Exclusive

Arrow Season 2.5 First Look: Oliver and Felicity Exchange Presents

Arrow Felicity Oliver Bed Wine

Before a gray cloud settled over Oliver and Felicity, it was mentioned in Arrow‘s Season 3 premiere that the archer let his No. 1 gal buy him a bed.

Now, the mystery of how Felicity came to give Oliver somewhere to sleep will be answered, in Monday’s release of the latest Arrow Season 2.5 comic — and TVLine has your exclusive first look at Chapter 16’s gift swap.

Yes, as in multiple presents, because not only does the issue — written by executive producer Marc Guggenheim, with art by Joe Bennet, Craig Yeung and Jim Charalampidis — introduce the bed, it also finally delivers the bottle of wine Oliver promised Felicity in Season 1! When the Starling City hero saves his tech wiz from “Blood,” it appears everybody wins.

Click through the gallery to check out the preview, then make sure to download the comic on Monday via the DC Comics App, ReadDCEntertainment.com, iBooks, comiXology.com, Google Play, Kindle Store, Nook Store or iVerse ComicsPlus.

1. Ha, finally she gets her bottle of wine.;) Thanks so much for the preview, it made my day!!

2. lucifer says:

wow.. finally the wine .. olicity is beautiful

3. GildedRose says:

Aw man, I think the internet ate my comment. Anyway, love this, thanks for the sneak peek, TVLine! I’m such a fan of the Arrow Season 2.5 comics. They’re amazing! They’ve been a lot of fun to read and I’m so glad I decided to give them a chance and read. This installment looks fantastic and I can’t wait to get my digital-first copy on Monday. Love the Felicity kidnapping storyline and all the action/danger in this. The Oliver/Felicity stuff has been amazing. I’m hoping, however, that Marc Guggenheim (and Arrow) remember that relationship building scenes and events like the ones that happened in these comics also need to be on the screen, too. I think that’s part of the reason fans have reacted so strongly & favorably to this storyline. We love that mix of action/adventure & danger with romance.

• Sara says:

THIIISSSS!!!! I agree 100%

• livi says:

Agree too!!

• Claire says:

I love these two so much and have really enjoyed the 2.5 comics. Like GildedRose said though, it would be nice to see this kind of development on the screen as well. Interaction between characters and bonding moments like this (between ANY characters) are so key to enjoying a series, and what has been lacking this season.

4. Minerva's Daughter says:

Aww, this looks all kinds of adorable. I’ve been enjoying the Arrow Season 2.5 comics, largely because I’m getting these wonderful moments between Oliver and Felicity that show in more detail the progression of their relationship. I really wish Marc Guggenheim and Co. gave us a little bit of this on the show before blowing up the big date. The Season 2.5 comics have proved that Arrow can deliver a romance to root for, exciting action and wonderful character moments. More of this on the show, please!

5. Sylvan says:

Love the preview, but I wish we would’ve seen this or any of Season 2.5 on the actual show. Scenes like these are what the Oliver/Felicity fans have been wanting to see for years on screen and to put it in a comic book that not all of them have the desire to read (let’s face it, some people just don’t read comics) seems pretty disrespectful to me. That’s just my take, though.

• Kate says:

I’m the same. I’ve loved the comics because they’ve given us lots of Roy and Diggle too. Even the suicide squad. Sara was in it with Nyssa and Ra’s briefly too. And Oliver realised his feelings for Felicity was perfect and something I wanted to see on screen more. So I wanted to see everything from the comics, not just the Olicity. It is a bit of a copout for us.

6. Kate says:

I have held off reading the comics (I know I might understand Quentin’s mind set better if I did) but this is weirdly bittersweet, I know they are starting to get along better again, but this is such a between season 2 and season 3 energy between them.

• Sal says:

You should read them. They’re entertaining although really short. You might want to wait until the whole series is complete because it’s annoying waiting 2 weeks for something you can read in 5 minutes. You won’t get a clear understanding of Quentin though but there’s lots of other great stuff.

7. Amazing! Whether onscreen or on paper, their chemistry just sizzles! Thanks for the sneak peek!!

8. Lysh says:

THE WINE OMG
    This is the best.

9. Kate says:

Everything about the 2.5 comics has been awesome and would have made a better season 3 than the season 3 we’re getting right now. Shame.

10. Sam says:

I hate that I’ve had to buy the comics to see the Olicity I love rather than see it on the show. I feel so used. But now that I’ve complained about that, OMG I love these two so much. Thanks for the preview. I really hope these two works things out eventually. They could be epic together, it’s just the forced angst is tainting them at the moment. Hope it works out soon.

11. Chi says:

Olicity For the win!!!!!! Thank you for this!

12. Sal says:

Aaaaaaaaah I love it. Thank you thank you thank you.

13. Trish says:

Aw, she finally gets her wine. Too bad it wasn’t followed up on screen where the original scene took place. I’m a sucker, I adore Felicity Smoak and Oliver Queen. I’ll buy anything with Olicity in it. But if Marc Guggenheim thinks he’ll be able to get my money next year for 3.5 after not delivering on more ON SCREEN Olicity in season 3, it’s not going to happen.

14. kath says:

Why does all the good stuff happen in the comics?

Why can’t I get this on the show? I’d have more patience with the Malcolm/Ra’s/Ray/Laurel storylines if I could see this on the show.

15. DarkDefender says:

An Oilicity shipper’s dream.

16. Darlene says:

I wish this would happen on the show it is so sweet. These two have unbelievable chemistry. They need to be together already, I’m waiting LOL.

17. Oh, Can’t they record this scene nd put it on the DVD? It would be so cool!!!

18. Arggghhh Olicity when will it die my eyes are lodged at the back of my head regularly with those 2

19. Chris says:

Aw. This would have been awesome in the show. Before the end of season 2, he would ignore Felicity’s comments and you only knew that he liked her because he was jealous of everybody and Diggle would call him out. This would have been an amazing moment in the show.

20. Ella says:

Please god, let the show not taint the comics and the on again off again love between Green Arrow and Black Canary.

• kath says:

DC h as said that the comics will continue to be independent of what happens on the TV show and with the characters on it.

21. bella says: