Sizzling Arrow Promo Teases a Team-Up... and, Yes, That Hook-Up (?!)

When The CW’s Arrow resumes Season 3 on April 15… well, a lot is going down, as suggested by this new, extended promo.

You’ve got Oliver teaming up with the Atom. There’s a plan to bust Roy out of the clink.

Wait, what?

I’m off to the dentist, so I’ll hush now. Besides, y’all have pressed play already. But I’m expecting 100 comments by the time I get this filling renewed!

1. OMG!!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!!!!!!! So happy! I love this show!

• cyrano says:

Totes in love with this show… amazing…

• Natalie says:

Bless the writers! It’s finally happening! Olicity!

• Joy says:

Yeah…No, It cannot be this simple…this is going to bring more angst than before for Felicity at least.
      I doubt Oliver is ready to commit just yet. This seems like the beginning of the end for Olicity. This is clearly a moment to tide the fans over and to keep us hoping that maybe 1 day…but yeah..no, this seems bad for Olicity.

• Sam says:

I’m sure angst is coming but I think this is a moment where they admit they love each other and then have a love scene. It think it’s been earned by now. I don’t think anyone believes this means happy ever afters. This is just an interlude.

• Jimmy Woodward says:

Wow!! The next 5 episodes are any indication of what public enemy was then it’s gonna be an insane finish! Can’t wait, episode 19 someone dies I wonder who’s gonna have to get the boot unfortunately

• Shelley says:

It’s about time.

2. Stamanah says:

Oh my God. Arrow is the reason I feel like I’m having a heart attack half the time. BRING IT ON.

3. E says:

OH.MY.GOD!!!! Olicity!!!! This looks like a movie. I can hardly wait for these 5 episodes. Summer is going to be so long without this show.

4. Rachel says:

Waaaaaa! Really hoping the olicity scene is not a dream.

• Liz says:

They’ve tortured the Olicity fans long enough.

• Asha says:

me too. I’m so afraid it’s a dream, or some weird trick :( I hope not. I love Olicity, but whatever it is, I feel like it’s going to create so much more drama for them, I mean come on Ollie doesn’t even know about his kid yet.

• Bill says:

Sadly, it probably is a dream. We just saw Ray and Felicity on The Flash telling everyone what incredible sex they’s having (TMI!) And then Felicity is doing the nasty with Oliver instead? Just doesn’t make sense.

• kath says:

Last night’s Flash episode was supposed to air before last week’s Arrow one.

The sex may be a dream or a hallucination, but I think Ray and Felicity will be done either by the end of this episode or early next one.

5. Matt says:

So who’s the women in the league of assassins

6. Azerty says:

Where is the Flash? Oliver is heavily featured in the Flash promo, but Barry is nowhere to be seen. Does this mean it is a one way cross over? That would be a bummer, I prefer Ollie/Barry rather than Ollie/Ray. And I have not seen Oliver in LoA costume in this video, wonder why…

• Natasha says:

That is for the flash crossover that is coming up later on in the season. If you know what’s going on with that show its a reason why they went to Centeal City.

• Azerty says:

Not sure no, in the Flash promo it seems Oliver goes to CC to help Barry (and Firestorm) fight Reverse Flash, you can see Oliver in the LoA’s suit shooting and getting strangled by Reverse Flash. I thought that Barry would also cross to Starling to help the Arrow team with whatever will happen in the season finale.

• Kristina says:

I think the crossover has something to do with Ray needing Star Labs’ help.

• JBuck says:

Barry could still crossover for the Arrow season finale. They haven’t started filming it yet. Arrow is an episode behind in filming, because The Flash pilot was filmed last year around this time.

7. Josh says:

Olicity!!! I’m ready bring it on! Looks hot!!

8. Sil says:

Yes!!!! Watch out Roy! This is it.

9. S. says:

Are they doing what I think they are doing? What in…my mind is blown. Can not think at all.

10. Eva says:

OMG is Olicity finally really happening? Woohoo!

11. Luis says:

So . . . that’s going to happen . . .

12. Kenya says:

Gawd yes! I’m super worried about Roy, whom I’ve come to love this season. But mostly, I’m excited about Olicity sex. Not even gonna lie!

13. Sara says:

Whoa. That looks amazing!!!

14. wrstlgirl says:

Oliver and Felicity hooking up isn’t necessarily a good thing because he won’t commit. While it will be a great moment it will fail miserably in the long run.

• Sasha says:

I think it’ll be a one and done thing. They love each other, they have a moment together and I think that will be it.

I’m ok with that.

• Georgia Madman says:

“We’ll always have Nanda Parbat.” Not as romantic as Paris but it’ll do.

• wrstlgirl says:

For me personally I could care less, I don’t watch shows for this ship or that ship but to me it reeks of fan pandering. But whatever, it will be fun to watch.

• Sam says:

How is it fan pandering? This relationship has grown organically since S1 episode 3. Friendship to love over three years. It’s funny how it’s only ever fan pandering when you don’t like it.

• wrstlgirl says:

Who said I didn’t like it. I said I don’t ship one way or the other and that it would be fun to watch. Sounds to me like you’re just wanting to argue.

• kath says:

I think fan pandering is doing something isn’t good for the show but is something a part of the fandom wants.
          Oliver and Felicity hooking up after 2 1/2 years of UST seems to be part of the show’s storyline at this point.

• wrstlgirl says:

Either way it’s fine with me because it will be fun to watch. I’m just glad it’s not Laurel. I see zero chemistry there. However, I fear a lot of fans might be in for disappointment because I don’t see them becoming a couple. This may not even be real. Promos are more often than not very deceiving :-)

• kath says:

If that scene isn’t for real, I hope the writers have a bomb-proof bunker because many fans are going to be really, really upset.

• Brigid says:

It really hasn’t been 2 1/2 years since he slept with Laurel in Season 1 and was sleeping with Sara in season 2. Some how at the end of S2 he was in love with Felicity and to me that wasn’t organic but forced. They are growing on me but I haven’t seen a realistic portrayal of a organic romance at all.

• kath says:

I dated the UST from their first meeting based on Oliver’s speech to Felicity during their date in the season opener. But even if you go by Felicity’s “very platonic circumstances” in 1×22, there was UST on her part at least.
            At that time, Oliver was still fixated on Laurel but after they agreed to part in 2×01, you could see him becoming more and more interested in Felicity, from telling her he couldn’t be with someone he really cared about after the Russia trip (implying Felicity was that person) and going to breaking his rule and killing The Count with three arrows because Felicity was in danger. We even had Diggle say that he was jealous of the time she was spending at Barry’s bedside.
            Sara was a FWB and a way to stall Oliver and Felicity. He loved Sara but he wasn’t in love with her and as soon as she turned his suggestion that they share a place into ‘moving in together”, you could see him shut down.

15. Tanner says:

God this looks amazing! Hopefully Roy will be saved! Thea looks like a bad ass! That awkward high five! Who is that woman?! And FINALLY OLICITY!!!!!!

16. AW says:

Looking forward to Ray losing his clunky, oversized Atom suit soon, now that he has nanites in his system. I don’t mind Ralicity but I prefer that Oliver and Felicity try to work things out first, since Green Arrow is still going to end up with BC later. It was great seeing Shado’s sister Mei last night; I like that actress alot!

17. Wee says:

Pretty sure that woman is who Oliver is going to be arranged to be married, thus prolonging Olicity but I’ll just be content with this amazingly hot sex scene they’re having.

18. kate says:

Wait, was that Talia? At the end.

19. cristininha says:

Oliver is going to marry someone to become ras algul. That´s why Marc said that would be another marriage until the end of the season… Loves felicity and married with another women… this is not right.. where´s the LOVE? :(

• Ab1973 says:

So what if he’s forced to marry someone in the League? It’s not like after he gets out he’d try to make that marriage work. That’s crazy. “Yeah, so Ra’s ruined my life and killed my sister [or whoever] to make me take over as Heir, then he made me marry a League assassin in a fake-ass ceremony that has no legal meaning in the United States. But hey, I’m going to try to make my forced, fake marriage to an assassin work rather than date Felicity, who I’m madly in love with.”

Um, no. I think, and truly hope, this whole Ra’s storyline will be over at the end of this season, and so will any marriage to a League assassin. Not much better excuse for an annulment, if one is even necessary than “Ra’s al Gul made me marry her in a non-binding in the U.S. ceremony, and no, we did not consummate.”

• Oliver does not love Felicity.

20. nashieb says:

Dream sequence. That’s all imma say.

21. nashieb says:

I think Thea will kill Ra’s and take his place. Isn’t that her with the blade dripping in blood?!!

22. Okay. I’m officially hyped for these final episodes. Even if that Olicity moment is a dream, I’m all in. Now let’s see if the CW can score the hat trick with the Rogue spin-off.

23. brenna says:

Oh. My. Goodness!!!!

24. kath says:

Looks like Oliver’s going to get a new brand.

(Finally, but I really hope Felicity breaks up with Ray officially first.)

25. kensi1713 says:

The room Oliver and Felicity are in looks very League of Assassin-y. Maybe he wants to finally be with her before he loses her forever (or so he thinks) through marriage and/or becoming next Ras al ghul

26. steph says:

OMG MY LIFE IS COMPLETE OLICITY SEC SCENE!!!!!

I NEED A THERAPIST BECAUSE IM SPAZZING SO HARD AT WORK RIGHT NOW.

27. Georgia Madman says:

Holy crap!! That’s why I love Arrow more than Flash.

28. Evan says:

I’m not going to lie, I loved hearing Oliver say he was heir to the Demon!!!!

29. Anna says:

This actually looks… amazing. But so did the last few promos and then the episodes were kinda disappointing, sooooo I’m not getting my hopes up….mhhwaahhh……. damn I just got my hopes up. I hope this will be as awesome as it looks.

30. ktmae says:

Really hope that’s not Talia, and that’s really Ra’s wife & his wedding via flashback Marc was referring too. I’d hate to see them continue to rip off Batman….but holy freaking cow- OLICITY!!!!

31. Sarah S says:

This upsets me—I don’t want Olicity to hook up, I’ve never been a fan…

32. AJJJ says:

I thought in season 1, Roy was kidnapped on live TV and the Arrow saved him. So why would they think it was Roy who is the Arrow?

33. Luis says:

Let’s put it like this . . . if this turns out to be a dream sequence, I hope Messrs. Guggenheim, Berlanti et al have moved to an undisclosed location

34. Dean says:

It disappoints me that Felicity has been reduced to being the ‘Girl Toy’.

35. sladewilson says:

If Oliver actually takes his place as the Demon’s Heir, it will be THE COOLEST thing an action/superhero TV show has ever done. AoS went there with Ward but never to this degree… I’m hoping he does it and then has Team Arrow as his lieutenants…. Oh and Digg turns into this universe’s version of Rick Flagg Jr. (except not dead, of course) and runs the Suicide Squad with Waller. Yep, that’s my wish…. Oh and make Felicity stop crying at the drop of a dang hat!!!!

36. kath says:

Okay, I can think again now.

The two things they have done really well this season are the growth of Roy and Thea, although Thea’s was a bit rocky for a while with the taking away of her autonomy. Roy however, has been great, they’ve really written well for Colton Haynes who does snark and hope but not big emotional arcs. Also, he never takes away the storyline from Oliver and Team Arrow, unlike the new Black Canary and a guy in a red super suit. I will be very, very sorry if Roy dies just when he’s such a good asset to the show.

Oh, there’s a third thing this show does really well — sucks me back in just when I’m about to give up on it.

Hopefully all the time spent on setting up Ra’s and the LoA will now be shown to be worth it.

37. Omnihax says:

You guys got it all wrong, this ain’t no batman rip off, Oliver is the Ra’s Al Ghul that batman eventually meets and Thea becomes Thalia Al Ghul…. chew on that for a sec

38. Briggs says:

Hope the dentist appointment goes well!
    I’m just excited for the rest of the season. :) I think CW did this deliberately, not realizing that they’ve totally messed up the chronology between Flash and Arrow (at the time), but I’m just anxious for the bum-rush that’ll be the last 4 episodes.

39. Anon says:

ugh….cannot stand Felicity.
    The rest of that looks cool tho.

40. Ellie says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!

41. better not be no dream sequence cause dang it! get them two together already!!!

42. A says:

All i have to say is FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

43. Ally says:

I dont like this direction…in order to remain good you have to become evil? (cant be hero n villain at the same time) and what about the whole not killing again? which will he be Raj or the arrow?…unless after he accepts he disbands the LoAs by S4. How will it work with his obligations at SC?

But the team coming together is great and Olicity is great too

44. Jennifer Sturdivant says:

It’s going to be a LONG 2 weeks!!! Love this show. Honestly feel like it keeps getting better as far as action and story-line go. It really has the production value of any movie out there. Have always enjoyed Paul Blackthorne, was a Dresden Files fan back in the day, so have really enjoyed his Captain Lance. Really the cast is just fantastic!

45. Ames says:

“Oh, and there’s removed eyeglasses, unhooked undergarments and a caressed scarred chest.” Oh my gravy!!!! WHAT!!! I literally have tears in my eyes over how awesome this is. Why am I scared that there’s going to me more to this than meets the eye? It’s not going to all be a dream is it?!?!?!

46. kkmr514 says:

Someone just pointed this out on tubmlr….At the end of the trailer, behind the woman in black, it looks like Malcolm and Oliver are lowering someone/thing hanging by ropes into something (probably the Lazarus pit)…so maybe they won’t do the whole Oliver/Talia thing after all….Thank Goodness.

47. DMCo says:

Listen producers of Arrow. I have watched this program since S1 E1, and love it. Don’t disappoint fans by teasing something, then making into a dream sequence or a daydream. Don’t be one of those shows that ends up disappointing fans.

48. Lauren says:

Oh it has been way too long since Oliver has seen some action in the bedroom!…so glad Olicity sex is happening! Despite all of the ridiculously unnecessary angst this season, Oliver and Felicity really do love each other…and we didn’t need a bogus love triangle to tell us that. Can’t wait to watch!

49. Sal says:

This looks awesome and omg the Olicity scenes! So freaking hot! WOW.

50. Sal says:

Omg so Olicity have one hot night together and admit they love each other but then Oliver has to marry someone from the league. The pining! It’s gonna be awesome. I can’t believe this. I’ve waited so long for this.