CSI's William Petersen Eyes TV Return With Major Manhattan Gig

William Petersen is putting down roots in Manhattan.

The CSI alum has joined the WGN America drama’s upcoming second season in a series-regular role, TVLine has learned.

Petersen will play Colonel Emmett Darrow, the enigmatic new ranking military officer at Los Alamos. A deeply religious and patriotic man, Darrow feels called by God to usher in the atomic future, and to spread American values across the globe.

He joins a cast that includes John Benjamin Hickey, Olivia Williams, Daniel Stern and Rachel Brosnahan.

Production on Season 2 begins next month in New Mexico ahead of a 2015 return.

1. Jenna says:

I’m excited for this. It’s a great show, and I think it will be a great role for him.

2. Annie says:

I am plum tickled by this news. Great show. Looking forward to seeing season 2 with Petersen!

3. IMHO says:

Love the show !
    Really looking forward to Season 2 with William Peterson.

4. Sheila says:

Guess I gotta start watching Manhattan again

5. herman1959 says:

Great, I just finished binging all episodes last week and I really go into it. It’s good to know production is starting on Season 2.

6. Maple Leaf Momma says:

Welcome back Bill…You’ve been missed !!

7. Nunya Bizzness says:

Gonna bring a touch of modern douchebaggery to the show!

8. Mary S says:

I have never seen this show…no clue about it, at all. BUT, I miss WM Petersen and will find Manhattan just to see what kind of character he plays. He has been listed on CSI as Executive Producer for years…does this mean that CSI is actually cancelled? Or can he do both things at once?
    I am worried about the new season of CSI! I have loved it since the first time I saw it and it is one of the few shows (along with NCIS) that I can and do happily watch in interminable re-runs. I like Ted Danson in the role, though I wasn’t sure I would, and I am looking forward to many more years of new stories! I enjoy how all the characters interact with each other, like a family, even the “newbies,” and I love watching the forensics processes. I have been hoping that he would return to Sarah and the team, which he obviously will not be doing, but I do hope that William’s move to Manhattan does not mean that CSI will be abandoned by the network.