Arrow: Felicity's Best Quips, Innuendos and Heartbreaking Confessions

Felicity Smoak Best Quotes

Here’s one gift that’s probably not on Diggle and Lyla’s wedding registry (but one for which Arrow fans are ever-so-grateful): nearly three seasons of wonderfully delightful Felicity dialogue.

Will Ms. Smoak add to her quip count as she attends her friends’ nuptials? We’ll find out at the ceremony, which will take place in this Wednesday’s episode (The CW, 8/7c).

From overtly expressing her love for Oliver’s salmon ladder to giving Starling City’s hero much-needed pep talks, Ms. Smoak is effortlessly quotable (in no small part thanks to Emily Bett Rickards’ delivery).

So in honor of this momentous occasion, we’ve gathered the tech wiz’s most memorable zingers, sexually-tinged rambles and two-Kleenex confessions.

Click through the gallery to see Felicity’s greatest hits, then hit the comments to tell us which lines are your favorites — and which ones we snubbed.

1. Sarah T says:

Ahhh-so many to list and these are all so good! Another minor one was when she told Caitlin that Oliver uses the salmon ladder, shirtless, usually on Wednesdays (or something like that). ;)

2. Lysh says:

Felicity Smoak is a gift.

3. A says:

Thanks for this article, I love Felicity.

4. Trish says:

OMG!!! I needed this today. It’s been so boring in the Arrow buzz department for weeks. Bless this post! Thank you, I’m so Felicity Smoak starved. I needed fuel for my obsession.

5. Mia says:

This just brightened my day. Thanks.

6. franeeeng says:

thank you for this article ^^ she is just so adorable

7. Kate says:

Wow, so many quips to choose from. And yes, totally agree that Emily Bett Rickards make these lines sing. Anyway, this was said on “The Flash” but definitely a worthy quip: “It took much more than Oliver doing the salmon ladder to make me trust him.”

8. Kenya says:

This was such a fun trip down memory lane! Felicity is awesome, but she wouldn’t be nearly as lovable or as much fun if it weren’t for the amazing talent and heart Emily brings to her performance.

9. Jennifer Sturdivant says:

Thanks for this. Have been re-watching from Ep 1 on netflix and its unbelievable to think she might not have been a series regular. You are correct that it is in the delivery too. Great show!!!

10. Sara says:

FELICITY SMOAK IS QUEEN B WITH WIFI!!!

As a fellow Canadian, I’m so proud of EBR and the joy and happiness she brings to the show. This show wouldn’t be the same without her!!

11. Nadine says:

So many good quotes. I love Felicty and Emily Bett Rickards just brings her to life. I love her quirks and how she always stands for what she believe in.

12. Ashley says:

I love Arrow…it’s a great show, but Felicity really does bring an air of fun and entertainment. I mean the action and looking at hot broading men is great, but Felicity wins over your heart in every episode and makes you come back for more. Can’t wait for more Felicity in the future.

13. Ellie says:

This character means so much to me it is difficult to express. The writers and creators of Arrow have skillfully crafted not just a strong intelligent female character, but one who is not afraid to be afraid. Felicity’s strengths lie in her femininity and emotionalism. A strong woman isn’t always kickass, she is just as vulnerable with the maturity to recognize that vulnerability and not apologize for it. Felicity knows she’s the smartest one in the room and doesn’t become arrogant or superior to other characters. The bumbling, funny, smart, beautiful, compassionate and fierce traits are only enhanced when she is shown to stumble or break down. A true heroine for any female to emulate, any man to admire and worthy of the true love our Arrow hero needs on his journey. Thank you Arrow writers.

14. Britt says:

I love the actress and the character but sometimes her delivery seems forced. Or I don’t know. Just CW?

15. Suneila says:

Love Felicity!

16. wonderwall says:

This made me smile so much! :’) Love Felicity. She’s the reason I came back to Arrow!

• Kath says:

Me too. I’d given up on the show, and then I caught her scene while I was flipping channels, and decided to give it another chance. Really glad I did.

17. brenna says:

Thanks for making me smile today. Felicity is one of the best, most fun, characters on tv. She adds so much to Arrow and EBR is equally wonderful and funny. Arrow wouldn’t be the same without her. And Oliver wouldn’t be the same without her.

18. Luis says:

Best supporting character on television. I want to go back and re-watch from the beginning, just for the quips.

19. brenna says:

Another funny line was in Season 2 when Oliver had a hurt knee. “Are you sure you can even get into those leather pants with that knee?”

• Briggs says:

Yes! Matt, why didn’t you add this one? You only included those that made Quote of the Week?

• abvn says:

And minutes before that “God, u’re heavy, is that all muscle?” LOOOOL, yes many Felicity moments indeed, what’s not to love!?

20. Juliana says:

she is the best!

21. lucifer says:

love you tvline!! you brightened my day

22. Drew says:

Some of these made me a little sad. She just hasn’t been written well this season and I want the old Felicity back. Maybe Barry can go back in time and change this season of Arrow.

23. Love Felicity and that mouth of hers. She brings much needed life to Arrow.

24. Kath says:

Awww, thank you for these. They cheered up my day.

She really is the bright spot on Arrow.

25. Sherron says:

We love EBR she makes the show for us. Would not watch if she left.

26. nikki says:

Ugh. Just ugh. Why tvline? Why? Felicity sucks. Why not something about Diggle or Quentin? Not all “Arrow” fans like Felicity.

• Luis says:

You saw the headline of the article – if you hate Felicity so much, you didn’t have to click on it.

• Briggs says:

^^This.

• nikki says:

Guilty. I just can’t help reading TVLine’s clickbait articles. But Felicity still sucks and most of the “Arrow” characters are better than her. She is sucking the life out of the show.

• Briggs says:

That’s called an opinion. I’ve seen fandoms around terrible characters, before. They’re substantially smaller than the fandom around Felicity Smoak. I direct you to Marc Guggenheim’s tumblr.

• Luis says:

We are all entitled to our opinions. I feel like Felicity and EBR bring a lightness and humor that keep the show from becoming a lumbering, morose self-pity fest.

• Nicholas says:

What do you mean she is sucking the life out of the show? She brings lightheartedness and humor to an otherwise dark show. I started watching Arrow for the GA and BC from the comics but I found out early on that this isn’t the comics and I AM GLAD it isn’t. Felicity and Diggle are why Arrow is surviving.

• leonard says:

This. Thank you Nicholas. When i first watched Arrow i was really excited for GA and BC but Ms. SMOAK stole the show for me. Her and GA. Great job and chemistry by the actors as well. And yeah, im really glad this is not the comics.

• Sara says:

If Felicity sucks then you wouldn’t be on tv line reading an article about her.

27. Briggs says:

She gets at least one per ep. :) Though I understand others might feel differently, The Magician proved she can still be entertaining, even in the last five minutes…

28. Vanessa says:

thanks for the article, so many great lines! Emily does a great job with comedy and drama.

29. Claire says:

These are all so good! So many great memories, and it all began with the very first quote. She is the absolute best and I really enjoyed the return of her lightness this past episode. Without Felicity, Oliver truly is lacking something and it was so nice to see a slight return of that. Felicity though, she makes the show shine 100 times more when she’s on screen.

30. E says:

Thank you guys, this is awesome and I absolutely love Felicity <3

31. jc says:

I felt like the show hasn’t been as good as it used to be but thanks to felicity I will keep watching until it ends. Love felicity she is my favorite character on this show and without her arrow wouldn’t be the same.

32. Hodan says:

I don’t Arrow anymore but I seriously love Felicity Smoak. They struck gold with EBR!

33. I love Felicity!!! Bless!