:

Black-ish was hilarious last night, so I’m glad it’s doing well in the ratings.
    I don’t usually say this about kids on TV shows but I think the children on Black-ish are my favorite characters on the show. They’re really well written and the actors are charming and have great comic timing.

• Tom says:

I’m not crazy about Jack and Diane. I agree with you they’re great actors and all but……..Diane especially is a little off putting

• evababy says:

Oh, see I am the exact opposite. I love Diane. Her line delivery is great and I dig the little ‘off’ vibe they give her. She is the total opposite of Junior who is so sunny and a little naive, but oddly she and Junior are my two favorite kids. Both of those young actors really deliver.

• herman1959 says:

Diane is my favorite too; her timing is on time and her delivery is so natural.

• Erin B says:

I agree that I usually think children are the worst part of shows, & they try to make them so precocious. All of the children on “blackish” are great & seem very natural. I love they made Charlie & Diane frienemies. I thought their interaction at the ski trip was very funny.

• MiaB says:

Jack and Diane are hilarious. Not to mention that it’s cute they’re named after that John Cougar Mellencamp song.

• Xiolito says:

I like Junior the best! He is funny and clumsy. Zoey too!

8. Ms Thing says:

Felicity is front and center in last night’s episode yet the ratings slipped. Where arethe fan tards?

9. Frizz says:

The CW Network was blacked out where I live during Arrow and Supernatural! It was effecting the Seattle area, CW11. I don’t know if anywhere else had an issue, but we did. I was extremely disappointed – thankfully I only had to wait a couple hours for them to be posted online.
    I wonder how much that might have made a difference in the numbers?

10. Iakovos says:

If LAURA is not too expensive, NBC should take the chance — marketable star in Debra Messing — and shore up the show for a second go-around. Without great expectations, the show may do well enough on a lower viewership night — Fridays at 9 maybe — following a couple of smart comedies and leading into DATELINE (since NBC seems to like it on Fridays). Didn’t DATELINE and 20/20 used to be newsmagazines?

11. ChaCha Fance says:

I think Black-ish rose because Empire isn’t on anymore – no more competition. I like both, but I’d always watch Empire live and then catch Black-ish later.