Exclusive

Once Upon a Time Sneak Peek: Can Regina Prove She's Still a 'Bad Girl'?

Loading video...

This Sunday on Once Upon a Time (ABC, 8/7c), Regina goes “undercover” to infiltrate the Queens of Darkness who have made camp in Storybrooke — but can she convince her peers she’s still bad to the bone?

In the exclusive sneak peek above, Regina (played by Lana Parilla) arrives at Granny’s ostensibly looking for a fight with her plucked-from-the-ashes frenemy Maleficent (Kristin Bauer). But when Cruella suggests that the Enchanted Forest’s Evil Queen has been tamed by her hero pals? Oh, it is on.

Elsewhere in Sunday’s episode: Hook requests an unusual favor from Belle as Henry makes progress on his search for the Author, and in flashback Regina befriends Maleficent and helps her to rekindle a lost spark.

Want more scoop on Once, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Kate says:

Is anyone else seeing the biggest problem with Regina going under cover? I mean, the characters don’t know this (despite the fact that he walks around town at night and I can’t help but think of a couple night owl types) but Rumple probably will let the three know that while she might be swayed, she joined the heroes side.

• Chris says:

He might be skeptical, but I can see Rumple buying into it and even try to manipulate her to stay evil, especially if Regina plays “The Charmings ruined my love life again” card.

• Grace says:

I could easily see Regina being tempted by the dark side again, while going undercover with the Queens of Darkness and Rumple. She’s so determined and desperate to get her happy ending, and she might get the idea that being the villain again is the easiest way to achieve that.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I am curious about that, too. Maybe he is distracted by the Belle sitch? Or, if he was just using the QoDs to get back into town, maybe he doesn’t so much care if they fail or succeed?

• Well the “heroes” dont really know about Gold being in town , so that’s how they will meet there downfall , perhaps?

• M says:

After that chat between Rumple and Regina in the car before she said good-bye to her forest hobo true love, I can’t see Rumple buying into Regina going evil. But he would string her along and use her as an unknowing double agent. I would love for Regina to actually go evil, far more than Emma, as Good Regina is as boring as watching paint dry, and Evil Emma will just be another excuse for the heroes (such as they are these days all apparently being lying jerks) to never hold the villains accountable for anything, lest she have to pay for her crimes. Frankly, I don’t know why Storybrooke even has a Sheriff’s Department at this point when the only thing that people get arrested for, apparently, is ruining Emma’s date nights and unwarranted search and seizures. But at least it’s fun watching Lana Parrilla and Kristin Bauer act together. I’d rather have scenes between them than the now laughingly boring/incompetent Charmings or creepy/dull/Twight-y CS trainwreck, whatever hot mess Belle (I just got out of a relationship six weeks ago and totally need another man to be happy ASAP) and Will Scarlet is going to be, and just Hook in general who’s nothing but a useless pretty face that eats up screentime.

2. That was awful. Incredibly cliched. She’s bad because she drinks, really? Is that what they think separates heroes from villains? It’s such outdated, two-dimensional, ideals of morality. It’s cartoon logic, and yes, though they are inspired by animated versions of the stories for the most part the show had elevated them from that to make them more real, which was the point of it.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

To be fair, it could have been something really nasty like Jagermeister. Though I don’t know if that’d so much make her evil or a frat boy.

• Astrid says:

I’m assuming that that wasn’t the actually test to see if she’s still evil. I’m sure they’re gonna make her prove herself some other way.

• Aly says:

Yeah, that’s what I’m assuming too. The drink is more like ‘let’s have a moment of friendliness before I throw something nasty for you to do at you’.

• Steven says:

Now that you mention it, if drinking proves that she’s evil, then Emma has already stepped over to the dark side. Remember that wonderful moment when she shares a shot with Regina, after Mr. Gold is banished from Storybrooke? That was my favorite moment in the series, and now that I know Emma truly is evil, I can enjoy it even more.

• M says:

If hard alcohol is the litmus test, then Emma went evil the first time she drank Hook’s nasty rum… which would explain a lot! Weird scene, though. Just kind of silly and cliche. Hoping the storyline will be better than its set up, but I wouldn’t count on it based on how Season 4 has been going.

3. Bella says:

I’m so very excited for this episode and the sneak peek only made me even more impatient for Sunday to arrive, lol. These four women sharing scenes is so what I’m here for this season on OUAT. I was especially looking forward to the first encounter between Regina and Maleficent and it was everything I hoped for and more. Lana Parrilla is fantastic as “undercover Regina” and Kristin Bauer van Straten is a great match for her, they have awesome chemistry that’s gonna be so fun to watch unfold as the season progresses.

4. Aly says:

I’m SO excited about this episode. I’m hoping we get to see lots of Regina and Mal. This sneak peek looks awesome.

5. Joan says:

Yes, shots with Mal! Give me THAT!
    In all fairness, we don’t know what she consummated, and even if it was just alcohol, the part where she smashes the glass is more important than the drinking itself.

Awesome sneak peek, and it is going to be an awesome episode.

6. Karen says:

Lady villains shenanigans with a twist, I dig it. That’s the Once Upon a Time I love. And vintage female mob boss meets film noir femme fatale is a spot-on look for present day Maleficent. Kudos to the costume department.

7. that was the gayest thing i’ve ever seen in my life.

8. Toni says:

I’m pretty sure taking the drink was more about breaking bread (hunh, more food idioms) to show her acceptance, not proving bad girls can handle their tequila. When you come into enemy territory asking for an alliance, you take what they offer in good faith to show you mean no harm (and trust that they won’t poison you). Of course, villain etiquette apparently dictates that you must crush the glass into a fine, powdery dust after you knock one back, so they either don’t drink much to keep a sober eye on vengeance or back order a lot of shot glasses for dramatic effect.

9. Nick says:

Well if they do go the drinking = evil route, I personally can’t wait for season 7: Grumpys intervention arc

10. This next episode seems to be speeding things up!!!

11. AnnieM says:

After Matt’s recent article, I wonder if Hook is the father of Maleficent’s lost child. Whether he knew it was her when the deed happened, or if she disguised herself as Milan… Hmm.

• Vari says:

Have you heard of Stefan? pretty sure he is the daddy (Aurora’s daddy)

The only flashback we will see is Hook and Ursula’s backstory.

12. aurat22 says:

The pics got me thinking between Regina and Hook’s outfits, the show must invest a lot in faux black leather! 😂 Thanks for keeping us posted Matt!

13. James says:

I’m so much happier with this part of the season than with that Frozen mishap. It’s not boring anymore. I’m still having a problem with Cruella….I just don’t see her driving that car around the enchanted forest (or doing anything there). She doesn’t fit…not in the same universe with the other two. Maybe they will explain it eventually….I hope.

14. Gail says:

Per an earlier article by Matt, Eion Bailey will be in this episode. Though probably in flashback I hope he makes it to the present.

15. Daisy says:

Can I have a Runple sneak peek! Please!😃

16. Hi there! Quick question that’s completely off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?
    My web site looks weird when browsing from
    my iphone. I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might
    be able to fix this issue. If you have any recommendations, please
    share. Thank you!

17. Vari says:

I LOVE HOOK!

18. Nutra Sun says:

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I have read stuff from.
    Thank you for posting when you’ve got the
    opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this web site.

19. Remarkable issues here. I am very glad to peer your post.
    Thank you so much and I am having a look forward to contact you.
    Will you please drop me a e-mail?

20. I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage’s articles daily along with a cup of coffee.

21. este sitio says:

When buying a second hand car is in your mind, you
    need to take care to consider some pointers. Although these cars are more expensive than regular used cars, you know
    you are getting a good car. Drivers who want to find out more
    about which cars are in Group 1, they can visit such websites as
    thisismoney.

22. Salvador says:

Our influence, our witness position might make a difference in ways that cannot be appreciated at the time
    or on this side of the veil, but is important nonetheless. You can contact them
    through phone or email if you want to book your appointments simply.
    You would like to make sure everyone, the patient and also
    the parents, have an excellent level of comfort with the
    entire staff and suggested treatment.

23. Anitra says:

Spectacular! You never come by information like this
    easily and I am not so ungrateful! Maintain it-up guys!

24. Have you ever thought bout creating aan e-book or guest
    authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based upon on the same
    information you discuss and would love to havee you
    share some stories/information. I know my subscribers
    would value your work. If yoou are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e mail.

25. If you want to improve your knowledge just keep visiting this website and be updated with the newest gossip posted here.

26. What i do not realize is in truth how you are not actually much more neatly-favored than you might be now.
    You’re so intelligent. You know therefore considerably in the case of this subject, produced me in my opinion imagine it from a lot of numerous angles.
    Its like men and women are not fascinated except it is one thing to do with Lady gaga!
    Your individual stuffs nice. All the time deal with it
    up!

27. If your mirror is a large investment for you, then you should
    do all you can to ensure that it does not get damaged, because once moisture sets in the outcome
    is irreversible. Those who can afford it also look towards high-end veneer marble and granite countertops to make the atmosphere truly wonderful and
    an example virgin beauty. Interior Designers were seen doing this in countless magazines and home improvement shows.