Exclusive

Gilmore Girls Reunion at ATX TV Festival: 9 More Castmembers Joining Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel

Gilmore Girls Reunion

Where Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel lead, their former Gilmore Girls co-stars follow.

Organizers of the ATX Television Festival confirm to TVLine exclusively that 9 additional castmembers — including MVPs Jared Padalecki (Dean), Scott Patterson (Luke) and Kelly Bishop (Emily) — will join Graham, Bledel and series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino on the show’s reunion panel at the annual TV jamboree, which takes place June 4-7 in Austin, TX.

Also on board for the Gilmore event: Keiko Agena (Lane), Liza Weil (Paris), Liz Torres (Miss Patty), Sean Gunn (Kirk), Yanic Truesdale (Michel) and John Cabrera (Brian).

The exact date of the Gilmore event is TBD. For further details and ticket information, head over to ATX’s online headquarters.

1. Babybop says:

I wish I could be there! Do you know if they film these at all?

2. Julia says:

Hope Melissa McCarthy can go too!

3. Lane says:

It will be bittersweet without Richard Gilmore

4. TV Gord says:

Grrrl?! These are the original Girls!

5. Annie Sisk says:

I TOTALLY smell a movie announcement coming!!

6. Sarah F says:

They do film them and add them to their website/YouTube channel after the festival.

7. ninamags says:

Aww, Dean!!! He looks like such a little kid in this picture.

8. Kim R says:

I just binge watched 7 seasons on Netflix. It was such a great show! :D

9. Mr. Tran K says:

No Milo Ventimiglia and Matt Czuchry?

• Amy says:

Alexis Bledel and Milo Ventimiglia dated IRL for a few years before breaking up. Unfortunately, I bet that will make a reunion featuring Jess pretty unlikely.

• canadian ninja says:

Pretty sure she dated Jared as well.

Plus – people can get over stuff and be mature and stuff.

• San Summer says:

Hi! Do you remember what gave the impression that Alexis and Jared used to date? :)

• I lived in a city who had a well informed entertainment reporter. I know she stated that Jared and Alexis dated during the early years of GG. She hinted that breaking up and Alexis becoming involved with Milo led to Jared’s role being reduced, which led to the CW deciding to us him elsewhere, which led to Supernatural. It sounded like it wasn’t a bad breakup, just 2 young kids who moved on. It’s always left me with the impression that both Jared and Alexis tend to find love on the set and now they both are settled down with former co-stars.

• wild_child says:

I don’t know about that. Perhaps with Jared(if what you say is indeed true because I’ve never heard about those two dating) but I’ve read that Milo treated her terribly. Of course it’s hearsay but if the rumors are to be believe there is no love lost between those two.

• sarah says:

She’s married now. I highly doubt their previous relationship would keep him from attending if he has the time. Besides they broke up 10 years ago.

10. Paula says:

I hope they stream it o film it so more fans could watch it. I love this show

11. Steven says:

I hope they do something nice for Edward Herrmann.

12. JennyB says:

LOVE this. Wish I could go. But what about Zack? I want to see him and Lane back together! Also would love to see Jess on the panel.

13. Laurie says:

How exciting. I hope you do lots of reports on it. Made my day.

14. Rita says:

Love watching the show still. I realized they are reruns but like how they all interact with eachother. Please never take the show off. Or have a reunion show.
    Love the GILMORE GIRLS

15. analog says:

No Matt Czuchry? I need Alexis Bledel on The Good Wife then.

16. trisha says:

I love ur show :)

17. Infinite Jester says:

This is great news. I have missed seeing Scott Patterson so much! Will this be filmed and posted anywhere?

18. I wish they would live stream, like Paleyfest does.

19. Jackie says:

I’m so excited for this. Gilmore Girls was my favorite show ever. I own every episode and recently started watching them with my daughter who loves the show as well.

20. Dude says:

Wish Melissa McCarthy could go.

21. Hunter says:

Always gives me a little chuckle when I read Jared Padalecki’s character’s name as Dean when I know him as Sam on Supernatural, and Dean is his brother. I’m sure some SN fans get all pissy about it until they look it up, lol.

• Becky says:

When I started watching Supernatural it was so weird and really hard to wrap my head around him being Sam and Jensed being Dean, in the beginingbi used to still refer to Jared as Dean lol (now I’m a hard core, crazy Dean (Jensen) girl so I don’t make that mistake anymore lol)

• Dawn says:

My son calls the Winchester’s “Dean” (Jared) & “Not Dean”, he grew up watching Gilmore Girls. He can’t watch SN, because it makes him crazy. LOL

22. I would love to see a movie from this cast… And, it would be great if Jess & Logan made it to the reunion too. I feel like the show helped to launch both of their careers. And I wish that the network would have picked up the father-son spinoff with Jess. I really liked the first episode.

23. Simone says:

Hopefully they film this and make it watchable for everyone :D

Sounds like it’ll be a great line up and a fun night of reminiscing!

24. Viv says:

Wheeeeeeee!!!

25. Would love to see Christopher, Sookie and Logan there as well.

26. Collette Wise says:

Is there any way we could see this in Australia like on the web or something? My girl is a mad crazy fan and would just love to be able to see it.

27. Laura Markl says:

I really would like a Gilmore Girls Movie. It would be nice for them to have a funeral for the character of Richard Gilmore played by Edward Hermann. It could be put in ABC Family since they show the old shows on there. I do not want a reboot, but it would be nice to have a movie. It is one of my favorite shows to watch over and over.

28. Laura Markl says:

I wish they would make a GILMORE GIRLS movie to be able to say goodbye to the character of Richard Gilmore played by Edward Hermann. They could put it on ABC Family. It is one of my favorite shows to watch over and over. I lived relationship between Rory and her mom. Especially considering their are so many characters on TV this day and time that the kids did not have respect for their parents.

29. Debbie Rightnowar says:

There are no bad episodes of Gilmore Girls. Best episode is the Brace Bridge Dinner and the episode where Luke and Loralie kiss! Love that show. Watch reruns to this day.

30. Juv RAKOIA says:

I hope Matt (Logan) will be there too….I still think Logan & Rory are the best match :) and hoping for a Movie ….Gilmore Girls Movie…sure its going to be great hit!!

31. McKenzie says:

This is so exciting, but in no way would I want Dean in a GG movie. I understand for sentimental reasons, maybe, but he was a horrible character and terrible for Rory. I couldn’t stand Dean. If he is in the movie, I hope it’s for a two-second, “Hey Rory, how are you? I’m good, married with kids and I’ll stay far away from you.”

32. Susan says:

Love this!!!

33. lola says:

So very excited for this! Wish they’d make a movie to wrap things up the way Amy intended. And would love to see Milo Ventimiglia and Melissa McCarthy at the reunion too!

34. Jo says:

I really, really, really miss Jess, therefore I miss Milo I guess.

35. Nikki says:

My 31st bday is during this!!! Makes my bday sweater…. And I must mention not onlY did I watch this at 11am this morning on ABC fam til 11:30a before work but my friend put it on on Netflix before we went to the bar tonight for me… And I own all the seasons on DVDs… I may have an obsession…. I also bought Lauren Graham’s book and have been reading it…. I miss GG

36. Kara says:

I so want to go to this event. I might stay home and have a Gilmore-athon binge tv session instead😀

37. Kar says:

Totally hope they do a reunion movie, Rory & Dean could be together since Jared is happy to be there

38. Lisa. Bania says:

First off Jared Padalek’s name on Supernatural is Sam not Dean…. I would love to see Gilmore Girls come back to TV and renew the show… I am a huge fan…

• Ines says:

Jared Padalecki’s character in Gilmore Girls is called Dean. That’s who they’re referring to. On Supernatural he plays Sam, with a brother named Dean.

39. Kathy Charette says:

I wish they would do a reuion of the whole cast.

40. Emily Goodwin says:

So sad those show ended. Even today with reruns running all the time! There should have been a movie ending in a Gilmore Girls double wedding!!

41. Julie says:

Michael Ausiello has always been so great keeping us up to date on Gilmore Girls. I would love to know if he thinks some sort of announcement is going to be made of a movie or reunion show at this event.

42. Juv RAKOIA says:

Luke & Lorelei ….& ♥♥♥ Rory & Logan as they are just nsync with each other in many ways…fingers crossed ….movie would b great!

43. Rania says:

I’m seriously contemplating attending and I’m from Sydney Australia. I’m such a huge fan & I just can’t see another opportunity like this for a GG reunion, apart from a movie! It’d literally be a TV dream come true, just have to weigh up the reality of flying half way round the world to catch a glimpse.

44. Tammy says:

This show gave me the best advice on being a single Mom! My daughter and I watched every episode. We would love to see a reunion show honoring Edward Herrman. Please?

45. Guest says:

I wish Kelly Bishop and Melissa McCarthy were coming. And that everyone could convince Amy to make a GG movie. Really sad that Edward Herrmann won’t be a part of it all.

46. Jess – Raised in a broken home and was given nothing but through hard work earned his worth.

Logan: Ungrateful lazy drunk who was given everything but too busy admiring himself in the mirror telling himself how smart he is but in reality an average IQ rich kid in love with himself.

Logan: You should send me a copy.
    Jess: And where do I send it– the blond dick at Yale? Jess.

Jess: This isn’t you. This– you going out with this jerk with the Porsche.
    We made fun of guys like this.

47. They should have the GG re-union in a town hall meeting where Talyor and his gavel is in charge with Ms. Patty to his left. Kirk and Andrew could make an entrance in their 1778 revolutionary patriot uniform singing “We’ve got magic do!”. Then have Sam Phillips sing Reflecting Light while Scott Patterson and Lauren Graham talk about the possibility of bringing back the co-mingling of the owners of the innkeeper and the diner.

The re-union must have the Renaissance minister comming out and singing .

As kids we shared our toys with all the girls and boys barrel of monkeys, your battleship sunk me, please recall the joy Wheelo, Clue, Mousetrap bash and spirograph kaleidoscopes spinning, Yahtzee I’m winning think of how we laughed but today we share our love today we share our love for love is the greatest toy around around, around Help.

Jess hen making reads from the book “You Deserve Love”

Yeah, but, in a relationship — any relationship — it’s important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don’t create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation.

The Re-union ends with Kirk running naked and screaming while holding a pillow covering his privates.

48. Sophia says:

It would be such a dream if Netflix continued the show like they did with Arrested Development..

49. Mary Jane L says:

I wish I could be there. More than anything I wish I could go. Can it be televised?