TVLine Items: Days' Bo & Steve Return, Mistresses Adds Mystery Doc and More

Days Of Our Lives Spoilers

Two Days of Our Lives favorites are booking return trips to Salem, just in time to celebrate the NBC soap’s 50th anniversary.

Stephen Nichols (as Steve “Patch” Johnson) and Peter Reckell (as Bo Brady) will appear later this year, some time before Days turns the big 5-0 on Nov. 8, Soap Opera Digest reports.

Nichols was last spotted in Salem in 2009, while Reckell bid the town adieu in 2012.

Ready for more of today’s newsy nuggets? Well…

* Lifetime on Wednesday announced premiere dates for the next two films in its Flowers in the Attic franchise. If There Be Thorns will air Sunday, April 5, at 8/7c, followed by Seeds of Yesterday on Sunday, April 12, at 8 pm.

* The second season of Starz’s Power will premiere Saturday, June 6, at 9 pm.

* Esai Morales (Criminal Minds) is joining the cast of El Rey Network’s From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, as Lord Amancio Malvado, a terrifying figure with a dangerous grip on Eiza Gonzalez’s Santanico.

* Ed Quinn (Eureka) will recur in the third season of ABC’s Mistresses, our sister site Deadline reports, playing a sensitive-yet-offensive internist named Dr. Alec Adams.

1. wrstlgirl says:

Very excited to hear about Peter and Stephen but it’s hardly a surprise. There will be more of these announcements in the coming weeks. Hope to see Shawn, Belle and even Phillip. Somehow bring Jack and Tony Dimera back from the dead, come on, it’s a soap, lol. Very likely to have Carrie and Austin back again but meh and of course Sami will make an appearance. I just hope they don’t make her the center of the story plot.

2. alistaircrane says:

Excited for Patch! Now they just need to bring back Matthew Ashford! I want Jack ALIVE and back together with Jennifer!

I am also hoping Carrie, Austin, Billie, Kristen and Susan return.

• Erica says:

Kristen is already coming back this month! Wish granted!

• alistaircrane says:

Not really. That return was written and filmed months ago by the old writers and has nothing to do with the 50th. I want Kristen and Susan back for the actual anniversary event in November.

3. Does that mean that CM will go to their third Section Chief if Morales is signed on for From Dusk Til Dawn? Watch him croak in the finale.

• Angela says:

I was wondering about that, too. I rather hope, if he leaves, they don’t kill him off, but rather he just decides to go to another job (maybe the events of “200” took their toll on him or something?).
      Or who knows, maybe he will stay on. It’s not like he’s a regular character, after all-Strauss didn’t show up in every single episode, either, and the actress who played her was still able to go do other things and pop in on CM when needed. But we’ll see come finale time, I guess!

4. Erica says:

THRILLED Bo is returning!!!! I hope that Peter Reckell is sticking around Salem and its not just a short return for the anniversary. Days isn’t the same without Bo and Hope together

5. diseno web says:

Thanks for the good writeup. It in truth used to be a entertainment account it.
    Look complicated to far delivered agreeable from you!
    However, how could we be in contact?

6. Wheen choosing a wedding veil length, it is important to think about the detailing and style of your wedding gown. Planning your
    wedding is connected to a lot of hard wprk and even a bit of chaos.
    The result will be lacklustre if youu doo not dedichate enough time
    to making the pictures happen.

7. Nana2jack says:

The main character that should appear is the one that was there 50 years ago at the beginning, Julie. Hope to see Susan and Bill Hayes. Wish they were there more often.

8. Norman Boucher says:

Bring back Andrea demair, and Peter Black and Vivian, Dr Rolf. Ato
    Action pack with Stefano Awesome.just love it.

9. Tran says:

About time Peter Reckell & Stephen Nichols are coming back to DAYS to shake things up for the show’s 50th anniversary. Don’t know why Stephen Nichols left Y&R not too long ago.

• AshBash says:

Stephen Nichols was fired from Y&R at the same time as Genie Francis and Debbie Morgan and Emme Rylan. Then Y&R wanted him back but he never returned. It was one of the many mistakes Y&R made that year but at least it worked out for Days.

• Laura says:

It would be a great time to bring back EJ – I know whatever Kristin had in that hypodermic brought him back he is the “Son of the Phoenix” after all!!

10. ger says:

yes it is about time they brought both of these actor’s back love it!!!

11. big cheddar says:

As always, thanks for covering soap news! Great to hear Days is bringing back some fan favorites for their big anniversary. GH did the same thing awhile back and it felt pretty successful overall.

12. The Carpooler says:

Always great to see Esai staying active. Loved him since La Bamba, and he was the best Lou on NYPD BLUE.

13. Zoe says:

Oh man- one of them has an eyepatch? That’s so soap opera cliche I love it.

• 4ever DAYS says:

The character of Steven Earl Johnson is the one that started the eye-patch craze, so he isn’t cliche. He’s a leader and others followed!!!!! Welcome back Patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. cc says:

Thought General Hospital has been saying Stephen Nichols is returning to General Hospital Stephan Cassadine. And that he has already filmed scenes? Hope GH isn’t teasing us again!

15. mollytanner says:

Kim and Shane need to return to get their daughters in check.

16. F.G. says:

Has TvLine ever thought about having a Daytime TV Section? Surprised that the Bold and Beautiful Transgender storyline did not get a mention, that new story even made national news.

17. ChellemaBelle says:

Bring back Eric Brady, maybe with a brother who happens to be in the family business– saving people, hunting things. (Sorry, couldn’t resist).

18. Phyllis Thompson says:

I am thrilled to hear that Bo and Patch are returning. I never missed DOOL. It is a little boring now. it was so exciting w hen Bo and Hope worked cases together. I loved Eugene and Calliope also, along with Pete and Melissa. The 80’s on this show were magnificent. Look back at who won all the Soap Opera Digest awards. One year they won all but 1 and is was because they did not have a male child actor. I am not crazy about Aiden. I want Hope to have the love of her life back and Kayla too. I do like Jennifer with Dr. Jonas. I am also wondering how long it is going to take for Brady to find out that Theresa was pregnant with his child. I am not crazy about Ben either. I wanted Sami and Hernandez together. I am looking forward to the day that Eve gets what is coming to her.

19. mycell0920 says:

Great news about Bo and Patch. Add Chloe , Stephanie and Phillip as 30 something’s and the show would be sexy and smart. Also, quit playing with Nicole. She is a bombshell who is trouble. I miss her edge. The kicked dog way they are writing her is too lame. She has repented, now let’s move forward. Give us a season of super coupes fighting Stephano or Kristen ….even Clyde.

• 4ever DAYS says:

Chloe is coming back for a few episodes under the just fired writers. The actress may be willing to come back full time now that there are new writers!

20. Linda says:

I glad they are bringing Bo and Patch back the show has been boring lately and a lot of people I know who used to watch have quit watching it. Since Ej and Sammy and Bo and Jack are gone the show has gone down hill. I have watched for 30 years and the last 4 months are boring! Maybe bringing back Bo and Patch might spruce up the show more.

21. 4ever DAYS says:

I need a solid six months of Susan Banks!!!!!

22. Kayhy says:

Please keep Peter Reckell and Stephen Nichols permanently!

23. Ali says:

ive been watching days since I was a little girl with my mama.
    I have loved and watched It since the early 70’s.
    Every decade has been so fun to watch.
    I hope they can get Steve & Bo on permanently.
    Please keep Marlana!
    You keep Maggie why not Marlana.
    I love the both of them also.
    I don’t care to much for the gays on the show but, that’s my perference.
    I hope Days lasts forever…I’ve loved it for a long time.
    Please never take it away from us.

• I hope that they bring Kristen back and some kind of way Brady and Kristen will feel their way back to each other…Kristen is a very good Actress,and as for Brady a very Good Actor,they are made for Days of Our Lives….Bring Kristen Back!!!!

24. Ali says:

Love the show since the 70’s.
    Please never take it off the air.
    I hope they keep Steve & Bo, permanently.
    I hope the Two couples return to each other.
    Please keep Marlena. I heard the show wants to get rid of her.
    Marlena & Maggie have been awesome
    If you need to get rid of anybody, get rid of all the gay guys.
    Keep the show like it use to be.
    Men with women.

25. Suetta says:

50th or not… yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh for Patch and Bo to come back on Days… they should stay permanently so Hope and Bo can be together and Patch and Kayla too… not the same good ‘ole’ show without them… watched Days since its birth… can’t get enough of this show…

26. mardus says:

going to start watching Days again. Best characters are all coming back yea!!

27. Margaret jeffers says:

I stopped watching when Bo left..I haven’t missed since he returned..Like Steve..hate his wife being mean to him…Will not watch as Bo is going to die…watched for almost 40 yrs…But I’ve learned no one cares what I think..