Exclusive

Person of Interest First Look: Vikings' Katheryn Winnick Gets in John's Face

Vikings badass Katheryn Winnick will rock fresh-scrubbed skin, a cas’ ponytail and a laid-back attittude on CBS’ Person of Interest, as seen in these first photos from her upcoming guest-starring turn.

In the dynamic drama’s next new Season 4 episode, titled “Skip” and airing March 24, Winnick plays bounty hunter Frankie Wells. Reese is tasked with protecting this latest POI, even as she steadfastly refuses to let the potential threat to her life deter her from the relentless pursuit of a target. (Elsewhere in the episode, Finch tries to set in motion a plan he began in Hong Kong.)

Check out the photos below and tell us: Frankie seems right at home, yes?

Person of Interest Katheryn Winnick
PersonOfInterest_Winnick_2

1. Babygate says:

This is the episode I have been waiting for! I love her as Lagertha and cant wait to see another strong female on the show. Losing Shaw was bad enough but without Root it has been a total bore. No female representation at all. I’m just hanging in there waiting to see what happens to Root. I wish they would specify when she’s going to be on so i know what episodes to skip.

• JC says:

I know how you feel. Without Root I am losing interest in Person Of Interest.

• dendenzim says:

I initially thought that I would miss Shaw’s presence but I’m finding I’m missing Root more. Root for me is a far more interesting character and I enjoy her interactions with Harold.

• Spooky says:

I agree. Needs more Root. And possibly Shaw but know rush if Sarah takes time off with her kids, but I hope they don’t replace her. And whatever happened to Martine?

2. Heathers says:

What is a cas ponytail?

• Leah says:

Casual (I think). I was confused too; my first thought was Supernatural and I’ve never even watched that show.

3. Rich Abey says:

From one of my favorite shows to my No.1 show..Katheryn Winnick is more than welcome on Person of Interest!

4. HAP says:

Wild guess here about Amy Acker. I believe that the primary residence of Amy, her husband and two kids in in the LA area. POI Shoots in New York. Just wondering if she has some sort of agreement with the producers that limits her work on the show.

• DebraM says:

Agree with all the comments about wanting more Root. There would have been no need for the parade of Shaw “replacement” actresses if the show runners had used the talent already available to them in Amy Acker. About a year ago she moved her husband and two children from LA to New York so that’s not why she hasn’t been in recent episodes.

5. TVPeong says:

I wonder if they’ve been trying out female actresses to find one that will have chemistry with the team and stick around for a while:

– Harper (Annie Ilonzeh), the grifter in “Blunt”. She’s shown that she’s smart and can handle herself, plus Harold trusts her.

– Anna Mueller (Bella Dayne), the programmer/MMA fighter in “Q&A”. She has computer savvy, a good heart, and can fight.

– Claire Mahoney (Quinn Shepherd), the computer whiz working for Samaritan in “Q&A” and “Nautilus”. Harold has a soft spot for her, she’s shown that she is smart, she could be Root’s protege and an ally in taking down Samaritan.

– Zoe Morgan (Paige Turco), the fixer in various episodes including “Guilty”. Great chemistry with Reese, she’s smart and fun.

– Dani Silva (Adria Arjona), the police officer in “M.I.A.” and “Point of Origin”. Could be a protege to Reese and Fusco.

And now Frankie Wells (Katheryn Winnick), a bounty hunter.

• Aimee says:

I am wondering the same thing. There sure have been a lot of stories focused on strong female characters lately. Not that I mind at all. I’m rather enjoying it. Right now my choice would be Dani Silva. She seems to have the best chemistry with the group. Although, I haven’t seen Katheryn Winnick on this show yet so I can’t judge.

6. hud says:

Interesting program at first. Now it has to be a convoluted mess. I like Shaw/ I like Root. Far removed from original premise of helping those in need. I have 5 recorded ep. I have yet to decide if it is worth the effort too watch. Reading above makes me think no.

• Hammer says:

“Far removed from original premise of helping those in need.”

How exactly do you figure? In every episode (save a very select few) they have had a number (or numbers) to protect just as always. They have just added a new twist with the competing AIs battling it out.

7. POI says:

This is a great show…the acting superb.. go back to the original plots…save people…that’s the best story lines and ad a little more Paige turcco… she’s good

8. Chase says:

This is the last kind of standard set up episode before the show kicks back into the high they left off with around mid season. the final four episodes all look connected.

EP.19 is titled Search and Destroy and it might be a martine centric episode
    EP.20 is titled Terra Incognita which could indicate someone may find some location or area they never knew about
    EP.21 is titled blacksite and these looks to split between Brotherhood and Samaritan and Denise the, the mind behind If-Then-Else and The crossing is writing it so be scared

and the finale EP.22 is titled YHWH and will split between both archs…

so after Next weeks episode Root will definitely be involve more.