Exclusive

Arrow First Look: Felicity's Smoakin' Mom Is Here to Brighten Your Day

Like a ray of sunshine slicing through Starling City’s brooding, gray clouds, Donna Smoak is on her way back to The CW’s Arrow, and we’ve got your first look at Charlotte Ross‘ encore.

In the April 1 episode, “Public Enemy,” Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is pleasantly surprised when her luminous mother shows up at the hospital to offer her support after Ray (Brandon Routh) is injured during an attack on the mayor’s office.

Meanwhile, Team Arrow and the SCPD are out in full force seeking Ray’s assailant, but things take an unexpected turn when Ra’s al Ghul kidnaps [SPOILER].

Click on the photo gallery below to check out the fresh photos of Mama Smoak.

1. wentspeedup says:

Yes i love Donna and her dynamic with Felicity. I cant wait for her !

2. Georgia Madman says:

So psyched! Maybe she’ll chill Captain Lance out some. Felicity’s mom’s got it goin’ on!

3. jay says:

Her mom didn’t come when Oliver died to show her support? Sure show. and once again, Felicity is isolated from the main plot to suport Ray in his story.

• Sarah T says:

They never told anyone Oliver was dead, only that he was “away on business” so actually not isolated to support Ray.
      My guess, this is her Mom’s way of being there like she said she would be. Especially given that Felicity and Ray are dating now and she probably wants to get to know Ray a little better.

4. Does SPOILER rhyme with “Mia” and is somehow the TV version of Mia Dearden?

5. If this were the comics or a cartoon, Ray would be in a coma and need someone to go inside his head to fix what is making him sick, a la Fantastic Voyage, so they would need to use his size-reduction technology to do just that. If they did that in live-action, it would be the most fantastic episode of any of these TV series ever.

6. CM says:

Perhaps Mom can’t knock some sense into Felicity (and the writers) and turn her into a likeable character again.

• Sara says:

FELICITY will always be a likeable character. I’ve liked her since 1×03 and everything she does and says is not out of character. She is allowed to grow and mature and be the voice of reason.

• CM says:

S1 & 2 I agree. S3 she’s a mess. More petulant teenager than mature woman. Hence unlikeable.

• John NYC says:

Oliver needs FAR more calling out than Felicity has so far delivered.

• Kelly says:

Oliver still needs more calling out then any other character. He needs to get his head in the game or head out of his butt. He’s still no closer to dealing with his identity crisis then he was at the beginning of the season.

• Kelly says:

I agree. I find Felicity very likeable this season and very mature. I love that she is still strong and stands up for herself. Also love that she’s used for more than comic relief. But I do find all the characters and the overall season this year kinda depressing.

• lucifer says:

Its funny that I love Felicity now more than ever.

7. GildedRose says:

Thrilled to see Donna Smoak back! Love her and adore Felicity Smoak. Hopefully this will be the start of Donna seeing Felicity’s feelings for Oliver and helping her figure out what she really wants (that’s Oliver/Felicity together, of course). I’m hoping Arrow brings Donna on as a recurring and puts her together with Quentin. That guy not only needs more story but he needs some love & happiness in his life and Donna definitely brings that ray of sunlight with her.

• Brenda says:

I agree with everything you say, so glad to have Charlotte Ross and Emily Bett Rickards together on my screen again. Hopefully Donna has scenes with her future son in law Oliver and one Captain Lance. #Olicity #SmaoknLance

8. Love Mama Smoak! And she looks gorgeous! Any chance of Detective Lance getting a look at her? I bet that would make him stutter step!

9. Luis says:

Even more Charlotte Ross please!

10. I can’t wait to see Mama Smoak again. Hope she has some valuable words of wisdom for Felicity. ;)

11. Kate says:

Mama Smoak yes! I’m so happy she’s back but I’m not happy that Felicity is once again left to babysit Ray while everyone else is in on the action. Can Ray just fly off to his spin-off already? What a useless character.

12. Meg says:

I love Donna Smoak. I assume Ray wasn’t in his ATOM suit when he gets injured. Interesting…Can’t wait to watch.

13. Charles Harvard says:

I really enjoyed episode 16!!! Because all of team Arrow followed Oliver’s leadership and Felicity was so kind to him. I look forward in seeing Donna Smoak again because she is closer to my age group.

14. Jimmy says:

Charlotte Ross was such a great casting choice for this role. She and Emily Bett Rickards are great together.

15. Charles Harvard says:

Is it time for Oliver hit Ray with a van, like Felicity did when she hit Isabel. Then Oliver can load him up and take him to S.T.A.R. labs in Central City. So he can get back his company, and Felicity.

16. Kelly says:

Yes to more Donna. She is awesome and I love the Smoak family chemistry. Hope we see lots more of Donna this season and next and maybe some Donna/Capt Lance and more on Felicity’s backstory/family

17. Kelly says: