Keep or Cut? Vote on the Fate of Castle, Dixie, Mindy and Other 'Bubble' Shows

Come mid-May (if not sooner), the networks will be have to make some tough calls about which remaining “bubble” series will return for the 2015-16 TV season, and which — cue ominous thunderclap — won’t. As they sweat out those decisions, TVLine welcomes you to review our gallery of renew/cancel polls and have your say.

Should Castle, Blue Bloods and Mysteries of Laura cop new seasons? Will The Following scare up another renewal? Should the Hart of Dixie keep beating? Have Cristela, The Odd Couple and About a Boy at risk of having their last laughs?

TVLine presents this alphabetical round-up of “bubble” shows — from admitted long-shots and legit fence-straddlers to slightly surer things — and cordially invite you to cast your legally non-binding vote on each show’s fate!

1. Jakob says:

Hart of Dixie is already cancelled!

• TV Gord says:

No, it’s not.

• Jakob says:

That actors and writing staff confirmed it on twitter. Where have you been over the last few days?

• Sara says:

But the network itself has yet to confirm, so it isn’t official, regardless of what people involved with the show have been saying. Do I think it is probably done? Yes, but still, not quite official yet.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Seriously. If iZOMBIE had cratered out of the gate (which it didn’t) or THE MESSENGERS bombs (which it likely/hopefully will), who’s to say what The CW might do? It’s all about the prettiest girl at the bar come closing time.

• John NYC says:

Officially done and contracts with cast are voided painting the network into a corner: by NOT officially canceling they’ve hedged their bets until replacements have been run up the flagpole to see who salutes (and in what numbers).

• Rex says:

To put it mildly, you’re just being a douche.

If the creator and cast is under the impression it is canceled, it is over. They clearly have communicated with network officials to get that impression.

Who cares when it “officially” is canceled? In fact, when networks send out press releases they usually haven’t even filed the paperwork to officially cancel those shows yet, they just know they’re going to.

• lois says:

Its done already. Move on

• TV Gord says:

Scott Porter’s tweet has been deleted, leading me to think someone told him to take it down. I expect it to be cancelled, but it hasn’t been yet. That makes it fair game for this poll.

• Tran says:

Don’t know why the execs at the CW are somewhat in a state of confusion about the fate of HoD. They demand a DEBATE.

• brandydanforth81 says:

They’re not.Its cancelled-the showrunner and two actors at least have said so.CW just won’t confirm it til May upfronts where the’ll also announce the fates of IZombie,Messengers.

• Sally says:

How are people not watching MARRY ME?????? Haven’t we learned anything from Canceling Happy Endings, its a bad idea!!

• Kim&Bey says:

Marry Me is nothing like Happy Endings, I watched it hoping it would be but no..it’s not!
        I will not be surprised if it’s cancelled

• rowan77 says:

I LOVE Marry Me. I think creatively it was a little shaky in parts, but when it was good (which was most of the time) it was really terrific. I love the banter and silliness – but I also believe these two neurotics love each other. I buy the relationship and I buy the friendships they have. I hope NBC gives them a second season.

• Papa Lyn says:

Another fun. Feel good show out the window. Yet some of the most violent sadistic dark fantasy shows continue to overtake the airways.
      Please let Dr. Zoey Hart and crew continue to make us laugh!
      SAVE HART OF DIXIE!!!

2. Dee says:

Is NCIS LA really on the bubble? I thought it was a “sure thing,” at least on the Renewal Scorecard.

3. Jakob says:

Most of these shows are either certain renewals (Elementary, TMP, Nasshville etc) or certain cancellations (AAB, Marry Me, Constantine etc).

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

The parameters for this annual TVLine feature have always, famously been loose. (Ergo the word “bubble” in quotes.) Vote, enjoy, discuss over supper!

• Jakob says:

Bubble usually means toss ups, tho.

• Rich Abey says:

Putting Castle as a ‘bubble’ show is understandable given the ratings slump this season & pending contracts but putting Person of Interest, one of the best shows on TV, in the same purely due to lower ratings compared to past seasons is almost criminal, cause the ratings decline is due to the show becoming much more serialized than fans who enjoyed the show as a procedural would have liked causing many of the viewers to stay away.

• Grey says:

Yeah but the accountants and excutives at the networks don’t care *why* people aren’t watching. All they’re concerned with is money. Fewer viewers (18-49 year olds specifically) means less ad revenue. Less ad revenue means less profit. At the end of the day it’s a business and if a show isn’t making them money, *or* significantly less money than it once did, it gets cancelled. A show being “much more serialized” isn’t going to save it or not make it a bubble show. I don’t mean to sound harsh but that’s the reality of it.

4. murley says:

What about Galavant? Is it considered on the bubble? For the record, keep it!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

We already ran a poll on GALAVANT on finale night: http://tvline.com/2015/01/25/galavant-season-1-finale-review/

• murley says:

True. I guess I am also trying to get a feeling for its chances for renewal. I might be the only person that feels this way but it is pretty high on my renewal wish list!

• Tallee says:

I enjoyed it SO much more than I expected to. It was a breathe of fresh air. I wouldn’t want to watch a full season of it, but at a slow time of year, with just a small season- it was a nice break and I really enjoyed it. I’d gladly watch a second season. (Vinnie Jones kills in this, btw.)

• Jakob says:

Ratings were not good, so certain cancellation. Sorry. I enjoyed the show, too.

• Tran says:

I really never watched Galavant since the beginning. It’s like Glee in medieval times and the music is really deaf upon ears. No interest of this crappy musical comedy and I have a feeling it won’t get a Season Two. :-(

• murley says:

It was actually more like Monty Python or the Princess Bride than Glee. It was irreverent and bawdy and a lot of fun. I don’t know enough about these things to know if the ratings were good or not but I think they were pretty consistent and I am hoping that is enough for a show than airs in the gap. I am not giving up hope!

5. Mary says:

There wasn’t a way to vote on Tim Allen’s show, but cut.

6. Sarah T says:

Mine didn’t have a way to vote for “Last Man Standing” (with Tim Allen) not to be confused with “Last Man on Earth”.

7. Deion says:

POI is a bubble show?! I will have heads.

• Patrick says:

It has enough eps for syndication, and it has to be expensive to produce. All the regular actors were high ticket items from the word jump, and that is only going up. Its numbers have declined. I love it, but I get why its on the bubble. I feel like it will be back, but CBS seems to be setting it up for a final season next year.

• Deion says:

Well that I can understand, I just don’t see how this season can play as an ending. I’d be satisfied with one more.

• Ben says:

Me too… POI is a show that needs a proper ending, not to go out hanging. 5-7 seasons has always been my sweet spot for a show telling an entire story, so I wouldn’t mind if it ended next season, but I’d ideally like to get a couple more.

• JC says:

No they aren’t. Where are you even getting this?

• Stevie says:

matt “samaritan” mittovich to the rescue, pls?? what is POI’s status?

• Rich Abey says:

Have no worries we will get at least 1 more season or else ‘The Man in the Suit’ will make sure CBS execs’ heads will roll (or rather knees!).

• Mike says:

In the finale we will find out that Harold’s machine was hacked by an orthopaedic surgeon to get more work from John, Root, and Sameen’s efforts.

8. Tran says:

My bold predictions: shows to KEEP – Agent Carter, Agents of SHIELD, Blue Bloods, Castle, Elementary, Fresh Off the Boat, Hawaii Five-O, Last Man Standing, The Middle, The Mindy Project, Nashville, NCIS: LA, The Night Shift and The Odd Couple. Shows to CUT – About a Boy, Backstrom, Battle Creek, Constantine, Cristela, CSI: Cyber, The Following, Forever, The Last Man on Earth, Marry Me, The Mysteries of Laura, Resurrection, Stalker and State of Affairs. Shows that should get a proper “final season” – CSI (what gives?), Person of Interest and Revenge.

• Isaac says:

The Last man in earth cut? You’re jocking right

• Tran says:

No I’m not “joking” around. Never watched it and have no interest in it. Don’t know why people like it because of the performance by Will Forte of SNL fame.

• Lora says:

I hope you don’t take this as antagonistic but if you have not watched the show yet, is it really fair to cut it based on the performance of its lead actor in a sketch comedy? I had some problems with the show as well, primarily that it felt like it was written with an actor like Jim Carrey in mind. I would vote to cut it based on the writing. Will Forte was not the problem in Last Man on Earth.

• Ben says:

Tran – your list looks really solid to me (as a guess, as opposed to a preference), I wouldn’t be surprised if you get nearly 100% when up fronts comes along.

• Tran says:

You’re almost right Ben. I’m not trying to be a betting man here if I can go ALL IN like in Texas Hold ‘Em poker.

• HAP says:

I really do not think NBC will cancel both Mysteries of Laura and State of Affairs. One will definitely get axed.

• Laurie Emerson says:

I agree with just about all of the above but I have to say I enjoy Forever.

• Joy Davidson says:

Cut Stalker?! I say NO WAY!

• Andrea Miller says:

Agree, Joy Davidson. Please, CBS, keep Stalker!!! Scorpion really stretches plots and is pretty repetitive but it’s definitely getting renewed. CSI: Cyber does not impress me although I like Peter MacNichol and Patricia Arquette. I still enjoy Hawaii 5-0 and I think CBS shuffling its schedule has hurt it and a couple of other shows’ ratings. We really didn’t need a New Orleans version of NCIS although it’s a nice show. Also, how can they keep renewing the utter dreck that is Under the Dome?!! Feeling really frustrated right now. I hope Forever survives. It’s a nice little procedural with a bit of a twist and Ioan Gruffuld is a good actor.

• John says:

Why should CBS keep Stalker it’s ratings never seemed to suggest it’s worth keeping

• Citygirl says:

NOT Forever. CSI will never get a proper finale. One more season for Person of Interest – not until the team beats Samaritan.

• Hilda says:

Why on earth would you say cut “Forever” it’s the best show on TV at the present, it has the best actors and the episodes are so well written, I will be so mad……

• You weren’t kidding about bold.

• Susan says:

I agree with you!

9. I am still confused why you put Castle on this list. The numbers aren’t bad for a veteran show and ABC really doesn’t have a huge hit that is going to take its place on Monday night. The only reason I can see TV Line is including Castle is because the other shows on the list are yawn worthy and on their last legs anyway so Castle draws people, like me playing the sheep and doing so, to this site. The only other reason to include Castle is because Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion have not signed on for a season eight as of yet, so that really doesn’t put it on the bubble, just in the hands of the stars.

• Laura says:

Yup, everything you said.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

Because this highly unscientific, purely recreational, legally non-binding survey is not just about whether a show will or won’t be renewed, but should it be? And people can have opinions. E.g. A year ago, regardless of the “numbers,” I voted to CUT Revolution, because no way did I want to see that Season 3.

• Katherine215 says:

Season 3 wouldn’t have been *that* bad… I loved that show, thanks for getting it canceled, Matt! (just kidding)

• Steven says:

To have Castle on the Bubble but not The Good Wife is surprising. It’s hit series lows this season and has me worried a lot more than Castle.

• John NYC says:

Yes, but you’re contractually obligated to impose that suffering on yourself ( a sacrifice we fans duly appreciate). We viewers are not. :)

So unless we’ve got a competing project in the pipeline, meh. [Unless, as stipulated above, it’s a, shudder, reality show….]

• herman1959 says:

Wait, Matt gets to vote?

• Allie says:

Totally agree, the only thing putting Castle on the bubble is if the leads will be back or not. If they are a go, there is no doubt we will get a season 8.

• SEI625 says:

Agreed!! Only thing holding ABC from renewing Castle is Nathan and Stana signing on the dotted line for one more season. The network needs Castle!!

• Nick says:

Castle has been considered a bubble show largely because Stana Katic and Nathan Fillion are not yet under contract for next year.

10. Joy Davidson says:

PLEASE KEEP STALKER!!

• brandi says:

I love Stalker. I can’t wait to watch it Wednesday nights after my kid goes to bed. I also really like Forever. But I think I’m going to lose both of those.

• Joy Davidson says:

If Stalker is canceled I’m totally done with CBS. They always cancel the good shows and renew the really bad ones. At this point I think CBS is just pathetic!

• John says:

Yes CBS is pathetic for not renewing a show which is towards the bottom of their ratings totem pople, networks have reasons for cancelling shows in Stalker’s case not enough people were watching it compared to the networks other shows

• Robert says:

Doesn’t matter if ratings are not good enough they cancel it abc going do it to revenge and that good show

• Robert says:

Their still revenge on abc

11. Merrcherr says:

castle has a 61% vote to keep…highest rating of any show mentioned in the poll..I understand the numbers this season haven’t been as stellar as s6 but I sincerely doubt ABC would do away with this unconventional hit so unceremoniously as a post finale cancellation

12. Betty says:

Please keep The Mindy Project. I know the ratings are bad, but I love it so much.

13. csr says:

Cristela is the funniest and best written comedy on television right now, and it keeps getting better. It must be renewed. Would also like to see Hart of Dixie, Person of Interest and Agents of Shield return.

14. alyssa says:

It’s pretty pathetic that these kinds of useless articles even exist. Instead, why don’t you post about FACTS and TV news and stick to that instead of posting these polls about what the public thinks should get cut. This website does nothing but play favorites over and over again. Bones’ ratings have never been all that great and I’ve never seen it be considered a bubble show. And yet Castle’s have been better, they’ve won countless PCAs, has syndication, and yet it’s here? Even after the president of ABC has announced how much he loves Castle and looks forward to its return? Contract negotiations are the only thing standing in the way, as said by TV By the Numbers- aka the only website worth trusting when it comes to shows’ fates- and they’re not unheard of or rare. So TV Line, instead of attacking actual successful shows, why don’t you focus on the facts instead or riling people up for a pathetic excuse of ‘fun’. I’ve lost so much respect from this website. Unbelievable.

• Katherine215 says:

I think you are maybe taking this a bit too seriously…

• Kiddoo says:

I think the issue is the use of “bubble” to describe these shows. As anyone that reads TBTN knows, most of these shows aren’t actually on the bubble. A better description would be ‘shows whose fate have yet to be determined’.

As for the fanboy aspect of the polls, I’m fine with that. In fact, I kind of enjoy seeing the rabid nature of fans (myself included?). It’s sad though when a show’s actors/showrunner, etc. have said the show is done and yet some people can’t accept reality (HoD).

• Fran says:

I happen to like these “useless” articles. I find it fun to hear everyones differing opinions. If you dont, that’s fine. But don’t be rude to those that do. Yes I can look at sites that just detail ratings, but since the majority of households don’t have a Nielsen box, I’d rather read what everyone else likes to watch. I also dont see how they’re “attacking” Castle, they cover the show extensively here. It may not necessarily be a bubble show and ABC may want to renew the show, but they may not have a choice if the two leads don’t sign on. It’s just a fun little poll, I don’t think its worth taking so seriously. If you don’t enjoy the site maybe just stick with the ones that you do like.

• ER1986 says:

I don’t think you have your facts straight.. Up until two season’s ago Bones ratings were higher than Castle’s, and it doesn’t matter because they are not in the same network. For Fox Bones is still one of its highest rated scripted shows, and it has shown to be one that has the most loyal fans which follow it to whatever new night or time Fox schedules it. Can you say the same about Castle? A show that is protected by having lead-in like Dancing or Bachelor. How would Castle do without those lead-ins? Not great given the few times it has aired without protection.

Also network executives when ask about any show on their network always reply “we love (insert show)”. All shows are “love” by the network up until they are cancelled

TVLine is perhaps the only “non-fan” site that covers the show. I don’t see many other sites that devote at least an article a week to the show.

• Shante says:

Um. Bones didn’t have better ratings than Castle in their S3 and S4. That would be Bones S7 and S8. I’d love to see where you’re getting your info.

• ER1986 says:

The following comes from Spotvault a site that provides ratings info. for all shows. The data is the 18-49 L+SD average per season.

Show Sea 1 Sea 2 Sea 3 Sea 4 Sea 5 Sea 6 Sea 7 Sea 8 Sea 9 Sea 10
          Bones 3.714 3.214 3.173 2.892 2.877 2.991 2.392 2.137 1.72 1.43
          Castle 2.43 2.58 2.67 2.31 2.04 1.93 1.63

• ER1986 says:

Bones versus Castle.
          Season 6 > Season 3 (2.991 versus 2.67); Season 7 > Season 4 (2.392 Versus 2.31); Season 8 > Season 5 (2.137 versus 2.04); Season 9 < Season 6 (1.72 versus 1.93); Season 10 < Season 7 (1.43 versus 1.63)

• Joy Davidson says:

I think TV By The Numbers sucks! I would rather trust this website over a website that talks negative about certain shows. Sometimes I even find their comments so cruel that I don’t even go on that site anymore.

• Nero tTVf says:

I think part of this ‘bubble watch’ process is to prepare fans for the ‘possible’… the ‘what might happen.’ I think everyone likes at least some of the shows listed as ‘bubble’ on this list. However, I think we can all agree, many of these show are going to be canceled – there is no way around it. The networks needs room for new pilots coming along in May at Upfront. Something always has to go to make room for ‘the new.’

So, I look at this process now in March-April as an opportunity for all of us to prepare ourselves for these possible series to come to an end. Television is a business – shows like Castle and Revenge cost big money for both the networks and the studios (and sometimes, they are one in the same). Additional costs for salaries, etc. must be picked up by someone. So the networks wonder if they have something ‘better’ in the pilot pipeline. Thus, there are many possible outcomes that can lead to ‘cancelation’, and it is not always due to poor ratings.

Matt and the gang said something very smart last year – it is worth noting again here for this year for all of us to think about –
      *************The competition regarding what show goes via cancelation in May and what stays is not always ‘inter-network’ – it is not what one show’s ratings are up against another show on another network. **********

*************The competition is ‘intra-network’, or between shows on the same network. The strongest will survive, and the ‘weakest’ within a network will be eliminated to make room for fresh series. What constitutes ‘weak’ – that is the question. It can be ratings, age of show, cast members reaching end of contracts, studio refusing to pick up the costs of an older show, or perhaps the network refusing to pitch in and pay the added costs. ***************

That’s why we need to do these ‘bubble lists’ – they help us think like programming execs (except, we are far wiser than they are!) as to the how and why a show (good ones as well) sometimes gets canceled in May.

15. Eric says:

The number of “don’t watch” responses was probably most telling…myself included

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

It is highly entertaining (and or sad) to see which shows get a higher percent with “I don’t watch” than either KEEP or CUT.

• John NYC says:

That seemed the preferred alternative to “cut”: unless I’ve got a competing project why should I advocate cutting a show just because I’m not interested? Is my thought process.

ETA: Okay I take that back: CUT Every. Reality. Show. In. Existence.!!

• mike says:

I agree but I fall into the i dont watch on several of these. Maybe if more watched they wouldn’t be “bubble” shows.

• Ro says:

I don’t watch a majority of the shows in this poll…

• megan says:

I tend to think that if you don’t watch a show, you shouldn’t be voting for it either way. I just skip it and move on. If you watch but have no opinion, then sure, that’s interesting to see, but I think it would be more indicative of what a show’s viewers actually think if “don’t watch” wasn’t an option.

• Kristina says:

There were a few instances while I was flipping through this list that I had that sentiment; that I watch the show and I don’t really have an opinion, but I don’t actively advocate cutting it. Which I suppose begs the question, “Why am I still watching it?” (The answer is because I’m a TV addict.) Maybe next year that option should be split?

• Ben says:

Sometimes, I vote for shows I want to be cut because I know its competing for renewal with a show I do want renewed

Sometimes, I vote for shows to be cut because their ratings are so bad I think they should be.

Sometimes, I vote for shows to be renewed because I’m interested in them but don’t want to watch unless they last a bit longer.

I therefore use ‘I don’t watch’ for where I legitimately have no view as to a shows renewal or cancellation.

• Andrea says:

I agree, Eric. I was surprised by that, too. I like the “I don’t watch option.” It’s interesting to see the tastes of other posters reflected in those numbers.

Come on, Forever! (Even if its only a 13 episode season. I’d take what I could get.)

• Steven says:

I agree. The amount of “I don’t watch” for Forever makes me so sad. people should be watching. it’s really good!

16. Brian Bauer says:

It’s not really a list of shows that are on the bubble, it’s a list of shows that haven’t been renewed yet.

17. I voted cut on Castle cause I get the feeling Fillion and Katic want out. Also Cut on Marry me so Casey Wilson is free to work on whatever Happy Endings project the rest of us want. Also OF COURSE TO MINDY, SHIELD, and CARTER. I AM NOT AN ANIMAL.

18. Kristine Snider says:

Castle needs to retire. I loved it and now it both bores me and infuriates me. Everyone involved is talented and will find new gigs.

19. brandydanforth81 says:

Keep Dixie & Nashville

20. Babybop says:

Heart of Dixie should be cancelled (which it already is). The show lost its *cough* heart in the third season and it still hasn’t really gotten back there. I don’t look forward to it anymore.

• Katherine215 says:

It’s a shame you haven’t enjoyed this season, I’ve loved it and thought it got back to it’s roots this year. But I admittedly didn’t hate season 3, though.

21. MeryCharlotte says:

we want more Castle!!!

22. maria says:

I hope ABC keeps Forever, but it is rated fairly low, so they probably won’t. As far as Castle, I doubt ABC will have to make that decision, as Nathan will probably make it for them (as in, I think he will run like the wind as soon as his contract is up). Possibly the same could be said for Stana as well.

• Becky says:

I hope you’re right on this. I love Nathan Fillion and so I sat through the first two years of this. But, I just couldn’t take it longer than that. Please cancel this show so he can go on to something worthy of his talents.

• Tran says:

Still don’t know why people like Forever because of WHAT?! Going up against Chicago Fire (NBC) and Person of Interest (CBS) in the 10 p.m. Tuesday night time slot is still an issue and the numbers never lie week after week. Hope you guys can complain all you want. Try not to go all Jack Bauer on me or else you’re going to hurt my feelings about what you’ve said.

• maria says:

Maybe they could put Forever into Castle’s current spot (if, in fact, Castle does not return next season).

• Because of the beautiful Alana De La Garza

• Nero tTVf says:

THIS!!!! ADLG is quite something special. The Mountain/CW, L&O, Do No Harm – I watch everything she does. I’ll miss Forever when it does get canceled in May, but I am happy that ABC kept the series the entire season. I’ve enjoyed it, and enjoyed watching Alana – looking forward to her next series.

23. TYLER says:

POI
    POI

and

POI

24. Karla Wright says:

#SAVECASTLE #SEASON8

25. I wish we could vote more than once. There are two shows that I think should call it quits. Heck, Stalker lasted longer than I thought. And I’m tired of everything Castle… I gave up on the People’s Choice Awards for crying out loud because they always win, and it’s rigged so Castle wins and the actors win too. Give another series a chance.

Yes I am still bitter over Criminal Minds and Shemar Moore getting passed over… The millionth time for CM

26. Dj says:

Can they cut Revenge and keep AoS then put Emily Van Camp on AoS.

27. It’s not that I mean anything bad regarding Agent Carter, but I really think it would mean more of they just left it alone with 1 season. It had a great run and they shouldn’t jinx it. If you want to do a one-shot miniseries, leave it as such and end it while it is still a good thing.

28. Molly says:

Please keep Nashville and Agent Carter ABC. I’ll have nothing to watch anymore if you don’t.

• Jim says:

Please keep Nashville my wife and I love it and can’t wait to see whats going to happen. Great music and guest stars.

29. Tran says:

Really hope that several of CBS’ biggest dramas should get renewed with the expectation of shows like Stalker, CSI: Cyber and Battle Creek. NCIS and Criminal Minds still aren’t going anywhere depending on how long these two long running series is going to last and I still don’t know what the future holds for CSI and where does The Good Wife go from here (wasn’t on that list)?

30. Ryan says:

Is there a limit to how many shows ABC will cut? Will they be more likely to keep Shield if they cancel 3 or 4 others?

31. Maya says:

Galavant, Agent Carter and The Mindy Project are three shows I love and really need more of!

• Maya says:

Oops Agents of SHIELD and Forever too. Galavant, I just realized, wasn’t on the list ;)

• murley says:

Even though Galavant wasn’t there this is my list too. Including Sheild as well. I haven’t checked out Forever but I might catch up with it over the summer if it is renewed or comes to a satisfying conclusion.

32. Martha says:

Keep The Mindy Project! That show is amazing, so sad it’s so underrated

33. Eowyn says:

Where is Sleepy Hollow? I keep hearing that’s on the bubble now.

34. JM says:

Keep POI, Elementary and The Mindy Project, because they are great shows. Keep Hawaii Five-O and The Following as my guilty pleasures.

35. abz says:

The main ones I care about are Agents of SHIELD, Nashville, Agent Carter and POI. I don’t want to lose any one of them. They’re all great!

36. Neki says:

KEEP: Fresh off the Boat, Mindy and Castle.
    And why on earth is The Middle on this list? It has nearly 8 mil viewers and ratings above 2 at 8 o’clock, and ratings are stable as a rock. Thats certain renewal. If I need to say it: KEEP!

• BrightLight says:

I always worry about The Middle each year. This year more since Charlie McDermott is doing a pilot and since Sue is supposed to go to college, leaving only Brick at home. I really don’t want it to end though as I think it’s the perfect Wednesday night counter programming. Frankly I’ve always enjoyed it more than Modern Family but that’s probably just me.

• Tom Haydu says:

The Middle is my favorite comedy on Wednesday nights. I couldn’t imagine that ABC block without that show.

37. kmw says:

I think polls like this are fun as well. This site is not playing favorites with Bones mostly in this case Bones and its actors are closer to coming back than Castle The networks are in different places, seeing how FOX has had a terrible year (except Empire of course) Bones is making money for FOX in syndication, however if they had more Empires on their network we would be looking at Bones not getting another year. ABC on the other hand is having a pretty good year except for a couple of nights but Castle should be back if actors come back. Judging by numbers of people who voted for it to come back it still has loyal fan base. Like Matt said the word bubble is in quotation marks

38. marco Parada says:

Please keep person of interest it’s awesome it’s number one show. Along with the NCIS franchise . keep stalker and cristela .

39. BrightLight says:

Interesting, my vote in the Revenge poll made the keep and cut the EXACT same percentage.
    I was happy to least that at least for the moment, I wasn’t the only person wanting to keep Forever around longer.

40. Heathers says:

What has happened to Stalker? Is it on hiatus?

41. Tony Lang says:

Didn’t realize Elementary was on the bubble. And the “results” clearly makes Revenge the most divisive show out there…

42. HCDZ says:

I like Forever, but I doubt it will stick around. Same for Stalker. I reaaaally hope Agent Carter is renewed.

43. Tom says:

Keep the middle if only because I want to see them justify Sue being a Leap Year baby again and yet somehow NOT turn 20

44. Jane says:

I want them to save About a Boy so badly. I’d trade anything on NBC to keep it. It’s hilarious and I need them to air the episode where Lori has her baby and Fiona is the doula! I know they filmed it!

45. thao says:

Definitely more Castle!

46. KC says:

Keep Forever & Castle
    Get rid of the rest especially Mindy

47. Audrey says:

CW please save Hart of Dixie!! Please do the miracle!

48. Wii_ju says:

Save Stalker please!!!

49. dioxinblues says:

How in the world is PERSON OF INTEREST considered a “bubble” show? It averages 10 million viewers? And they’re about to go into the golden 5th season?

• John says:

Viewers don’t matter it’s the demo and POI isn’t getting cancelled but it’s probably moving to Friday

• Robert says:

It wont it getting good ratings if moves Friday it sure hell get cancelled all tv show move Friday get cancelled.

• Robert says:

POI wont get cancelled it get 22 episode season 5 unlike revenge because ratings way higher then revenge average 2.5 to 3.0 compared to Revenge 1.0.1.2

50. KarenP says:

Castle has outlasted its entertainment value. And that’s from a once-diehard fan. They are scraping the gutters for story lines and have lost focus on the interesting relationships, instead relying on Kate wanting to jump in the sack every 20 minutes (and we just don’t care any more). It needs to go before it gets worse.

• John NYC says:

Not for me. But it does read as if it’s time (or past time) for you to move on. I’ve had that with other shows, it happens.

• T says:

I agree with you. I was a Castle fan from day one but the quality of the show has seriously declined. The two leads look like they are going through the motions most of the time and the writing has deteriorated to the point of…well what’s the point? Season 7 seems like nothing more than separate disconnected, often dull stories. Castle used to be great entertainment for me. Now it is record and watch whenever; usually on fast forward. Both leads have publicly said they want the show to go out on top – Stana went so far as to say “art over finance”. It will be interesting to see if they walk the talk.

• Nero tTVf says:

I like what you said – and what Stana said – “Art over finance.” We’ll see – sometimes, money talks. If the network wants to get one more season out of Castle, they’ll pay the extra dollars to pay the cast to do a shorten, abbreviated final season.

However, Castle and Revenge are going to be interesting decisions for ABC. Sometimes a network can rely on the studio to help pick up the costs of carrying an older (and more expensive series) into a final season, with larger contracts for the cast, etc. But ABC is both ‘network’ and ‘studio’ for both Castle and Revenge. No one to turn to now but themselves (ABC) to pay the increased costs that are surely coming for both series – Castle in particular, to get them to come back for an abbreviated final season.

My opinion – for what it is worth (probably nothing) – one of the two series, Castle or Revenge, is done in May at Upfront period. Perhaps both. If that happens, Nashville is a lock to return next season – ABC can’t cancel everything, and maybe a series like Forever might be able to sneak in for a season 2 if ABC says goodbye to both Castle and Revenge.

Here’s something else to consider …. Shonda and co. I’m sure will get at least one new pilot drama series green-lighted for next fall. Maybe two. They are on a roll over there. So, do you place the next new Shonda series at 10pm Thursday, and move the hot ‘Murder’ to another night? Perhaps. ABC has some options here come May.

Younger shows, with momentum from hot producers like Shonda must find a place on the fall schedule. And where does that leave older shows like Castle and Revenge? You tell me.

• mediaanon says:

Definitely should be Revenge, that way they can end another veteran show next season instead of ending both at the same time.