Exclusive

Castle Sneak Peek: Is Beckett 'Making a Difference' in the World?

Loading video...

This Monday on Castle (ABC, 10/9c), the review of a murder victim’s personal effects has a personal effect on Beckett, as seen in this exclusive sneak peek.

In the episode “At Close Range,” Ryan is moonlighting on the security detail for a congressman attending a charity event when shots ring out. In the clip above, Kate and Rick (played by Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion) take stock of what the victim left behind in her purse — including a life that was generously spent “making a difference.”

Guest-starring in the episode are David Conrad (Ghost Whisperer) as Ryan’s brother-in-law Frank, plus Ricardo Chavira (Desperate Housewives) and Reiko Aylesworth (24), as Congressman Lopez and his wife Mia.

1. Regina says:

Getting tired of the Beckett “what does my life mean” storyline. It started back in 5 with the whole Fed “I really want this job” arc. Now she’s back doing a job she professes to love and married to the love of her life & is whining abt what is wrong with it. She seems to be easily unsatisfied about a life that at this point she should be thrilled about. I hope she figures something out as I really don’t want these last S7 epis to turn into “How can we make Becketts life even more special?” and nothing else.

• Simone says:

I think she’s allowed to want more. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. She doesn’t just have to be a NYPD Cop or Rick’s Wife. She can be whoever she wants. We know she only became a cop because of Johanna’s death, maybe she wants to do something for herself now that Castle has given her that strength :)

• Cassie says:

Well said, Simone. It’s disturbing to read that a young woman doing a job she loves and being married to the love of her life shouldn’t want more in life.

• John NYC says:

Yet the frame of the show IS the One Two: she leaves that she leaves the show.

They’re not going to assign a second unit to film in the Senate Chambers…..

• lkh says:

Agree with you except I don’t think Castle has given her any strength at all–maybe he’s given her the opportunity to make a change or at least think about one–emotional and financial support (don’t know about the emotional part here).

• ndixit says:

What BS! Castle has given her nothing but his full support and strength. He has always encouraged her to follow her dreams, even when she wanted to go to DC. So that is really uncalled for.

• lkh says:

you and I have a much different definition of strength–it’s a bit more innate for me. Of course, that can be BS to you.

• Just one thing says:

Castle offering her his support and strength is one thing, and it’s a great part of their relationship. But I think lkh was suggesting that Beckett’s strength comes from within. She was able to move forward on her own, but wouldn’t have gotten as far had she been doing it alone.
            By that same token, I don’t think being around Beckett has made Castle more compassionate. I think he already had compassion, and that he found an outlet for that by working with Beckett.

• ndixit says:

Well there are two different things. Internal strength of character, and external strength of support. Beckett has always had internal strength of character herself. But to say Castle has not given her any strength through his support and encouragement is just plain wrong. She would not have accomplished a lot of what she has without the strength offered by Castle(and Ryan and Esposito).

• lkh says:

peace. I’m not familiar with the “external strength of support” but I think I better understand you comment–maybe.

ps does that mean it wasn’t BS? or just a bit BS? hoping, hoping :]

• ndixit says:

Maybe I wasn’t clear with my earlier. When I say external strength, I mean doing stuff like showing the will to move to DC for her to have a more convenient life at the FBI. These are things Castle has done for her which gives her the strength and confidence to do whatever she wants with her career. Knowing that your partner supports you for whatever decision you make is a huge source of strength in my opinion. So maybe a bit of misinterpretation between you and me, lkh. So a bit BS it is.

• lkh says:

We shall agree to disagree. I’m happy to be just a little bit of a Bulls##ter

• NF and SK fan always says:

right on @ndlxlt if he didn’t give her any support he wouldn’t one would have brought the apartment in dc for them to live together, tried to fight to get back to her in TOOL, married her and looked her in “reckoning” just because on doesn’t all ways bold out say or do something doesn’t mean they don’t have support someone.

well said, smiles

• Alex says:

It could be interesting but it’s poorly done. And just like in S5, it’s coming out of nowhere …

• Regina says:

Yep it is. For the first time in her life she has the chance to relax and just enjoy it and she’s not content. The self doubt of last week combined with the “what purpose does my life serve” in this upcoming epi will get old fast. I think they are rushing to this as a way to nudge us towards the wrap up and the new direction the characters will go. Hence the out of the blue nature of this.

• N says:

Regina-I so agree!

• lkh says:

Absolutely–this is their exit strategy. But, I don’t think wanting a change in career or life is necessarily a bad thing.

• John NYC says:

It is within a show as a means to end it. Remembering this is a fictional character. She’s written with her seeking to finds herself off in Washington of wherever she’s written off the show. I like the character and would miss her.

• AliceinWonderland says:

@John, it would be suicidal to write Beckett off the show and I hope ABC is not planning to do that. There’s no show without Beckett as much as there’s no show without Castle.

• John NYC says:

Were Stana wanting to leave what choice would they have? Rise to the challenge would by my vote. Better than shutting it down and everyone’s out if work.

Hope not needed but the storyline is an odd one if it leads to “Beckett” leaving the 12th.

• Viv says:

It is not coming out of nowhere for Beckett. It is so real that she is questionning her life.

I know a lot of people like this, myself included. I have to be challenged all the time and when one goal is reached, I have to find another one.
          And now that my friends and I are reaching our mid-thirties, after working more than 10 years and being selted with families, a lot of us are questionning our jobs. Call it the new midlife crisis that is coming earlier and earlier.

Beckett spent I forgot how many years trying to solve her mother’s murder and put her killer behind bars. She only reached that goal 9 months ago.
          With the DC arc, we knew she wanted to do something else than being a simple cop at the 12th. The DC job didn’t work out for her. So it didn’t solve the problem, she is back where she started, wondering what she wants to do.

• Karen says:

That’s a good point, and Beckett is a driven character, not a sit-back-and-let-the-world-go-by type of person. She is thinking about what she wants to do, including having children, and until she figures out whether she wants promotion, a step sideways or a new challenge, she is going to look around her at what others have achieved to see where her aspirations might lead. She may well mentally ‘try out’ roles that she could do, only to find they are not such a good fit. Castle has shifted his focus several times while still being a novelist, and he certainly understands how she might want to expand her skillset.

• NF and SK fan always says:

exactly, great points. that is exactly what Castle did and there wasn’t sure a big deal but when Beckett didn’t seem like everyone (fans) got out of whack. I don’t see that it came out of no where, she’s been thinking about it since s5 with the dc arch, people go through changes all the time, she’s finally expressing them out loud, great for her. maybe the terror of being kidnapped and strapped to a table by dr creepy. did a number on her and she’s feeling the effects.

@regina
          I don’t think that it came out of the blue, look at the show as a whole not just one esp. i think that the trauma of the dr/castle’s disappearance is now surfacing and she wants balance also her emotions are surfacing as well…..you know being pregnant and what’s wrong with wanting more in life? also remember how this show is written not all characters actions ever come to a close, that’s why look at from a farther view not just week to week. to me it’s continued on since dc, maybe she feels like she failed there and wants to try something new like Castle did!

• GhostWolf says:

Agree it is being poorly done. It seems they are setting the stage for the show to finish production (either this season or next). What other direction can they go with the Beckett other than have Gates leave and she take over her position (changing the dynamics of the entire team). Plus, the entire Rick mystery from the beginning of the season continues to be pretty much ignored.

• Just one thing says:

It’s unfortunate that the went so randomly in that direction a couple years ago, without proper build-up or resolution, because, as you say, it feels like a rehashing of something we have seen before with Beckett.
      The difference is, if I ignore what happened in season five, I can actually make sense of her questions and doubt now. She isn’t doubting her life with Castle, and she isn’t making major career decisions without talking to him (yet?). But if you consider 7 years of one trajectory – again, discounting the ill-advised and poorly drawn FBI arc – then it’s not so redundant or annoying.
      This show has often gotten away with throwing new arcs and “mythology” at the wall, hoping viewers will follow. Presuming there’s a season eight, I’m not sure whether that will remain the case. Especially when they pick up and drop story arcs like toys.

• Kris says:

So true. I don’t know if it’s the writer’s or showrunner’s decision but that sucks a lot, and i now think that the series finale has a 60pct chance of sucking. I just hope it’s better than HIMYM’s ending!

I hope this is Castle’s last season! I don’t wanna see what more damage they can make to these characters if we get a s8.

• Daniela says:

Why are you questioning Beckett’s storyline? Everyone in life once in a while questions their life and yes she did do it back in Season 5 but back then her life was a bit confusing but now everything in her life has been taken care of so now she wants either a new career or family. Its no big deal to question it though.

• lkh says:

Agree. She’s in her 30’s and her motivation for being a cop has ended. And she has, presumably the resources and time to make a change-or at the least to explore it. tick, tick, tick

• AliceinWonderland says:

I agree. There’s nothing worst in life than being complacent about everything and doing nothing to make the world a better place.

• AliceinWonderland says:

It’s called having an ambition. You should try it sometimes.

• lynn says:

perhaps you are just to easy to satisfy. Nothing else for you to want, desire aim for!! Well lucky you!! some of us feel that a young intelligent woman should aim for all she can be and go for it. Just because she has a good job and is married perhaps she should just give up and be “satisfied” . She is obviously good at her job, is a good wife and a fine and loyal friend. That she also wants more is terrific! She has goals, everybody at all stages of life should have!

• Harry Wild says:

Beckett was questioning why she did not even make lieutenant or better yet a captain while a classmate is now already a Captain in the NYPD!

Answer is clear to me; she an okay leader and has no political savvy. In management; you have kiss ass and be able to say “Yes” to stuff that you don’t agree with personally and be able to follow orders that are contradictory to your beliefs.

Beckett will stay a first detective grade for the rest of her career! She has no smarts for management or she would of been promoted years ago like her classmate.

• srieley says:

Idon’t like this beckett. Just came out of nowhere. I hate to say it but I think this it their end of show strategy. I was hoping for a season 8 so we could have a good last season the brought closure for the fans, bit kinda feel like they are racing to wrap it up this year. I know both leads have yet to sign contracts and katic has all but said she feels the show has run its course. And with fillion starting his new Web series it doesn’t bode well for a season 8. I am keeping my fingers crossed l though.

• NF and SK fan always says:

in my eyes I think that the trauma of what the creepy dr is now surfacing and that she (the character) is pregnant and she’s trying to find that balance before making the announcement. I also think that maybe Castle’s disappearance is still weighting on her as well. maybe she thinks that part of it was her fault and that will be the next thing that drives her.

2. SPAMMER says:

[SPAM DELETED]

3. T says:

Doesn’t one of Nathan’s favorite charities have something to do with clean drinking water? Is this clip a free advertisement for his cause?

4. Lena says:

This is a little ridiculous. How can Beckett think she doesn’t make a difference after everything she’s done over the years ?

• Just one thing says:

The same reason why cool, calm, kick-ass, BAMF-Y Beckett was so disturbed by some cop from Hong Kong.
      She has short-term memory loss and lack or confidence when it’s convenient for the current “mythology” that the writers are designing.
      It’s really hard to see what they’re going to present to Beckett this season that’s different from the FBI arc and still moves Caskett forward.

JOT–that ‘mythology’ term is getting under your skin :]

• Just one thing says:

Haha, it is! Unless we find out something intrinsically new about Kate’s PAST, I don’t believe it qualifies as “mythology.” A new story arc about Beckett’s future is just… a new story arc…

• Just one thing says:

Never mind. Just read a spoiler on another site, and all I can say is WTF?? (Won’t get into specifics here; will wait for TVLINE to post the details when sanctioned.)
          But suffice to say… wow. Just wow.

• lkh says:

talk about WTF! you can’t do that–you’re out of order!

• lkh says:

hmmmmm, yes I think so too.

• Just one thing says:

Did you read that comment, too? I guess that’s one reason to get away with calling it her mythology. How they can justify revisiting something that was closed I’ll never know.
            Long ago, I wondered if the show would resurrect Johanna soap opera-style, even though Kate Beckett would have just cause to then go thermonuclear, bat – sheet crazy. When Revenge later went that route with Emily and David Clarke, I figured Castle writers would never do the same thing to Kate.
            Now I’m not so sure… Hopefully the backtracking is truly organic.

• lkh says:

not sure if I have or not–looking at the episode just before finale.

• Vickie B. says:

I think I read the spoiler you’re talking about. I was like how are they going to pull this one out?

• NF and SK fan always says:

i think that there is a lot of ways to look at it……some of these never really pan out the way that we think that they will go. that’s what makes it very interesting to read…..

• lkh says:

Huh–I missed that first go round–did you use the term BAM?

• TooManyJens says:

There are different ways of making a difference. Beckett’s job matters in the individual instances (getting justice for the families, etc.) but in the end there are always more killers. I could imagine someone in her position feeling like she was just fighting the same battle over and over, not making a structural difference. She might be feeling like she’d like to really change or create something, have a lasting legacy. Of course, I don’t know if this is the way they’re going with it. But I think that’s how I would write it.

• NF and SK fan always says:

good point I like it, and yes I can see that. When I saw the clip I thought she was seeing that her job was a repeating one.

• BK says:

Maybe she is just afraid to be a mom and that’s what this whole I don’t know what to thing is about. I think it depends on if there is another season, since I don’t think so I guess we don’t have to worry which job choice she is going to make.

5. lkh says:

Ok–here we go. Beckett decides she no longer is satisfied as cop and, being a Stanford grad, decides to go to law school-her original ‘life plan’. Law school is 3 years, but in TV time that is 3 weeks. After graduation, believe it or not, she opens an office specializing in criminal law. At this point, Espo has been kicked off the force and she has hired him as her investigator. Ryan is still at the 12th and becomes a source of inside police information for her. Gates is still around, her roll is mainly to roll her eyes and sigh. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending upon your perspective, Castle has been strangled in his sleep just for being annoying. Based upon all the online posts about how much Espo hated Castle, he is arrested for the murder. Beckett makes the decision to take his case. Spinoff: “Beckett’s Law”.

Does this make a difference? dunno

• I like your story line a lot. Her career as a lawyer can lead to making a Senate run. Even, maybe, a run at Bracken’s old Senate seat. Wouldn’t that be a hoot! However, I would keep Rick as annoying as he is as her husband so that they can have a kid or two to satisfy the Fandom. Plus, they can continue their mind melts somehow in their new scenarios. Some family life with occasional at home scenes would be nice. Not a lot but some. Also, by being a lawyer with a writer husband would mean that their being in harms way of gun fights while tracking down murders would be eliminated. Otherwise, she and Rick would need huge life insurance coverages on themselves for the children
      . “”Beckett’s Law” sounds like a winner!1 LOL!

• lkh says:

Yea, I guess in that time episode she became a Senator. I’d have to be talked into keeping him alive though. Thanks.

• Harry Wild says:

Attorney General – Kate Beckett! Above the Police Commissioner rank! LOL!

@ikh like it,

6. Cassie says:

Did anyone watch the clip? It’s hilarious to read the comments because nothing in that video is Beckett doubting what her life means or what she has next to Castle. LOL

• lkh says:

You’re right but there has been this underlying theme, her tone, her wrinkled brow, whatever, this season such that it appears as though they are preparing for her exit from the 12th. This is just a little piece of that. If this clip stood alone without grumblings or questioning or hints in prior episodes, you’re right, there was nothing earthshaking about it.

• Gern Blanston says:

It’s the Castle fandom. If everything isn’t 100% how they want it they go overboard and read wayyyyy too much into everything. It’s as bad as the HIMYM fandom was. They remind me of my teenage sister throwing a temper tantrum when she was grounded and couldn’t go out with her friends on the weekend.

• Shante says:

You are so right about this fandom. The Castle fandom is one of the most ungrateful fandom I’ve ever been a part of. So whiny and negative in general. Luckily I’ve met a few decent ones on blogs and Tumblr.

7. Kosha, Slezak's Sister says:

This is TV people. Kate, Castle, Ryan & Espo, et al are all FICTIONAL characters. Each week the writers try to ENTERTAIN us. Please don’t take this all so seriously!!

• Luis says:

I think people are complaining that the writers are failing to entertain us.

• John NYC says:

Or that the writers are writing one of the main leads out the door.

• Cassie says:

They can’t write Stana Katic off the show. Are they crazy?

• Shante says:

Or you’re completely wrong and will make an ass out of yourself. Perhaps you should wait until the episode airs or the season ends before you make such wild assumptions.

• John NYC says:

Shrug. It’s a speculation.

This IS a discussion forum after all.

Kudos on the “talk smart” fail.

@john

no one is writing her out yes her contract is up but it’s all or nothing for s8, just one of them leads it will not last!

• Shante says:

Who is us? I’ve been entertained for 7 seasons. Please speak for yourself. Nothing this show does satisfies some of you. Perhaps it’s time to find a new show and it’s not the writers fault you are unhappy.

• Just one thing says:

I wonder why those who are satisfied with the show don’t simply enjoy the show and ignore those who are dissatisfied. No one is telling you to dislike it or complain as much as they do. At least not in this page.
          I ignore people who hate the show and make personally disparaging comments about the people behind it, just as I am sure people ignore me and my comments.
          But what I’m describing is Interacting Online 101, so I’m going to assume TVLINE is truly your first rodeo.

• lkh says:

JOT–you’re a brave soul. I was gonna to say something to Shante but this poster seems angry. Good of you to take it on.

We’ve(all of us) had this discussion so many times, why can we just talk about the show, the writing, the story, the acting job, lighting, directing, opinions, predictions, speculations, etc–why do we call each other names and deride others’ comments? Just say what you think and whether you agree or disagree, don’t damn me to where ever. (that’s the universal ‘you’ not you, you)

I’m so glad I never lose my patience :D :D :D

@luis
        that’s kinda true, but will people just enjoy it!

• Patty says:

Yes, agreed. It’s a weekly TV show; enjoy it. Its job is to entertain its viewers. Ms. Katic, has often referred to her portrayal of Kate Beckett, as a job; one she is more than happy to have, but it’s a job.

8. Luis says:

First, five will get you ten right now the Congressman did it. Second, they’ve been working together almost seven years and Castle has never seen Beckett go through a victim’s effects? Really?

9. Marion says:

Beckett is my favorite character so after a whole season without anything related to her I’m glad to have something about her but this doesn’t really make sense. She should have asked herself all of these things after being fired of DC no ?
    Instead in two seasons we have her being happy as a detective – asking herself a lot of questions – wanting the job in DC – being fired – not having a lot of question about what she wants anymore and apparently not caring about being fired fomr the job she wanted so much three episodes ago – getting back to her old job as if nothing happened and now, she’s back to wondering what she wants to do ?

• DarkDefender says:

Ok.. I do not think the timing of Beckett’s doubt is incongruent with it happening now. At the end of season 5 she doubted the relationship and thought Castle was breaking up with her as she sought a bump upwards in her career path. Castle proposes and DC doesn’t work out because she needs more answers than he AG’s taskforce would give her. She spends ALL of season 5 planning out a wedding where Castle disappears. She then spends several months thinking the love of her life could be dead, burning up her faction days trying to find him. It takes a month or so to get kinda back to normal and the elope. After a “work” honeymoon, she gets kidnapped by 3XK. She murders Dr. Neiman (granted in self defense) by stabbing her with a scalpel.
      So now, with her marriage on autopilot and Castle back in the precinct (where she doesn’t have to throw him cases and they can work together again) she has settled in and the loft is getting crowded and Martha is talking “little Castle babies”.. She meets an international cop who has a similar life and appears to as good at her job as she is… And then an academy classmate gets promoted. Not a leap for her to be thinking of her future, whether she wants babies now (which will temporarily stall her career or possibly end it) or if she wants to get further in her career before she decides if she even wants to have kids.. Even though she has said she wants kids.
      What will monkey this up will be Castles disappearance resurfacing, but for now she is deciding on the next stage of her life. There is no doubt it includes Castle, but she is at a crossroads and at the moment, she has the time to contemplate it all.
      Seems to me the timing is about right.
      Just because we think Beckett is badass, doesn’t mean the TV character Beckeft thinks she is.

10. K says:

Kate Beckett is a great detective and is married to the love of her life. What more does she want? She seems a bit ungrateful. What is wrong with the way her life is now? Fans have been complaining about lack of Beckett all season long so I am thrilled that Beckett is finally getting more screen time.

11. jo ann says:

In rl stana katic is an actress and founder of a pretty impressive globel project. Why is it so hard to think she can’t do something more in her fictional life.

12. John NYC says:

Great, she can be written off camera off somewhere finding herself and I’ll enjoy Rick and the rest of the cast romping through the episode.

The ennui has gotten old, VERY old.

I’d miss Stanna but not as much as I’ll welcome the angst free Castle.

13. ndixit says:

The problem with this story is more about the way they are going about it rather than the concept. As a mid 30’s police detective, its natural for her to consider new aspects of her life because if she waited much longer, she would never be able to change. But what’s annoying here is about how Beckett is doubting her own accomplishments and about the fact that she makes a difference. She’s always been someone who knows that she helps people with what she does. Especially given that her own mother’s case, she knows that sense of closure she brings to the families of the victims. That’s why this turn of character is so grating. Its very unlike her. It would be one thing to think about having new priorities in life, like wanting to have a family and kids to enjoy that aspect of her life that her mother had when she was alive, or even wanting to progress professionally. But she should never be looking down at what she has done in her life so far.

• John NYC says:

Perhaps she’s signaled she wants off the show so they’re writing an exit path for the character.

I’ve never read any quotes from her saying that is the case but the abrupt introduction of the topic raises the possibility, no matter how remote. The actor is reading the lines…

• lkh says:

Do you really think it’s just her or is it a way to end the series?

• John NYC says:

If Nathan is interested in continuing then writing Becket off screen would really have to be about Stana. They (the writers) wouldn’t voluntarily delete such a successful character pairing.

Fillion can carry a show, but I’d hope he doesn’t have to try.

Or they’re wandering just a little and it’s not significant at all.

• Cassie says:

Nathan Fillion can’t carry a show, this is his first long running show and half of its success is due to his fictional relationship with Stana Katic. Remove her from the show and ratings will sink faster than the Titanic.

• ndixit says:

Cassie, based on that you could say half the actors in the world can’t carry a show. Fillion can carry a show just fine by himself. I agree that he can’t carry this show because it is a two lead show and it does not work without one lead or the other.

• NF and SK fan always says:

I think that NF can carry a show just not this one, the whole point of the show was a writer and his muse. if the “muse” runs away (leaves) then that point goes no where, and the 2ndary characters were not establish well, so they can’t step in either.

• NF and SK fan always says:

could be ending the series but it won’t be good way to.

• Gern Blanston says:

Beckett makes a difference on a small scale whereas the person that she is comparing herself to makes a difference on a large scale. Her knowledge that she makes a difference is in the moment only when she sees the family members getting their colsure and has no residual reminders since the people that she helps go on with their lives. This other person is in the news so everybody, including Beckett, knows that they make a difference while nobody outside of the few people that she has helped knows what kind of difference she makes. Feeling this way is only unlike her if she isn’t human.

• NF and SK fan always says:

my thought was that this was now surfacing cause of what she went though with Dr. Crazy and Tyson attack.

14. lame says:

I agree with those that say this seems like TPTB are wrapping things up.. At this point in time Castle is beginning work on episode 21, We should by the time 21 airs if there will be another season. Maybe TPTB already know.

• lame says:

And I agree with those that say once Johanna Becketts murder was solved, the driving force for Beckett to continue in the NYPD diminished exponentially.

• NF and SK fan always says:

not necessarily will we know by then or not…….we may or may not……

15. adh4u says:

I’m getting tired of the fact that only Beckett has important decisions to make in her life in the whole show…..hell castle’s missing two months have no impact on their lives but Beckett’s insecurity about her future has a lot more importance.

Despite of the fact that i didn’t like s6 finale and the random introduction of the new arc i was glad that the show will go around castle but ignoring such a strenuous part of their lives so easily is damn wierd.

• lame says:

Yes, but for some unknown reason that story was effectively buried and no one seems to give a damn.

• hud says:

Castle went off with his secret agent mission with his father, so they could bond. Once the mission was over he was given drugs to erase his experience. This way he can “protect” mother and daughter from the “truth”. His father works with the DOD and have discovered alien life in the midst of New York…

• lkh says:

THANK YOU–agree. Previously when I said this was weird, people posted that they all should just trust him. Excuse me please–if my spouse to be went missing on my wedding day after a fiery crash, and was gone for 2 months–I might be a nag and ask about it. Kinda really want an answer to that little interruption in our lives. Was it just a gimmick? Did one of the writers forget they were working on this part? Did someone retire and forget to leave notes? Is anyone gonna be satisfied if they answer the question during a 10 minute portion of the final episode? What’s the plan here?

• NF and SK fan always says:

that’s what 7×20 is going to be a bout and then touched up on in the finale.

• amogh says:

actually the uncertainty about the next Castle season is creating a havoc for the writers. Well they have to check that classic Castle episodes are not missed out plus individual cast centered plus 3XK plus Rick’s mythology plus Kate’s mythology (future episodes) and Rick as P.I. I think that’s too much for a single season.

• NF and SK fan always says:

agreed with you there, I just hope what ever they decide to do they can get us closure of some short and not just some lame ending (which I think might happen). I will like I wasted years on them and I deserve better we all do. but on the other hand I won’t blame them from walking away-after the crap that was pulled for us and them!

• amogh says:

Well I would like if show goes for one more season this will give the writers some time to pull the crap together and hope the decision comes soon so that finale doesn’t end up lame (which you think and is very much possible). same thing happened with dexter’s show finale. Messed it up completely and then writers went around explaining the weird ending.

• John NYC says:

Well, unfortunately years sometimes don’t help… HIMYM?

😋

• amogh says:

got your point john!!

16. amogh says:

ya and not just that….its like only she has this syndrome in the whole show…..despite of the fact that we have hints that castle had had troublesome childhood…..still only few episodes have been dedicated to this fact.

And if they really think about wrapping up the show….they should have added more episodes on castle mystery.

17. Harry Wild says:

Castle last episode had a 1.5 rating! Writers better bring back the magic or it is curtains! They should of not gone off track with all the personal stuff that had nothing to do with the crime solving. Lost a 1 share because of all the Beckett personal stuff follow by the Castle personal stuff and it when from a good 2.8 to now 1.5 rating in the last two seasons of crappy personal stuff. If you want the previous seasons on TNT; you can see how great those episodes are now compare to the current episodes.

• Betisa says:

do you know something about ratings? you should check the ratings at 10pm these days. Castle was the best show for ABC at 10pm and the most wached scripted show this week. Plus, ratings has nothing to do with quality.

• NF and SK fan always says:

exactly well put, now saying all that it was not the best numbers but it was what they are and you have to deal with it. and you’re right about the quality. I’m enjoying the show less these pass say two weeks then all season. I hope that tomorrow esp will be a good one.

18. amogh says:

dude if that fake henry jenkins knew that castle had made it clear that he was not interested in recalling his past than why did he identify him from the photo when espo and kate interrogated him??

19. amogh says:

I missed that beckett and castle didnot attend a single social event despite of castle’s fame.

Not a single poker game since their relationship grew.
    Such events were great way of bringing back the GONE MISSING part.
    Castle didn’t give a single theory where he could have gone?
    And given the fact that Beckett is continuously nagging about her future her insecurity, writers should have presented little of Castle’s insecurity about his disappearance.
    In the being beckett was too skeptical and than the complete show till now and just a little emotional effect in a single episode doesn’t cover all of it.

• lkh says:

Maybe part of her insecurity lies with the fact that her husband was missing for 2 months without any reason or explanation.

• NF and SK fan always says:

and the fact that she was kidnapped by the dr and tyson.

• amogh says:

thats true for sure but castle has also gone thru same hardships…….seeing him always trying to uplift kate’s moral is getting more frequent(again)….personally I really liked when castle became P.I. and kate was seen backing him up.

• NF and SK fan always says:

I know that was so sweet and I guess now it’s his turn to be there for her! Maybe he will be by the season finale they both can be there and “dive” into it together.

20. Dave says:

Don’t know if this is a continuity issue or a plot point, but the “second phone” said the date was Sunday October 21. The two closest years when October 21 was a Sunday are 2012 and 2018.

21. Sara says:

“She’s got a second phone.” “Anything on it?” Uh, how would she know? Beckett doesn’t have the password – it’s not like she has magical cop access to all phones. And why a motivation for murder? Lots of people have two phones – one for work, one for personal.

• coxmom1 says:

Just like lots of people have 2 phones .. Lots of people don’t password their phones ..

Evidently not the Secretary of State :D

• John NYC says:

The motive for murder was what she obviously saw ON the unlocked phone. No password for convenience probably outranks those using “password” or “1234” for the code funnily enough.

The best phone makes do is set the requirement as a default in setup: but people override that, one of the reasons Apple put in TouchID, to make opening a locked phone that bit more convenient so people would use security. But it’s not mandatory.

Helens, seat belts. Some just expect it won’t ever happen to them…

22. coxmom1 says:

If you were paying attention to last weeks episode, she is trying to figure out her priorities, focus on ‘what matters most’ and gain balance .. I think this is all foreshadowing of Beckett and Castle starting a family .. And her feeling that would add more meaning to her life. This is a perfect story line for those of us who want to see that side of Caskett. On a side note the part in this clip about the woman providing water to poor counties … That’s the nature of Nathan Fillions own charity work .. I don’t think that is a coincidence

23. Amanda Davis says:

Please keep Castle it’ s clean, warm and fuzzy

24. Lorel says:

I’d like to see the kids coming, or maybe a move into politics towards that senatorial seat, but maybe I’m just hoping that Castle doesn’t get canceled this year!!!!! i just love this show!

• NF and SK fan always says:

i don’t think it has to do with canceling or not it’s more about contracts being signed or not!

• lame says:

When the 3XK episodes only drew 7.96 mil and a 1.6 demo, that is a problem.

• NF and SK fan always says:

okay, but from what we are read a lot of places is that even though the numbers are down that ABC is not ready for it to go, but contracts on the other hand are not signed (at least as of Mon). I know that ratings plays apart in this as well, but not the only thing.

• amogh says:

still those scores are better than many other shows…. and producers do look forward for another season, it’s what seamus said “bringing everyone at the table”.

• NF and SK fan always says:

that doesn’t sound to good to me, but you’re right it’s about getting everybody on the same page one way or the other. I just hop that it is known soon.

25. lame says:

Like so many I wished TPTB would have stuck with the original idea of making this season where we learned Rick Castle’s back story. The how and why he became a master of writing heinous crimes. It had to be a process not something that happens over night. I hope it isn’t treated like the wedding, tacking on to the last couple of minuets of an unrelated episode.

• NF and SK fan always says:

it about 7×20 we will get some answers then in the finale.

• Cassie says:

And I wished TPTB would have stuck with the original premise of the show, a writer and his muse solving crimes together not separately.

• NF and SK fan always says:

true to that but I’m glade they shook it up some, I wouldn’t have stuck around as long as I did. And I don’t no many people who would want to stay that way cause they wouldn’t move as people. I think yes they could have handled it alot better, but I do enjoy the show and always think of it as the best.

26. Tara says:

I think the “Am I making a difference” story line they have been building to…is an foreshadowing to a baby in their future.

27. Tara says:

28. amogh says:

29. amogh says:

• NF and SK fan always says:

that’s what I was hopping wouldn’t happen to such a great show, I thought if they ended it now then the finale would be lame and a waste of time (and talent). That fans would be mad (I know that I would be!) and might not ever come back for both the network or for the actors!

30. Beckett makes a difference in MY world.

• NF and SK fan always says:

mine too actually both of them did, I know that they Beckett and Castle are fictional, but they helped me a lot. and now they’re leaving…….

31. harunist says:

She’s making a difrence in my world.

32. A bride now has the ability to make her choices in a relaxed
    and comfortable setting. Outfits with this neckline are ideal for you if you have a petite
    body. Additionally, consider an A-line skirt or a wrap dress.

33. d.s. powell says:

There is no Castle without Beckett and via versa. this has always been a love story to me. If it is cancelled so be it. take them both or keep them together. thiis is one of my fav shows, I’d hate to see it ripped apart. Please give use a happy ending.