Hindsight Renewed for Season 2

Hindsight Series Premiere Recap

Becca’s big do-over just got a (much-needed) extension.

VH1’s Hindsight, the story of a 30-something divorcée who aims to fix her life upon being transported back to the ’90s, has been renewed for a second season.

As you may recall, last week’s season finale found Becca (once again!) destroying her friendship with BFF Lolly, despite promising herself it would be different this time. But fear not, because creator Emily Fox assures TVLine that she has big plans for Season 2.

“We have a grand design of what could potentially happen,” Fox says about the evolving series. “We have always come into this with a bigger picture and understanding of what’s going on. You have to do that if you have a time-travel show… or you better have it.”

Over the moon about Hindsight‘s renewal? What do you hope to see in Season 2? Drop a comment with your thoughts below.

1. Ken says:

I am super excited… Find this how really original and entertaining

2. Christina says:

Yay! I was hoping that this would get renewed!

3. cathms says:

Yay! This makes me so happy!

4. Viviana says:

Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! Yes!! I am SOOOOO happy about this renewal. I yelped a bit at work and now everyone thinks I am crazy because this is “just” a TV show.

5. Heather says:

I am so excited, I am doing the happy dance at work!!!

6. Ann says:

I love this show, but I don’t like Becca! Lolly is right, she is a bad person. How many guys was she “in love” with anyways? We were supposed to feel bad for her when we learned that Sean cheaterd on her in her first timeline, only to find out that she cheated on Sean with Kevin (it doesn’t matter if the marriage was going sour…she was still married) AND lied to Lolly and snuck around her back for 6 months! But, nevermind, I guess she really wasn’t in love with Kevin because actually in love with Andy because that’s who she was marrying in the first episode. Am I missing something here or do the writers actually want us to hate the lead character?

• Michelle says:

WHEN did Becca say that Sean CHEATED on her? I just can’t remember right now.

• Shannon says:

Was it when Becca was explaining to Lolly why she shouldn’t get married to Sean? There was a whole dialogue where she was talking about how she always had to support him and he resented her for it and they were always fighting.

Also, where the heck did the black guy she met at the bar from the first couple of episodes go?? I figured he was going to be her time machine guardian angel or something but then he disappeared!

• I think that it was when Becca slept with Sean in the first episode and she was like “does this even count?” and Sean was like “is there somebody else?” and Becca said, “I’ve always* been faithful to you.” Then, Sean was like, “Great, you’re going to bring *that* up on our wedding day?” Then Becca said “no, no, not that.”

Something along those lines. I think that means that Sean was unfaithful to Becca at some point, but I’m not quite sure.

• nora says:

SHe never re did say Sean cheated ….

• Lo says:

Becca should not have cheated on Sean and lied to Lolly about Kevin, but you have to remember that all these relationships spanned over 10-15 years. I’ve been in love with more than one person in that time period, I don’t think that makes her flighty or unlikable, we can’t all be lucky enough to find our soulmate at 20. I also understand how hard it is to tell a friend that you have feelings for someone they like also. She’s flawed, that’s what makes her relatable, even if the viewer doesn’t like all her choices. .

• Bridget Butterworth says:

I agree! I have felt like becca at times. My husband doesn’t like her and I explained to him the same thing you said.

7. Kat says:

good job vh1. finally some amazing programming. maybe next season dont pair with mob wives and give this show the chance to actually gain some viewers! SO EXCITED!

8. kooper says:

yes this makes me so Happy now they need to get heart of Dixie renewed for a 15 episode final season and all will be right with the world. I hope Becca and the nerdy dude get on together and her and lolly friendship is repaired even though Becca is selfish at times but I definitely want more of Sean and actress being back together and maybe lolly can finally fall truly for becca brother

9. A says:

happy dat it got renewed but becca was 40 whn she time-traveled, ryt?

10. Sarah T says:

So happy this got renewed! S1 was the perfect blend of story line and nostalgia to get me hooked! I’m seriously wondering where Becca ends up after the season finale (my guess is a completely different year than 2015 but that’s just me.
    Also, wouldn’t Becca technically be at least 40? I’m assuming that the “current” story line (where she was getting ready to marry Andy) was set in 2015. She was then deposited back in 1995 where she had to be at least 20 (though likely closer to 24). Just me being nitpicky but I also wondered if I missed something from the premier episode.

11. Shannon says:

Becca was around 23 in 1995 which would have made her 43 in 2015. Lolly even mentioned Becca’s 40 year old self in one of the episodes

12. Jennifer says:

Thanks God. Some stations actually get it right. Whereas others (I’m looking at you TNT – PERCEPTION) don’t.

13. Julia says:

Woo!! One of my favorite shows now.

14. Sam says:

Yay, this made my day. I was really worried we’ll be stuck with the cliffhanger as a series finale.

15. Michelle says:

YAY! This is the best news, I’ve heard in ages. I found out about this show through TVLine and have loved it from day one. Thank You VH1 for renewing this wonderful show!

16. Shannon says:

Thank goodness. Just the 90’s music and pop culture alone is worth it.

Lolly: But I love AOL!

Becca: AOL loves you too.

17. Chelsea says:

YEAH!!!

18. Television says:

soooo glad…love this show

19. Kim says:

I am so happy!! I love this show so much. I am 41 years old so it feels like I am reliving my early 20 years with Becca and Lolly. Makes me think about what I may change or not change and it’s just plain fun!

20. Kate says:

Thank you Hindsight for coming back! I haven’t looked forward to a show in so long. Probably since 1995! Its great to have that back. Don’t end!

21. Tessk says:

Of all the shows that were a maybe for renewal this season, I am so so relieved and happy that Hindsight got a renewal! I am addicted!

22. Cathy says:

Yay! So happy and excited! I like Becca! some of us did make mistakes, really bad ones…but they say you cannot grow without mistakes. I want to see Lolly and Becca friendship make it. I also like Becca’s brother, again he can learn from his mistakes. Don’t like Melissa, feeling bad for Andy! Not sure if Becca should be with Kevin or back to Andy. Bring back her handsome guardian angel

23. I’m so EXCITED! I really love this show.

24. Karen B says:

She is 45 when she goes back — not a 30-something. You obviously have never seen the show.

• Marc says:

Agreed. There have been several lines that peg her birth year as 1970: a reference to her having been 12 when something happened in 1982; her having not been to a rave for 15 years when she was 10; etc.

25. ash says:

Great news!!

26. uk-usa-tvaddict says:

I gave up on this show after the epi with the car accident. I feel dumb that I watched the pilot and I saw this show as a chance for the main character to make changes in her life, I was clearly focusing on her career choices and doing things that made her happy and were brave. Instead it evolved into a pathetic string of sex partners. Seriously tv shownakers is that all women think about from highschool to the grave?!

27. Thank goodness!! I haven’t watched a drama in over 10years…I love this show!

28. Sabrina says:

I’m so glad that this show has been renewed. It’s been one of my favourite new dramas of the season.

29. Amber says:

I’m very very happy about this!! I hope we don’t have to wait til next January, but if we do I’ll take it. This has been my favorite new show of the season!!

30. Dude says:

YES! I just started binging on it last week and I love it. I was just checking some news out before watching another episode and this has made me very happy.

31. Erin B says:

Yay! I started watching the show based on quotes I read on this site. It didn’t disappoint.

32. Danielle H. says:

yesssss I was worried. What a cliffhanger! It could all go in like 20 different ways lol. Great show!!

33. Heidi says:

Honestly, I want to thank VH1 for giving this storyline a chance. The writing, the music and the acting are all on point, and it’s a relief that the show is being recognized. We simply cannot depend on reality tv for all the entertainment — there is so much to be said about script-based shows. Again, thank you! This show is incredible, and I really hope the current following can spread the word and advertise so the ratings reflect the content. The critics sure loved it, and it was probably what caused the renewal season. I’m just so relieved it did!! Hindsight Season 2 cannot happen soon enough!!

34. Staci says:

I was so hoping it would be…now how long do we have to wait….

35. YAY! This is great news :))) The story can branch in so many directions now.

36. Singing_gal says:

Woo hoo! Now I can get all my friends to watch it!

37. DeeKayTee says:

38. mooshki says:

YAY!!!!! I don’t care what happens, I’m just glad we’re getting more!

39. Lynn says:

Best news of the week!!! I LOVE this show and I am so relieved that there will be a season 2! Thank you, TV Line, for pointing out this show to me because I would never have watched a VH1 show if you had not given me a heads-up on the concept behind this show.

40. jenny lopes says:

Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

41. katy says:

This is my absolute fave show!!! It has been a long time since there was anything this fun and engaging on TV. Love the story and music, and the recreation of the 90’s is SPOT ON! I totally relate. So happy for a renewal and hope for many many seasons!

42. Stephanie says:

First off; I am so excited, I would have been super upset if there wasn’t a 2nd season.
    Second, everyone needs to stop hating on Becca and remember she is trying to figure out why she got sent back and trying to “fix” things and mistakes she made the first time around. Sure she made a mess of most of it but, how well would you fare if it happened to you?
    Lastly, I love this show, the concept, the timeline, the music, keep up the great work…and does anyone know how long we will have to wait for season 2?????

43. Jodie says:

I absolutely LOVE this show! Was addicted the first episode! Super excited that it is coming back on! And let’s face it the 90’s were AWESOME!

44. brianna says:

I hope to see andy and Becca together I think they should be together BTW I love this show I’m looking forward to season 2!!!

45. Bridget Butterworth says:

This is the best show since my so-called life! I hope becca gets with Kevin and they lived happily ever after!

46. I was hoping it would get renewed! I can’t wait to see what happens next! And the clothes, and the music, and Lolly, and Becca and KEVIN!

47. Jessica says:

Yay! I’m so glad they extended this! This is the only show I get excited about every week.

48. Crystal says:

Hindsight is my favorite new show! I’m bummed that it’s not coming on tonight! March 18, 2015