Ratings: Blacklist and Vampire Diaries Tick Up, Scandal Slips vs. NCAA Hoops

The Blacklist Season 2 Ratings

NBC’s The Blacklist this Thursday drew 8.4 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating, rising 12 percent and a tenth week-to-week.

Leading out of that, The Slap (3.4 mil/ 0.7) was up 26 percent and one tenth.

Elsewhere, as CBS’ NCAA tourney coverage averaged 6.5 mil and a 2.0….

ABC | Grey’s Anatomy (7.8 mil/2.1) was flat in the demo, but Scandal (8 mil/2.4) and American Crime (5.7 mil/1.2) slipped three and two tenths, respectively, with the former hitting a season low.

FOX | American Idol (8.4 mil/1.8) was steady week-to-week.

THE CW | Vampire Diaries (1.6 mil/0.7) ticked up from last week’s series low, while Reign (1.1 mil/0.4) was flat.

1. Tran says:

Last night’s Blacklist was absolutely mind blowing from start to finish and I don’t know if Ryan Eggold is going to get nominated as the “performer of the week” for his amazing work in the episode.

• Daisy says:

It was certainly better than last week’s filler clip show episode.

• John says:

Clip show episodes need to die, may as well just air a rerun instead

• Tran says:

WHAT CLIP SHOW?! Gimme a break.

• ChicagoDan says:

Last week’s episode was so heavy on old clips, there was hardly any new material. That would’ve been OK to lead a season or after a long break, but in the middle of S2B episodes, pretty much a waste.

• Grey says:

Agreed.

Very rarely in this day and age does a clip show work (and last was definitely a clip show) but if your going to do one at least wait until you are three or four seasons into the run of the series. I almost tuned out last week once I realized it was 90% clip show and 10% story. What happen? Did Spader or the lead actress need an extra week off work?

• Nick says:

Last week was a clip show, but it was the best clip show I’ve seen bar none.

• kirads09 says:

Last weeks show made sense to me, I loved it and here is why. Lizzy was having to explain EVERYTHING as fully as she could to the Judge. And his reaction – how incredible hearing about all this must have seemed to him. So they showed flashbacks of what she was describing. She was incredibly truthful – at least as far as she could be. For those reasons, I didn’t mind the “clips” from previous events/episodes. I felt they were appropriate and well placed in the context they were shown. More clever than some shows too frequent “specials” trying to catch you up (I’m lookin at you OUAT).

• RTC says:

Haven’t watched the episode yet so I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not?

• Nick says:

In total agreement. Best episode so far this season.

2. 20dj10 says:

Both shows had awesome episodes it was exciting to watch lol

3. Aly says:

That ‘German’ on The Blacklist is killing me. I have to read the English subtitles to understand them and my first language is German. They could have made a better effort to get German actors or find a better language coach.

• Grey says:

If you haven’t already seen it, the TVGuide site asked the actor that plays Tom, Ryan Eggold, about it:

TVG: … And did you have to learn German for the role?
      Eggold: … I didn’t know any German except for the one or two words that everybody knows. We have a language coach on set … so I was just learning it as we go — learning what it meant in English and then learning the line in German and then trying to work on the dialect and trying to get it down if I could.

4. Boiler says:

Yea I’m a broken record but why is HoD supposedly cancelled again? Also NCAA tourney on 3 other channels beside CBS. Likely hurt other shows

5. Kim&Bey says:

Yay TVD…

6. AnnieM says:

I just assumed the Blacklist clip show was to help new viewers gained from the Super Bowl get up to speed?