Exclusive

The Fosters Finale Sneak Peek: A Blue Jude Fights to See Connor

Loading video...

Jude is back in blue!

On Monday’s season finale of The Fosters (ABC Family, 8/7c), Jude readies to visit his friend (and possibly something more) Connor in the hospital by painting his nails blue in TVLine’s exclusive video.

The polish, you’ll recall, has become symbolic of Jude’s arc on the series as he explores his sexuality and the freedom of self-expression.

In this sneak peek, the colored nails also act as a suit of armor for the challenge ahead. They must give Jude quite the courage boost, because even when he runs into his pal’s disapproving father, he doesn’t back down.

Press PLAY above to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts on Jude’s bold move.

1. tonnie says:

Cousins…..yeah….kissing cousins lol

2. wrstlgirl says:

Love Jude & Conner. The only issue I have with The Fosters is the adoption of Callie. They have dragged it out way to long at this point I don’t even care anymore.

3. MatRaupach says:

War paint ;)

I love it!

Can´t wait to see it!

4. rebekah says:

cant wait

5. Lizo says:

I just love this show. So much.

6. JJ says:

Video is not working for me. Can you guys post a YouTube version of the sneak peek? These other video servers always have problems!

7. Mr. Sunshine says:

Just started binge watching this last week on Netflix. And, thanks to Amazon I’m all caught up and ready for the spring finale now. The acting and the writing is first rate. I’m really impressed with the young actors as well. What a great show!! It’s now my newest TV addiction.

• MatRaupach says:

Hayden Byerly is really impressive considering his age!
      He really grew in this show as an actor.
      In the first season he was already quite good, but in these latest episodes he is awesome.
      You rarely see actors who can control their facial expression THIS good!
      You can practically read the mind of his character as a viewer just from his face.
      That’s something many grown up actors can´t do.
      I mean honestly most child actors can control their voice in a way to put emotion in it, they even get the timing right and know how to move on set and if they can do all this they are already considered “good” …
      But to let the viewer feel what the character feels and that without any words…
      That’s unbelievable good.

8. The nail polish also goes back to the conversation with Lena, about how it makes her mad when she feels ashamed that she can’t show her love of Stef. Jude is standing up and not going to let someone make him feel ashamed anymore!

9. weeeeeeeeerk jude WEEEEEERK!! i love this character so much <3

10. Coal says:

I’ve really loved this 2nd half of season 2 of The Fosters. Its been brilliant and compelling story telling. I just wonder if Jesus will be back next season.

11. David4 says:

What is the song playing?

12. Marrcus says:

Hayden is slaying it as usual. Great actor.

Interesting to see that Connors dad seems to be giving up on the Jonnor hating. About freakin’ time.

13. Chelly Nelly says:

I SMILED LIKE AN IDIOT THE WHOLE TIME WHILE WATCHING THIS. YOU GO JUDE!!!!!! I love this show 😄

14. Mary says:

I am in tears I love that kid!!!! Don’t back down Jude!!! Love this show!!!!!

15. NYMomof3kids2007 says:

Callie needs to be adopted by Steph & Lena. There is something Robert is hiding more than cheating on his wife and it’s going to change Callie’s decision to definitely tell the courts her family is the Adams-Foster.

16. Nabil says:

Jude (and Hayden Byerly) are so awesome! I love that Jude is not afraid to stand up to hate and ignorance! I also love that he is fearless! GO JUDE! #jonner #judeisbackinblue #teamjude

17. Lorraine ross says:

My video keeps stopping at the beginning and I can’t watch it. Can somebody tell me what happens.

18. The video keeps stopping at the beginning and can’t watch. Can somebody please tell me what happens.

• MatRaupach says:

Try this:

• philipem1000 says:

I imagine you’ve seen the whole thing by now but Jude goes to Connor’s room and is met by his dad in the hallway, who tells him to go, but Jude refuses and says he wants to see his friend and he won’t leave until he does. Later on Lena is there and they talk and Jude tells her about them kissing in the tent and that their relationship is serious. She talks Connor’s dad into letting Jude into the room and the two of them cuddle on the hospital bed. Later Jude tells Callie that Connor is his boyfriend.

19. It was very clever of him to say “friend” to Connor’s dad, and brave of him to say he was his “cousin” to the nurse. When I usually tell a guy to ‘grow some balls’, I’m going to say ‘Paint some nails’ instead. lol. #blueforjude